C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS AMG DIffuser

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Guys,

Very sorry for the delay. Since this is not our own thread, we sometimes lose track of it! We have not scammed anyone, the diffuser has been remolded and the new sample will be ready by the end of next week. Once its done, we will test fit it and then once it passes, we will be making each one and sending them out as they are finished. The process is taking longer than we expected because we added a lower under-portion to the diffuser to make the fins look more in place rather then "tacked-on". Hoping to have pictures for you guys ASAP. Also will be giving either a further discount or little gift to those involved in the GB as a thank-you for the patience.

MCD Motorsports
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I just clicked on this thread to see what this diffuser for the CLS55 would look like. And when i got to the pics my jaw dropped. How much are you guys paying for this part? I am not here to talk bad about a new sponsor such as MCD. But are you for real? that is not a prototype by any means, that is "lets make a part and hope it fits" Clearly they are not using a bumper to make this part? what are they using? the $20 plastic strip that is currently on the car to get this shape? Because if they were using a bumper, maybe there would be a 5mm gap or so on the bottom of the fins. But to have an angle so off that i can stick my hand in there shows they do not have access to a car or bumper to make this part. Which means there will be lots of going back and fourth, and in the end unless they invest some money into making this the right way it will never be good. And the part goes OVER the plastic part? so you still see the edge of the plastic diffuser at the top edges????

I really hope this all turns out well for you guys. I was excited to see what a new CLS55 diffuser would look like, and I was quite embarrassed even looking at that.
Seems like you're trying to do exactly that.

Unfortunately, this project is taking longer then we had expected, but our ultimate goal is to make a product that our customer is entirely satisfied with. We don't think its right to sacrifice that in order to make a deadline, although we have been making great efforts to speed up the process.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by MCD Motorsports
Seems like you're trying to do exactly that.

Unfortunately, this project is taking longer then we had expected, but our ultimate goal is to make a product that our customer is entirely satisfied with. We don't think its right to sacrifice that in order to make a deadline, although we have been making great efforts to speed up the process.
No, you can think that, but that is not the intention. I just said what I did based on the shocking pictures! But I wish you guys the best and hope everyone in the end is happy with the diffuser!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Even though I did not get in the group buy I am anxiously awaiting the finished product as well.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
mercedes cls63
Originally Posted by MCD Motorsports
Guys,

Very sorry for the delay. Since this is not our own thread, we sometimes lose track of it! We have not scammed anyone, the diffuser has been remolded and the new sample will be ready by the end of next week. Once its done, we will test fit it and then once it passes, we will be making each one and sending them out as they are finished. The process is taking longer than we expected because we added a lower under-portion to the diffuser to make the fins look more in place rather then "tacked-on". Hoping to have pictures for you guys ASAP. Also will be giving either a further discount or little gift to those involved in the GB as a thank-you for the patience.

MCD Motorsports
It would been nice to kept us posted and updated us on it .
Old 03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
looking forward to seeing something worthy of being called a diffuser.

It is true we have been waiting a very long time, but I hope it looks great...
Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
I've been traveling for business and haven't had a chance to comment but good thing you jumped in today Mark as I was getting extremely concerned here. As a favor to the loyals that gave confidence in you, please keep us updated at all times. It doesn't matter what stage it's in. Any update is better than zero update. Some of us purchased multiple ones (including me) and a small courtesy update should be part of your customer service. We should not have to turn to "iamnsxtc" for the updates as this just puts unneeded pressure on him as he does not have the answers. You make fantastic products. We took time and money and took a chance on a product that has been created from scratch and a post here and there easing our curious minds will go a long way.

I've mainly been lurking in the W211 section because that's where a lot of the fun topics happen but lately the only time I'll venture to the CLS section is to see the progress of the diffuser. As long as you follow the same type of contour concept as the C63 version you made, I'll be happy. That version flows seamlessly with the body and that fit and quality needs to be on this final product as well. I think we are all expect nothing less than a similar version to the C63. Thank you for taking on this project for us and we do appreciate it. Keep us updated please. Thanks.

