C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007 | 03:07 PM

vw
I am thinking these 63s lose to everything. Just kidding. Here is a modded M6 up against the 63.
About the same distance as the Gallardo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIDTPACTO6s
Old 08-21-2007 | 03:13 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
That is the most unscientific race ever. The M6 CLEARLY left first.

We tune AMG and ///M - I could care less what is faster, but that race proves nothing.
Old 08-21-2007 | 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Isn't a stock M6 supposed to pull on a Gallardo, especially top end?
Its no suprise a well modded M6 pulls a completely stock CLS63.
Old 08-21-2007 | 03:30 PM

vw
to answer your question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfNOjK0A3kU

Just about dead even.

M6 has 483 hp with headers, ECU upgrade, Exhaust, and Pulleys.
Old 08-21-2007 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Founder

Those #'s are dead right for the M6, and I bet it has our headers and pulley!
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

Thericker & juicee63 - PLEASE STOP THE PERSONAL BACK AND FORTH!

Neither of you will win, and we are all losing!

I know both of you from this forum, and you are both good people. Don't get caught in that never ending downward spiral that you two are heading for!

I am posting this publicly as I want both of you to see that you are not being singled out over the other. Also, I want the community at large to see that we really don't want to encourage this type of stuff.

Thanks guys!
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:49 PM

vw
juicee, post #177 clearly shows the 63 was walked by the modded M6. You can hear the driver say on three, and they go on three. The 63 doesnt even look like its moving.
the same mods are on the white M6 that races the Gallardo SE. They are basically even.
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:51 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by TopCarbon
juicee, post #177 clearly shows the 63 was walked by the modded M6. You can hear the driver say on three, and they go on three. The 63 doesnt even look like its moving.
the same mods are on the white M6 that races the Gallardo SE. They are basically even.
Yes, you are right, the 63 ISN'T moving at the same time as the M6 - that is why it is not a fair or even race.

Starting from a roll is a foolish way to race as 99% of the time between close cars, the car that hits the throttle .1 second sooner wins.

You want a REAL race - go to the strip, use the same unbiased driver for all the cars. Anything less is just ego fodder, not anything close to "real and actual" testing.
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Ok , sorry Ricker,

Sorry everyone. Back on topic
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by juicee63
Ok , sorry Ricker,

Sorry everyone. Back on topic
+1
Old 08-21-2007 | 05:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

thanks!
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:48 PM

OO7 CLS63///G55TANK ///S80-T6///R1///R6
AND- are u lambo guys that desperate to show vids of a cls losing. modded m vs. stock amg---- same outcome if it was modded amg vs. stock m.
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:57 PM

vw
Originally Posted by SAMSSONZ
AND- are u lambo guys that desperate to show vids of a cls losing. modded m vs. stock amg---- same outcome if it was modded amg vs. stock m.
not at all. My point of the two videos is to point out that the video originally posted was not a fake.

Let me explain further:

In the first vid you have a Gallardo SE against the CLS63. Result=demolition
The last two videos sho a modded M6 take on the CLS63 and ...demolition
The last vid shows the same mods performed to the M6(white) against the same Gallardo Se. Result=even.

Conclussion? Both M6s and Gallardo are same in speed and power and the CLS loses by the same margin, the first video is no fake.

my .02.
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:03 PM
MBWorld Founder

Is there some reason why you are ignoring my continued posts on this issue.

Let me restate. A race from a roll, the car that gets on the gas first wins. It is clear in that the M6 got into the throttle before the CLS.

Are you just ignoring this as it is too logical and you cannot explain it away?

Thanks
brad
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:08 PM

vw
Originally Posted by otoupalik

Let me restate. A race from a roll, the car that gets on the gas first wins. It is clear in that the M6 got into the throttle before the CLS.

Thanks
brad
not ignoring, its not obvious to me that M6 gets on the gas first. In fact, the CLS driver is the one doing the honking. I presume he will know when he will hit the horn for the third time.
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:12 PM
MBWorld Founder

So let me try to get your logic right.

The car with less torque takes an immediate 2 car length lead, and YOU cannot see that the M6 got on the gar first?

Well I rest my case, there is no reason to continue to argue the "facts" if you are not willing to deal with the reality of the situation.

Thanks
brad
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
From 40mph roll there's no way a lightly modded M6 is pulling away that quick from a 63. Faster yes, but not like that.

Remember what Jay's modded CL600 did to both the M5 and Gallardo....
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter

Remember what Jay's modded CL600 did to both the M5 and Gallardo....
cmon thats not fair since they were not racing me, they were racing each other and I let them hit it first just teasing
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:41 PM

vw
So let me try to get your logic right.

The car with less torque takes an immediate 2 car length lead, and YOU cannot see that the M6 got on the gar first?

Well I rest my case, there is no reason to continue to argue the "facts" if you are not willing to deal with the reality of the situation.

