C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

POLL: How many people think obvious trolls like Gabri343 and M&M should be banned?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by 05C55
I don't care if they lie about BMW's, I have one, I know first hand they are junk. j/k, I've actually had a lot more problems with the mercs.
Yeah, we have one too....wife's car. Most troublesome German car I've ever owned, although not hugely so. It seems to be luck of the draw...some friends have had more trouble with their Bimmers, others with the Benzes...

I'm not going to buy a car based on their rhetoric and I assume you can think for yourself as well.
Obviously; look at my avatar.

Again, if they are bothering the C32/C55 crowd, we'll let the mods know. I for one and happy you come over to chat with us but again I fail to see any real damage or excessive aggravation being inflicted by these few trolls.
Well, I'm certainly not alone in my opinion: there are certainly no shortage of people who *do* want them banned either, as you can see by looking at this thread, and through Gabri343's latest trollfest from earlier today in the E55 forum. In fact, on the first page of the latter thread alone, every response was basically telling him to get lost, other than his own responses that is...same for the second page, and on and on...so I would hardly characterize my view as a lonely voice in the wilderness, so to speak...

And that's why I posted a poll: my point was to find *out* what people think. Your opinion is duly noted, along with the others.

As several of us have mentioned, it does add a bit of drama and God knows this forum is so sedate to begin with it can certainly handle a bit of controversy (trolling and the like) now and again.
Well, again: what I wanted was to hear opinions, and I heard yours and others who don't think they should banned, along with the others who feel they should be banned. Which is, after all, the purpose of a poll, yes? If I knew the answer, I wouldn't have posed the question.

Let it go. Spell your name in a large parking lot with you Michelin Pilots.
Heh...naw, I'm going to bed! Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited by Improviz; 03-16-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by M&M
Say, is quoting times from the most respected magazines in the world considered idiotic. If it is, then we are guilty as charged. Remember there's always 2 sides to a story.
I think id get banned as well If i came onto there posting all my M3 kill videos and then saying "nany nany boo boo, my car is faster then yours.... haha, BMW suck.." Go back to shooting giraffs and feeding ethiopians kid.. no1 wants u here!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Bux
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G
ban them

lock thread

profit

-roozy

Last edited by Bux; 03-16-2005 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:44 AM
M&M

I went through all my posts again today. I have not said a single derogatory remark about MB. Improviz, know you have the time. I challenge you to go through all my posts & quote where I said anything derogatory.

I have merely posted my opinion & in places refuted some claims & backed it up with links. The only wrong I may have done is get personal with Improviz once or twice. He tends to get under one's skin & accuse one of a whole lot of bull which he can't prove.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
I went through all my posts again today. I have not said a single derogatory remark about MB. Improviz, know you have the time. I challenge you to go through all my posts & quote where I said anything derogatory.

I have merely posted my opinion & in places refuted some claims & backed it up with links. The only wrong I may have done is get personal with Improviz once or twice. He tends to get under one's skin & accuse one of a whole lot of bull which he can't prove.
Classic M&M...divert and disseminate disinformation.

As I pointed out when I began this thread: M&M's posting history speaks for itself. No need for me to waste time covering the same ground twice...but if after reading his history anyone agrees with his fanciful claims above, I've got some very nice swamp land in Florida I'd love to sell you.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:57 AM
M&M

Yeah but have I said anything derogatory about MB?
Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M
Yeah but have I said anything derogatory about MB?
You'll have to ask someone who cares enough to have committed all 298 of your posts to memory. There are things which are said explicitly, and those which are said implicitly...and your history is pretty implicitly explicit.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i say pumpkin pie tastes better with peanut butter with a side of pineapple mayo

Bah there are always gonna be some. Personally I think it's gay, but whatever at least there are videos provided. Looking at letters all day, not as fun as watching someone rip in their car.

