Need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Need some help!!!

Hi, I just purchased a 2002 C32 last month and right after i got the car, i replaced the rear tires because they are worn out. But instead of getting the OEM tires(Pzero Rossos), i used Pzero Nero M+S for my rear tires. The problem right now is when i change lane at high speeds(100km/h, or 60MPH) or hit the brakes at that speed, the steering always goes to the side(either left or right), it seems like the the front tires are following the groove on the road. Is it because the 4 tires are different? or the tire pressure on the front is low? or is it normal with this car or tires? I have a BMW 330i and it never has this kind of problem. Can anybody with this kind of experience help me to find the cause? Thank you in advance
Old 04-07-2005, 01:22 PM

02 C32 AMG; 06 Subaru Legacy Wagon
I was thinking of doing the same thing because I do NOT want run the Rossos again...

let me know what happens with this.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:08 PM

I do believe the neros tramline rather well, but it is unusual to here of rear tires tramlining. There may be a grip imbalance that is throwing off your handling/braking bias (oversteer/understeer) if the car gets twitchy when you get on the accelerator or stand on the brakes, it is quite possible the mismatch in grip is throwing the car off balance and out of stability.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Thank you for the reply. So you think it's better to get the same tires for the front and back? and this should solve the problem i have right now?
Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 AM

2006 SLK55 AMG/// 2006 Porsche CaymanS 2010 135i
Originally Posted by crystal_ice
Thank you for the reply. So you think it's better to get the same tires for the front and back? and this should solve the problem i have right now?
I previously owned a 2002C32 and put on P-Zero Nero M+S at all 4 corners without any trammeling at all. I currently have a C55 with Rosso's all the way around and I notice slight trammeling on roads with rain grooves. If the balancing/alignment of the tires is good and this happens consitently it's probably the tire combination.

Personally I thought the P -Zero M+S were a really nice quiet all season tire, not the best dry handling, but a great mix for bad conditions. I would buy the other two M+S's as soon as you can.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Banned

its the different tires.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Hi, Marktini, thanks for the info, so you live in Chicago? how does the Nero M+S handle during the winter when there is snow? cos I live in Toronto, and we have snow for half of the year, are those tires good during the winter? or do I have to get a set of winter tires as well? thanks again
Old 04-08-2005, 11:38 AM

2001 C240 Tectite
Originally Posted by crystal_ice
Hi, Marktini, thanks for the info, so you live in Chicago? how does the Nero M+S handle during the winter when there is snow? cos I live in Toronto, and we have snow for half of the year, are those tires good during the winter? or do I have to get a set of winter tires as well? thanks again
No

Get the best winter wheels you can find. thrust me on this

I'm running Yokohamas AVS901 and have a hard time going up icy/snowy hills with a c240. I can hardly imagine how a C32 would fare, especially with M+S tires... gets yorself some good performance summer wheels and a set of winter shoes
Old 04-09-2005, 09:28 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
I talked to the guy at Pirelli head office in Canada yesterday, he said my problem could be 4 wheel allignment, since the car hasn't done 4 wheel allignment yet at
around 20k miles(or 32k kms). I am just wondering when do you guys do your first 4 wheel allignment on the car? and how long is the subsquent interval between each 4 wheel allignment inspection?