C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Suggest a non dealer extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Suggest a non dealer extended warranty?

The CLS55 i am about to buy warranty is expired. The previous owner said he took it to the dealer and had them fix everything they could before it expired. Including the compressor belt. (is that normal to need replaced?)

This is a big purchase for me and i would like to have the safety net of a warranty. I guess i can not get the dealer warranty since the original has expired. I was suggested on by the used card dealer but that warranty has so many bad reviews online i can imagine they are going to be any good on a sports car like this.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Just sent you a PM check out http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 PM

06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Do you have experience with this company or are you just suggesting them? Cause a quick google search shows a ton of complaints about their service especially with people how have changed the tires/rims or have sport cars. I dont want to hear them say, "the car is a high performance car sorry not covered."

thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 PM

06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Just sent you a PM check out http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
Didnt get a PM? thx
Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
Not sure what happened, Read this thread on the W211AMG board: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS63 AMG 030; 1970 Ford Mustang Coupe
Chrysler warranty,

I've been looking into this myself.

I got my car from Fletcher Jones, Newport beach. They offered me the extended warranty at the time of purchase, it was a CPO. It was expensive, so I didn't do it at that time. Turns out it was a Fidelity warranty, an aftermarket company. There are a lot of complaints about this company that I found online, and there is a large deductible.

I had my car serviced recently, and I asked the service advisor about it. He actually told me not to buy the Fidelity, that they don't cover the complete cost of the repairs and it's expensive. The complaints on-line mirrored this.

So, I looked at Chrysler factor warranty. I found that on another board. I got a quote, it was half of the Fidelity warranty, so I've been meaning to call them up and confirm what they cover and what they don't. Deductible is $100. If it checks out, I will probably do it. I'm just skeptical, because the quote was less than $3000.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Not sure what happened, Read this thread on the W211AMG board: https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-warranty.html
I've just read that whole thread and I'm still not sure. Do they still sell Chrysler Service Contracts to Mercedes in Cali and to AMGs? What's the point of going through Mike if its the same thing as going directly through Chrysler? Mike and Todd seem like a hassle to get a hold of and work with..
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 PM

I just bought my warranty from Michael last week. My E55 AMG is covered at any MB Dealership in the CONUS for any repairs. I also have up to 4 wheel and tire claims available to me during the 3 year unlimited mile warranty contract.(Paid extra for that) As far as Michael goes, I talked to him maybe 5 times. 2 of the times he picked up the phone on the 2nd ring. Two times he called me back within 10 minutes and one time he called me back the next day. He is the sales guy. He is just selling Chrysler Service Contracts same thing you could buy from any dealer. Everyone buys from him because of the price he sells the contract for. If you price it through your dealer it will be much higher for the same product. The warranty covers everything but brake pads, rotors, belts, filters, oil etc. Once you get your contract approved your dealing with Service contracts directly for the warranty. Really your dealer deals with them. You can take your car to any MB Dealer for service. People have had $4K claims go through without any hassle. Based on my research it was the plan that looked most attractive aside from a CPO which my car no longer has.

I have not had to use it so I can't give you first hand feedback.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E250 Bluetec 2002 CL55, 2000 430CLK Cab
Just bought my CL55 warranty from Michael Case in November for ~$2800 and to date have had over $4K in claims with no issues. The only thing is we are hearing is that cars with ABC suspension are not being added by Chrysler at this time....so make sure you go through this with Michael......I'm not sure but don't think the E55 referenced above has ABC....but then again I may be wrong.

Good luck......I highly recommend this warranty and company if they will write your car.