Although I am dissapointed that on one of the links I clicked the link did not work.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by nasdaqsam
How does that old saying go? Be careful what you wish for you just might get it.

I have been on many forums that eventually go to pot becuase they got rid of all the nay sayers or trouble makers. With out them it's just plain boring. Is this going to become a forum that wants to ban people because of their points of view are different? So whats next? Anybody does not own an MB? Anybody that owns anything other than an MB? Anybody that posts anything but favorable news about MB's, the list goes on. With out these people to argue with half of the posters on here would have nothing to post about.

How many times do you want to hear how wonderful your car is or have to have your purchase validated?

If all you want is a forum of yes men the ban them otherwise let them talk. What do you have to worry about? If what they say can be disputed then do it, if it interests you enough, otherwise you are free to ignor them, as they are you.

If we all could follow this man's post we would be doing great.

Improviz, shame on you for starting this thread. This is the internet. If someone pisses you off, then too bad. get over it. You act like a little child.
grow up now.
Thanks
Stiggs

Old 03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Stiggs
If we all could follow this man's post we would be doing great.

Improviz, shame on you for starting this thread. This is the internet. If someone pisses you off, then too bad. get over it. You act like a little child.
grow up now.
Thanks
Stiggs

OK, so let me get this straight: if people troll, that's OK, but if people complain about it, that's "acting childish"?

I'd say you have a rather odd definition as to what constitutes "childish", because I personally think that for a grown man to troll at least three, possibly more, Internet forums inciting flamefests for over three years is infinitely more childish than complaining about it. if it doesn't bother you, fine, but here's a hint, stiggs: read the responses. Are they unanamous in favor of your opinion? No? So learn to respect others' opinions.

And if you want to take sam's slippery slope argument in the opposite direction, one could just as easily make the case for no moderation at all: if you allow trolling, then why not allow unlimited profanity, or threats, or commercial posts from non-sponsors, or xxx stuff, or... So please, get real: a slippery slope argument hardly constitutes an ironclad case, because it can just as easily be applicable when reversed.

The point is, SINCE we ALREADY have a moderated forum, and these people are CLEARLY here to incite flamefests and nothing more, should they be banned?

If not, why? Because of "freedom of speech"? OK, so then if you're against banning any sort of speech, then why do you subscribe to a moderated forum? Shall we simply abandon moderation altogether?

Give me a break. I'm trying to instigate a serious discussion here, and I don't appreciate a lecture on it. If you have something substantive to contribute, by all means contribute but "what he said" and insults contribute nothing. Otherwise, take your own advice and ignore it.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Improviz

If not, why? Because of "freedom of speech"? OK, so then if you're against banning any sort of speech, then why do you subscribe to a moderated forum? Shall we simply abandon moderation altogether?
If I am reading it right then I take it that you are defending quality of life and the expectation of a reasonable standard. The block function is what I understand to be the means of self-regulating that.

If there is no means of self-regulation then a charter is the only enforcable standard.

Take a look at MBKLASSE ....... its a pig-fest unplugged.

Last edited by miroj; 03-16-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
OK, so let me get this straight: if people troll, that's OK, but if people complain about it, that's "acting childish"?

I'd say you have a rather odd definition as to what constitutes "childish", because I personally think that for a grown man to troll at least three, possibly more, Internet forums inciting flamefests for over three years is infinitely more childish than complaining about it. if it doesn't bother you, fine, but here's a hint, stiggs: read the responses. Are they unanamous in favor of your opinion? No? So learn to respect others' opinions.

And if you want to take sam's slippery slope argument in the opposite direction, one could just as easily make the case for no moderation at all: if you allow trolling, then why not allow unlimited profanity, or threats, or commercial posts from non-sponsors, or xxx stuff, or... So please, get real: a slippery slope argument hardly constitutes an ironclad case, because it can just as easily be applicable when reversed.

The point is, SINCE we ALREADY have a moderated forum, and these people are CLEARLY here to incite flamefests and nothing more, should they be banned?