Thanks
brad
you rest your case....Perry Mason.
Just because we have differing opinions does not make your opinion right. It makes it your opinion. So what if my opinion is different.
Old 08-21-2007 | 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance

You want a REAL race - go to the strip
brad thats a joke as none of these guys will meet us at any strip, the only fast lambo is Mr Vrooms, at least he has the ***** to go out and run his car, they want none of this TQ down low so they want what they perceive to be the "advantage" of a roll on the street, I can tell u any gallardo doing that with me is toast, and on the strip, lol well theres no need to even go there

Last edited by JAYCL600; 08-21-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:06 PM
MBWorld Founder

you rest your case....Perry Mason.
Just because we have differing opinions does not make your opinion right. It makes it your opinion. So what if my opinion is different.
Yes of course you are correct.

The difference is my "opinion" is supported by sight, sound, logic, physics and the laws of horsepower and torque. Yours is supported by your desire to believe something that is not supported by sight, sound, logic, physics and the laws of horsepower and torque.

However, again, you are completely right, it is a matter of opinion. SO.... (to the post below) why not get to the strip!

Originally Posted by E55JAY
brad thats a joke as none of these guys will meet us at any strip, the only fast lambo is Mr Vrooms, at least he has the ***** to go out and run his car, they want none of this TQ down low so they want the what they perceive to be the "advantage" of a roll on the street, I can tell u any gallardo doing that with me is toast, and on the strip, lol well theres no need to even go there
LOL - I wish they would.

I have access to Gallardo's, Mercie's Diablo SV's, etc. I will try to get a track day together myself.

I will state again - a roll on a freeway without any sort of accurate timing and consistent reaction time is a WASTE and proves nothing - and that is NOT opinion, it is FACT.

Thanks
brad
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:22 PM

vw
Yes of course you are correct.

The difference is my "opinion" is supported by sight, sound, logic, physics and the laws of horsepower and torque. Yours is supported by your desire to believe something that is not supported by sight, sound, logic, physics and the laws of horsepower and torque.

However, again, you are completely right, it is a matter of opinion. SO.... (to the post below) why not get to the strip!

LOL - I wish they would.

I have access to Gallardo's, Mercie's Diablo SV's, etc. I will try to get a track day together myself.

I will state again - a roll on a freeway without any sort of accurate timing and consistent reaction time is a WASTE and proves nothing - and that is NOT opinion, it is FACT.

Thanks
brad
Isnt there room for error on the track as well. Where the same reaction time can have negative results on a more powerful car. Isnt it true that a car that is inferior can win if the driver's reactions are better?
I will be the first to state that I am no expert on the track, but a lot of track results goes to the driver.
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Reaction time (shown as RT on the time slip) does NOT affect the 1/4 time or trap.... it does NOT affect 60' time either. The clock does not start until the car passes the starting line. You could wait 5 seconds.... you'll visually lose to the car next to you... but you may still have faster 60' and 1/4.

So comparing time slips would be more accurate than street race - if and only if you just want to compare the cars, not the drivers (i.e. the complete package).

That's why when I read AJ's post saying that we need to put aside dragtimes, I almost fell to the floor laughing....

But just like my previous post, 1/4 time may still not give you the full picture. For example: E55 may have better 1/4 time than E63 or M5/6 but it may have slower 1/2 time, which will prove that E55 shines down low, while E63 or M5/6 shines up top.

So it really depends on what you want to measure.... cars only or driver+car. In most cases, people would like to compare cars only - driver's skills excluded.

If you really want to compare the complete complete package, try nurburgring. Driver+car+handling.
Old 08-21-2007 | 09:34 PM

vw
Originally Posted by zoink
Reaction time (shown as RT on the time slip) does NOT affect the 1/4 time or trap.... it does NOT affect 60' time either. The clock does not start until the car passes the starting line. You could wait 5 seconds.... you'll visually lose to the car next to you... but you may still have faster 60' and 1/4.

So comparing time slips would be more accurate than street race - if and only if you just want to compare the cars, not the drivers (i.e. the complete package).

That's why when I read AJ's post saying that we need to put aside dragtimes, I almost fell to the floor laughing....

But just like my previous post, 1/4 time may still not give you the full picture. For example: E55 may have better 1/4 time than E63 or M5/6 but it may have slower 1/2 time, which will prove that E55 shines down low, while E63 or M5/6 shines up top.

So it really depends on what you want to measure.... cars only or driver+car. In most cases, people would like to compare cars only - driver's skills excluded.

If you really want to compare the complete complete package, try nurburgring. Driver+car+handling.
youknow, finally, I can agree with someone.
Old 08-22-2007 | 10:56 PM

Viper

Thanks
brad

I take issue with this - this is simply incorrect. If the cars are even in the HP department, then it would be true. If there is a small delta in acceleration, it is true - but when there is a pronounced difference, then the faster car will pull the slower car, period. I have been down the drag strip literally thousands of times and been in hundreds of highway pulls with my cars - if the modded M6 is as much faster than the CLS than the Gallardo is, it won't matter who starts first, the only difference will be how big of a gap the faster car makes.

As for the video shown - don't kid yourself. The huge speed differential between that M6 and that CLS has nothing to do with the M6 getting on the gas first. It has everything to do with a big power to weight difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cls 63 Vs Gallardo Se