C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

I am going to look at this car tommarow....what do you think...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 HONDA CBR 929 RR, 2003 KAWASAKI ZX6R, 2004 YAMAHA ZUMA
I am going to look at this car tommarow....what do you think...?

What do you think overall? price seems fair but not unbeliveable

Any comments, questions i should ask or negotation tips are appreciated
here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks for your time
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 AM

$50K-$53 Max. Maybe even less... It doesnt look like an MB dealer which means it wont be certified... The warranty looks like it ends in 2009.

Also, I have seen many with much lower miles here in CA for about the same price incl. CPO... Hope this helps...

JR
Old 06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
06 CLS55 w/ P030, 05 Jag S Type R, 05 TBird-68 Dodge Charger R/T-440 w/4speed I'm original owner
Since it is not from a MB Dealership considers:

1. Verify no bodywork, flood or hurricane damage
2. Check body with electronic paint meter for repainting of any area
3. Place on rack and check underside:
a. worn bolt heads indicate removal of bolts for repairs or body work
b. Front end damage-scraping of front end components
4. Plug into Stardiagnostic at MB dealer and check out all systems and codes
5. Run VIN at dealer on netstar to find our original MSRP and option list-maintenance /repair history
6. Make sure at least new front brake pads and rotors(hope for rears too)
7. Hope car is not a weekend racer
8. Verify car still has factory warranty-if not, do not buy
8. Obtain CarFax with optional info guarantee.
9. Could be an out of state car or had personal tags due to no plates on car-ask seller reason for removing existing plates.

Price somewhat on the high side-try to negotiate.

Last edited by m_berman; 06-27-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for your input!
Alright so he said 63k out the door tax/fees/tag all of it. I chewed him down to 61k out the door and he seems to be holding at that number. The tax is approx 4k so the car is more like 57k.
What do you think... should try and make him sweat a llittle more and pull the trigger or just forget it and wait for a true deal to come up

again thanks for your time and input everyone

Anyone know approx how many miles do get out of OEM MB pads and rotors?
Old 06-29-2008, 12:30 AM

CLS550
If you're willing to spend 57k, get a Certified Pre Owned car. It'll be in that same price range and will have factory warranty up to 100k miles + 1 extra year (2010 or so, I'm guessing?).
Old 06-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Mercutio.Mont
If you're willing to spend 57k, get a Certified Pre Owned car. It'll be in that same price range and will have factory warranty up to 100k miles + 1 extra year (2010 or so, I'm guessing?).
So all CPO cars have a 100k warrany? When you say +1 extra year you are saying in addtion to the MB factory warranty
Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 AM

CLS550
Correct, all CPO cars have 100k warranty, plus one year added to the factory warranty. The vast majority of drivers will run out of warranty time (4 yrs original + 1 year CPO = 5 years from in service date) before they run out of miles (100k).

Also, I believe that the CPO warranty has a deductible of some form once the factory warranty has expired (4yrs/48k miles).

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase an extended factory warranty as well with CPO vehicles?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Mercutio.Mont
Correct, all CPO cars have 100k warranty, plus one year added to the factory warranty. The vast majority of drivers will run out of warranty time (4 yrs original + 1 year CPO = 5 years from in service date) before they run out of miles (100k).

Also, I believe that the CPO warranty has a deductible of some form once the factory warranty has expired (4yrs/48k miles).

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase an extended factory warranty as well with CPO vehicles?
Do you know anything about the Daimler Chrysler extended warranty?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 AM

For over $53K, it best be Certified... $57K non certified is way toooooo much...
Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by TrafficCriminal
Do you know anything about the Daimler Chrysler extended warranty?
You can only get a MB CPO from a MB dealer! Do not fall for anything less... Daimler Chrysler extended warranty is not for an MB. Any warranty other that the MB CPO willl not fix ur car. They have deductables, claims, too many hassles
to try and fix ur car. NOT WORTH IT AT ALL!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
DaimlerChrysler warranty is superior to the CPO period...

Any CPO car is only good from private seller to private seller...once it goes to the dealer....non MB dealer it is dead...only usable by the CPO assignee and if it is CPO and sold from a MB dealer it has to be transfered...but the DC warranty can be transfered to private party and to any dealer you should decide to sell the car too....the CPO is only good one year after the original 4 years and that is that or 5 years after the in-service date... a DC warranty is good 7 years after the in service date or 100k miles and has a $50 or $100 deductable...it depends on the warranty(i honestly dont think the 50 bucks will break our pockets) This warranty is the best in my opinion....and many board members here have used it with zero issues whatsoever... infact I have seen where the CPO has actually called a few repairs related to maintenance and have denied the claim.....and the DC has not denied any claims... go ask a tech at any Benz dealer and they will tell you that is is possible for a CPO warranty to be scrutinized by MB.......and it happens often.... oh and try to mod the car... and have MB throw that CPO right in the trash....even some RENNTECH friendly dealers have had issues.... the DC warranty is a more dependable warranty and it wont get TERMINATED by mods or denied from a maintance issue...remember the DC warranty is an actual warranty with no restrictions...........the CPO is merely an extension of the factory warranty with restrictions and deducts to go with it.....

Last edited by retardedmunk; 06-30-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM

14-F Sport, 07-CLS63 2003-HUMMER 2004-Suburban 2008-MAX 2005-YZF R1
Originally Posted by retardedmunk
Any CPO car is only good from private seller to private seller...once it goes to the dealer....non MB dealer it is dead...only usable by the CPO assignee and if it is CPO and sold from a MB dealer it has to be transfered...but the DC warranty can be transfered to private party and to any dealer you should decide to sell the car too....the CPO is only good one year after the original 4 years and that is that or 5 years after the in-service date... a DC warranty is good 7 years after the in service date or 100k miles and has a $50 or $100 deductable...it depends on the warranty(i honestly dont think the 50 bucks will break our pockets) This warranty is the best in my opinion....and many board members here have used it with zero issues whatsoever... infact I have seen where the CPO has actually called a few repairs related to maintenance and have denied the claim.....and the DC has not denied any claims... go ask a tech at any Benz dealer and they will tell you that is is possible for a CPO warranty to be scrutinized by MB.......and it happens often.... oh and try to mod the car... and have MB throw that CPO right in the trash....even some RENNTECH friendly dealers have had issues.... the DC warranty is a more dependable warranty and it wont get TERMINATED by mods or denied from a maintance issue...remember the DC warranty is an actual warranty with no restrictions...........the CPO is merely an extension of the factory warranty with restrictions and deducts to go with it.....

WOW good Info!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mathmik
WOW good Info!
+1 Great info!! Never knew this...