Give me a break. I'm trying to instigate a serious discussion here, and I don't appreciate a lecture on it. If you have something substantive to contribute, by all means contribute but "what he said" and insults contribute nothing. Otherwise, take your own advice and ignore it.
Dude...I just don't like the fact that when someone gets pissed at someone else here, all they can do is cry BAN.
You are an adult....act like one and ignore that person.
Don't get mad at me because my response is the minority. I **** off people here as much as the next guy. Do I care what you think...uh...NO, of course not. Do I want to hear about you moan and cry about two people you don't like.....NO but I won't cry about you crying. I will ignore your crying.
you have every right to b!tch and complain, and I have every right to not care.
If these people don't get the fuel for their fire then they will fade away.
Stop feeding the flame dude!!!

There is my opinion......just like my @sshole, you can take it or leave it.

No hard feelings towards you.....just think the BAN cry is used way too much here.

Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Dude...I just don't like the fact that when someone gets pissed at someone else here, all they can do is cry BAN.
Well, I get pissed at people who use a "one size fits all" approach to viewing events and insult me in the process. I am not "someone", I have been pissed at lots of people, and trolls are the only people I advocate banning, because they are not here for any reason other than to start mudfights, and they pollute the forum. Discussions are one thing, but incitement is another.

If you would prefer this forum to have the same look as the roadfly M3 forum, then you're on the right track.

The fact is, this forum IS MODERATED. My QUESTION was how OTHERS felt about the LAX ENFORCEMENT against TROLLS. It was not an invitation for you to start hurling insults, but you seem to be determined to hijack the thread, like a typical egomaniac....so be it.

You are an adult....act like one and ignore that person.
Presumably, you are an adult...act like one and stop insulting people like a third grader and hijacking threads.

Don't get mad at me because my response is the minority.
You project a lot. I got mad at you because you're insulting me, not because of your opinion, about which I could care less at this point. And you continue to be insulting. Fine.

I **** off people here as much as the next guy.
In some cases, more...

Do I care what you think...uh...NO, of course not.
Well, that makes us even. And feel free to follow your own advice and add me to your ignore list if you don't like what I have to say.

Do I want to hear about you moan and cry about two people you don't like.....NO but I won't cry about you crying.
So what are you doing now? You're crying about my complaining. Can you say pot/kettle?

I will ignore your crying.
There is one person here crying, and it ain't me....

you have every right to b!tch and complain, and I have every right to not care.
Considering the time you've spent b!tching and complaining about it, it seems that you care--when it's *me* who's complaining, that is.

If these people don't get the fuel for their fire then they will fade away. Stop feeding the flame dude!!!
What are you doing now? You're flaming me for complaining about flamers.

There is my opinion......just like my @sshole, you can take it or leave it.
Wow, how profound...you must be a philosophy major. Before pulling the speck out of my eye, you might have a look at the log in your own.

No hard feelings towards you.....just think the BAN cry is used way too much here.
Not by me, it isn't...and that's your opinion.

Last edited by Improviz; 03-17-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 PM

I would like to, at this point, suggest that you get a life outside of this forum or at the very least move the thread to the CLK55 forum. You my friend are far more annoying than the other two guys you are complaining about.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I do not understand this "please ban them" biz.

If someone wants to make themself look like an idiot, shrink in size and taste their footware - let them be.

None of us are perfect, we are all human, we are all fools .............. to a certain extent.

Coming from former Breznev Soviet Union - I left in summer of 1981, I resent any kind of censorship. I know what it is, I lived it and I still have nightmares about it.

If somebody wants to be a "forum fool" - let them be. There is always a lesson to be learned in every human encounter.

The only line I draw is when it becomes personal. If you are not man enough to say an insult to someones face - than your a** is banned.

