C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

CLS55 AMG ride height question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
CLS55 AMG ride height question

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but am a long time MB owner. My question is about my 2006 CLS55 AMG. I recently took it to the dealership to have rear swaybar bushings replaced and ended up being told that both rear airmatic struts were leaking and needed replacement. It's under extended warranty so no big deal. Once I got it back i noticed that ot sits lower in the rear by an inch than does the front. I personally remember the wheel gap being the same all four corners before. I brought it back in and was told that the height calibration was checked by the foreman and was at the highest allowable/correct parameter. Does anyone here have info on how this compares to their own 55's ride height? Thanks for any info.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:25 PM

2013 Red Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series
Post some pics!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Don't have any on my phone just yet, but will try to get one up soon.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:04 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Does your CLS have a smaller wheel gap in the rear than in the front?
Old 10-12-2012, 01:58 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
I'll get some pic's tomorrow in the daylight, but personally I feel like I'm being lied to. I can't find a single pic in the sticky that shows CLS's sitting lower in the rear. If anyone can chime in with any tech info I would really appreciate it. I'm sure you guys are all in the same boat, but I can't stand when there is something wrong with my car...especially after it's already been to the shop.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM

CLS55 plus a few Ducati's
Have a Renntech lowering module on my 55b and it does seem to sit lower in the rear a little.
Too low in the rear makes these cars look like they are dragging a big fat *** around, to my eye!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:58 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
Well, I attached a pic. Hopefully it worked. Long story short I took it to an independent shop and he was able to see that the car was sitting out of calibrated levels, but could not store the values needed without the Romess (sp) tool that MB has. He wrote up what he found as well as a step by step procedure. I took the info to Mercedes and they took care of it finally. I was told by the service writer that the tech obviously lied about calibrating it since the shop team leader was able to calibrate it and also saw a bunch of old fault codes that were never cleared. I was told that "appropriate action" would be taken. Anyway, only five trips and a few almost four thousand in probable unneeded suspension replacements and my car is back to normal...GO BENZ!
Attached Thumbnails CLS55 AMG ride height question-20121012_115321.jpg  
Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Cayenne S
Originally Posted by Blackcat_Echo
Well, I attached a pic. Hopefully it worked. Long story short I took it to an independent shop and he was able to see that the car was sitting out of calibrated levels, but could not store the values needed without the Romess (sp) tool that MB has. He wrote up what he found as well as a step by step procedure. I took the info to Mercedes and they took care of it finally. I was told by the service writer that the tech obviously lied about calibrating it since the shop team leader was able to calibrate it and also saw a bunch of old fault codes that were never cleared. I was told that "appropriate action" would be taken. Anyway, only five trips and a few almost four thousand in probable unneeded suspension replacements and my car is back to normal...GO BENZ!
Holy crap, you rear looks slammed! , you just saved yourself at least $800 for an ELM... lol!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK550 Cabriolet (Sport)
It looks like they need to be recalibrated. Also, I think your V8 kompressor badge is a little higher on the quarter panel than where it should be. Just noticed,I assume it must have been in an accident that affected the front quarter. I'm a perfectionist so I always tend to notice out of place badges...
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 PM

bmw
I'm sure you guys are all in the same boat, but I can't stand when there is something wrong with my car
Old 10-25-2012, 01:57 AM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
I never noticed the badge location. I know the car was in an accident before I purchased it, but it involved the rear passenger quarter...makes me wonder why the badge would be out of place since there doesn't seem to be any body or paint work done on the drivers side. Anyway, Scott, is there anyway you could post a pic or two of your rear ride height in relation to the front. They finally recalibrated the ride height, but it seems a bit lower than before. That being said, it's possible it was calibrated too high after the accident when I bought it. Thanks for any help.