-Chris

For those that haven't seen the MCD C63 rear diffuser. It looks awesome!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by emoving
Even though I did not get in the group buy I am anxiously awaiting the finished product as well.
+1
Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM

mercedes cls63
Originally Posted by cmusngi
I've been traveling for business and haven't had a chance to comment but good thing you jumped in today Mark as I was getting extremely concerned here. As a favor to the loyals that gave confidence in you, please keep us updated at all times. It doesn't matter what stage it's in. Any update is better than zero update. Some of us purchased multiple ones (including me) and a small courtesy update should be part of your customer service. We should not have to turn to "iamnsxtc" for the updates as this just puts unneeded pressure on him as he does not have the answers. You make fantastic products. We took time and money and took a chance on a product that has been created from scratch and a post here and there easing our curious minds will go a long way.

I've mainly been lurking in the W211 section because that's where a lot of the fun topics happen but lately the only time I'll venture to the CLS section is to see the progress of the diffuser. As long as you follow the same type of contour concept as the C63 version you made, I'll be happy. That version flows seamlessly with the body and that fit and quality needs to be on this final product as well. I think we are all expect nothing less than a similar version to the C63. Thank you for taking on this project for us and we do appreciate it. Keep us updated please. Thanks.

-Chris

For those that haven't seen the MCD C63 rear diffuser. It looks awesome!

+1
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 PM

07 CLS 63
Well said Chris. The C63 diffuser from MCD is what sold me for this group buy. Keep us posted Mark and thank you and MCD for developing this product from scratch. Like Chris stated, I will be happy with the C63 type diffuser that fits and flows tightly with the car.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
NSX, CLS63 AMG (030), CBR600.
Sorry, I have been out of touch. Work

I did talk to Mark and I assure you guys that have money down on this that it is NOT a SCAM. This is THE interent I understand and there are many scammerrs are out there. I for one do not want to be confused with being one or accused of it..I have fully commited to get this part completed as I'm sure Mark is. hell I have (4) on the way. (5) if you include the one I have from MHdent. Look his part up and see what 1400(euros) gets you...BTW, that diffuser has not been installed since I want to use the one Mark is building. So, I have it sitting in it's box. The emails I have will get something once I get it.

Mark did contact me about the part and I was just waiting for it to show up. That's all. It is taking longer than expected I know but you guys want it right and he's doing that. As soon as he gets them done..they will go out. I will fit it on my car first and email the pics to the folks who have paid.

The reason why email...is if you have not paid money then I will value your opinion about the layout and design but I will be more concerned about what the people with money on this have to say. After that, if Mark wants to post some up or the other guys, That will be on them. I hope they do. I think it's going to be a nice piece.

Thanks for your patience. It will get done

Charles
Old 03-17-2011, 05:26 PM

CLS/cayenne S/M3 convert
blackc230coupe NOT SURE IF YOU GUY'S ARE THE DEVELOPER FOR THE CL carbon fiber diffuser i saw on cl section of this forum but it works & nice and tight and is exactly what i am looking for, will you guy be venturing into creating one for the CLS? if so I am interested as spring is here looking to freshen up my look
Old 03-17-2011, 06:30 PM

ML63
Any updates on this project?
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by miraclewhip_cls
blackc230coupe NOT SURE IF YOU GUY'S ARE THE DEVELOPER FOR THE CL carbon fiber diffuser i saw on cl section of this forum but it works & nice and tight and is exactly what i am looking for, will you guy be venturing into creating one for the CLS? if so I am interested as spring is here looking to freshen up my look
We do not have anything to do with this CLS part. I am sure if you email MCD they will be glad to help you! The CL55 diffuser you saw, yes, we made that. But I won't discuss that here because I do not want to get this thread off its topic.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
so where do we stand on this project..updates please
Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99 W210 E55
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ulovemybenzo
Old 03-21-2011, 10:01 AM

mercedes cls63
Originally Posted by Zod
+1
Old 03-21-2011, 10:10 AM

Mark emailed me on Friday. He said he was shipped to him. I hopw I should have it to me in a week or so...
Old 03-21-2011, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by iamnsxtc
Mark emailed me on Friday. He said he was shipped to him. I hopw I should have it to me in a week or so...
A week or so......JBspeed ships from China and his stuff takes about 4 days.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:03 AM

mercedes cls63
Originally Posted by Zod
+1
Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by emoving
A week or so......JBspeed ships from China and his stuff takes about 4 days.
I'm giving you what I got ...
Old 03-21-2011, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by iamnsxtc
I'm giving you what I got ...
Im just saying I think you all are being jerked around at this point don't ya think!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 AM

ML63
If this product turns out right I'm sure there are several people that would purchase one. I know I would.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM

mercedes cls63
can you please update us on the project.
thank you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CLS AMG DIffuser