Happy Hunting, Gentlemen!
Old 03-17-2005, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I would like to, at this point, suggest that you get a life outside of this forum or at the very least move the thread to the CLK55 forum. You my friend are far more annoying than the other two guys you are complaining about.
This presupposes I give a **** what you think. I don't.

You, while supposedly arguing in favor of "freedom of speech", have repeatedly attempted to stifle mine, and have implied twice now that since I do not own a C55, I should not post here. By this standard, neither Gabri343 nor M&M should post here either, but for some reason I don't see you attacking them...I would submit that it is not the fact I don't own a C55, but rather that I disagree with you, that's the motivation here.

I would further submit that it's pretty moronic of you to defend the freedom of speech of Mercedes-hating trolls while trying to censor a Mercedes enthusiast...but I guess that irony is often lost on self-serving hypocrites.

Why not practice what you preach; remember these? "If they bother you, ignore them. Remeber your the one who clicks on the threads and reads the content, no one is forcing you to participate." "let it go"; "go write your name in the parking lot", etc...funny how when you see something that *you* don't like, it suddenly becomes a case of "do as I say, not as I do".

And oh, my, what a tolerant person you are...let's have a look at some choice examples of your tolerant, patient posting behavior, shall we:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....0&postcount=22
No that anyone else hasn't noticed, but you are an idiot of cosmic proportion. No one really cares about what your father can buy for you, if you have any self worth you would buy yourself a moped and come back in a few years when you can step up and pay for your own car. I for one would be more impressed with a Honda scooter you paid for than anything that your daddy would give you.
Wow, way to ignore 'em, chief! Nice to see your extreme, zen-like tolerance in action there....

And you're also very tolerant of others who disagree with you:
Well, in all honesty, it doesn't take much to outwit a guy like Frank. He can't even use a TOOL let alone outsmart one.
Yup...you are the guru of keeping your cool, and have taught me a lot about keeping my emotions in check.

And your strident support of freedom of speech comes through loud and clear in this gem, after others had opined that your asking price for a set of wheels was, well, a wee bit on the high side:
I will be requesting a mod to delete or lock this thread. My sole intention was to post pics for someone who had asked to see pics via a PM. There are now pics posted in the classifieds. Everyone who has PM'd me has been very civil and I have made it clear that I have no ongoing use for the wheels and will sell them for a fair price. I do think people are not reading the whole post, I do not have a full set, it is only one rear and one front, drivers side.

I have only engaged a few of the posters here for my own amusement, for that I am guilty, but it was funny to me and I don't take any of this stuff seriously. Like I said the PM function is working fine and I'm sure I'll sell them sooner or later.
What a touching display of affection for freedom of speech and against moderation. I take it that you work for the ACLU?

Last edited by Improviz; 03-17-2005 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
I do not understand this "please ban them" biz.

If someone wants to make themself look like an idiot, shrink in size and taste their footware - let them be.

None of us are perfect, we are all human, we are all fools .............. to a certain extent.

Coming from former Breznev Soviet Union - I left in summer of 1981, I resent any kind of censorship. I know what it is, I lived it and I still have nightmares about it.

If somebody wants to be a "forum fool" - let them be. There is always a lesson to be learned in every human encounter.

The only line I draw is when it becomes personal. If you are not man enough to say an insult to someones face - than your a** is banned.

Happy Hunting, Gentlemen!
The point is, though, that this is a moderated forum, which, by its very nature, is censored. For example:

- You cannot post naked photos here.

- You cannot post threats here.

- You cannot do a lot of things here.

It's all fine and good to preach freedom of speech, but the fact is that there are restrictions in place here, as anyone who has read the terms of use can attest.

Some of you are acting as though I am advocating restrictions on discussing BMWs; I am not. I am simply saying that trolls are like cancer cells: if you don't exorcise them, they will multiply.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:19 AM
JeT

The point is, though, that this is a moderated forum, which, by its very nature, is censored. For example:

- You cannot post naked photos here.

- You cannot post threats here.

- You cannot do a lot of things here.

It's all fine and good to preach freedom of speech, but the fact is that there are restrictions in place here, as anyone who has read the terms of use can attest.

Some of you are acting as though I am advocating restrictions on discussing BMWs; I am not. I am simply saying that trolls are like cancer cells: if you don't exorcise them, they will multiply.
If you can establish trolling is an abuse of the terms of use, then the mods may take notice.

My point of view is if you make an big issue of it, they are probably sitting there behind their PC laughing hysterically knowing that they can get to someone so badly. I would think that if everyone simply did not engage them in discussion and did not even acknowledge they are there, then they will go away.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:40 AM

Improviz, I am pointing out that you are an idiot and a troll. No one on the C32/C55 forum cares about these guys but they do seem to be liking you less and less every day. Why don't you take your monumental crybaby thread up with a moderator or better yet get a refill on your lithium and come back and join us when you've regained your sanity.

If you haven't noticed, you are personally flaming everyone and digging up old posts etc... Exactly what I would expect from a troublemaking troll. You have gone far beyond requesting a ban, you are an instigator and are guilty of all the things you claim the others are doing, you have become the cancer.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Wah, wah, wah, whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan, hypocritical , hypocritical , hypocritical , wah, wah, whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan....
Lol, so I shouldn't use your posting history to illustrate how extremely hypocritical your conduct in this thread has been? Whatever, dude..."do as I say, not as I do, and don't point out what I've done" would seem to be your motto...

Yeah, troublemaking troll, that's me...I've been contributing here for nearly three years now, almost two years to the day longer than you...and just because I didn't bow down and accept your stupid opinion, you started trying to censor and flame me...which goes to show that you are not only a monumentally arrogant idiot, but a hypocrite as well. You also seem to believe that you speak for every member of the forum, further exposing your arrogance. But hey, you're already in the hole, so why not keep digging?

And now you've gone from lame debate to lame insults, and frankly, you don't do either very well. It is quite amusing how quickly you discarded your own haughty, sanctimonious preaching and descended into the mud, but I've got more important things to do than roll around in your little intellectual pigpen with you, so I'll just leave you there. You've already done a fantastic job of illustrating your hypocrisy and idiocy; no need for me to help you...

Last edited by Improviz; 03-17-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 AM

All anyone can do at this point is laugh at you. In fact I doubt they have waited this long.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hmm, there you go speaking for the forum again...I hadn't realized that you were elected Chief Spokesman for C55 Owners, nor that mind reading was among your many talents.

But of course, everyone loves you, our great self-professed Protector of the Posting Rights of Trolls (and only the trolls)!!

If they handed out merit badges for stupidity, hypocrisy and arrogance, you'd have a chest full of them...

Last edited by Improviz; 03-17-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
I think it boils down to Improviz has way too much time on his hands and should remember this is only the internet.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Let me first state that I receive A LOT of emails daily requesting to please ban this guy and please ban that guy because he/she is a troll or he/she insulted me. Some requests are very legitimate. But, if a troll is ignored, then the troll goes elsewhere. The fact that some of you get so worked up really amuses me...just ignore them! Eventually, they will go away or we will make them go away. Yes, some things here are moderated, but this does NOT mean EVERYTHING is moderated. The fact that some of you can spend time writing paragraphs of detailed reasoning and logic in rebuttal to these trolls makes me wonder who has more time on their hands. Further, some of the requests I get to ban a member come from individuals who themselves instigate the situation. I read just about every thread that gets emailed to me, and it never ceases to amaze me how often this happens.

The "trolling" problem occurs as a result of the attention the troll is given. In there lies your answer.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos

The "trolling" problem occurs as a result of the attention the troll is given. In there lies your answer.
And my apologies for giving Improvis the time of day and adding to this train wreck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: POLL: How many people think obvious trolls like Gabri343 and M&M should be banned?