Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
This is sad...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:51 PM

history again repeats itself. There has been 2 forum wars (world wars) in the past. Maybe it will happen again? :v
Old 06-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This isn't a forum war, much less a war. It was probably a mistake, I think Neal just whines too much
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
i emailed them. already got nothing!!!!! i wanna know who deleted it and didnt even take time to PM me a reason why this was deleted???
I see that you sent an email to webmaster late last night. I would not have read it until later today. Please understand we try to check email as often as possible, but sometimes it may take 24 hours. Not sure what your expectations were, but allow us at least 24 hours to respond before you make comments like "already got nothing!!!!!".

The thread was deleted by one of the moderators. We understand that there is much interest in group buys and are working on something to address this issue. You have to understand that it's a sensitive issue as we want to make sure we make it a win-win for both our community members and our sponsors. It's not that we don't want you guys/gals to take advantage of group buys (on the contrary, that's one of the things a community should support), but we want to make sure we do it in a way that also allows our paying sponsors (the folks that keep this site running) the opportunity to assist when at all possible. So, until that happens, Group Buys are treated as commercial posts - you've been around enough to know that without the need for a moderator to send you an email specifying that. But, I don't disagree that some communication is warranted. I have just as much reason to believe your post is commercial, as as I have reason to believe it isn't. So, we're not going to get into whether it is or isn't (again, the reason why we are working on a policy to address this).

Group Buys that are not authorized or approved will get removed. You are not being singled out...we have no reason to. I'm sure you can find there are some that slip through the cracks, though some may have been pre-authorized. Again, this may happen from time to time, and you can feel free to report that to a moderator or myself to address if need be.

So please be patient while we draw up procedures for addressing this very issue. In the interim, email me at webmaster@mbworld.org if you have a Group Buy in mind with the details. In fact, I believe one of our bright members even suggested that earlier in this post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I see that you sent an email to webmaster late last night. I would not have read it until later today. Please understand we try to check email as often as possible, but sometimes it may take 24 hours. Not sure what your expectations were, but allow us at least 24 hours to respond before you make comments like "already got nothing!!!!!".

The thread was deleted by one of the moderators. We understand that there is much interest in group buys and are working on something to address this issue. You have to understand that it's a sensitive issue as we want to make sure we make it a win-win for both our community members and our sponsors. It's not that we don't want you guys/gals to take advantage of group buys (on the contrary, that's one of the things a community should support), but we want to make sure we do it in a way that also allows our paying sponsors (the folks that keep this site running) the opportunity to assist when at all possible. So, until that happens, Group Buys are treated as commercial posts - you've been around enough to know that without the need for a moderator to send you an email specifying that. But, I don't disagree that some communication is warranted. I have just as much reason to believe your post is commercial, as as I have reason to believe it isn't. So, we're not going to get into whether it is or isn't (again, the reason why we are working on a policy to address this).

Group Buys that are not authorized or approved will get removed. You are not being singled out...we have no reason to. I'm sure you can find there are some that slip through the cracks, though some may have been pre-authorized. Again, this may happen from time to time, and you can feel free to report that to a moderator or myself to address if need be.

So please be patient while we draw up procedures for addressing this very issue. In the interim, email me at webmaster@mbworld.org if you have a Group Buy in mind with the details. In fact, I believe one of our bright members even suggested that earlier in this post
Simon,

I have no idea when you check email nor if it was read and not replied to. Of course it would have been nice to get a reply within 1 minute from when I sent it. Which was just about the duration my thread was up before being deleted. Please put yourself in my position for a minute so maybe you can understand where I am coming from. I made a thread about a group buy, I never saw anything against group buys in the TOS. I also have seen many group buys going on in this forum that have not been deleted. I can personally find about 3-5 recent ones that are still going and have not been deleted. In fact, I never saw any group buy get deleted before mine. So I made a thread, I see it gone within 1 minute. Now I didn't know if it was a glitch or not, But since I have seen many group buys going on, I never thought it would be a problem. I think it would have only been respectful for the moderator that deleted it to either PM or email me telling me I have violated the TOS and with a good explanation. Or forget the explanation, just telling me it was closed because I violated the TOS. I don't think its right to just be left in the dark wondering if I did something wrong or if there was some sort of problem with the database? Don't you agree with me? If you got pulled over by a Police and you have no idea what you did wrong, would you like for the cop to just put you in handcuffs and not tell you what you did wrong? It would have been very simple for the moderator to at least PM or email me instead of rushing to delete it like it was a threat to someone.

About me being around long enough to not need a moderator PM me? Like I said above, its kinda difficult to not know you did something wrong but be treated as if you did know. So I think it would be a good idea for the moderators to at least PM the person out of respect.

I find it hard to believe that all the current group buys going on still are and mine was deleted. I think you need to have the C32 forum moderators moderate all the other forums since they wont let all the other current group buys continue. Let me tell you, these mods are QUICK!

No where did I see or read that a group buy needs to be authorized. So I think that should be made more clear. I understand that you believe that a group buy may be considered a commercial post. But from all the regular members out there starting "group buy on Renntech exhaust" for example is just not right for moderators to use their own judgment to think if its commercial or not. You guys have no idea if a regular member is affiliated in anyway with a company. And even if their not, it still does not make sense even if they are a regular member starting a group buy for a company that they have nothing to do with, since that company will still be making a profit off this (unless its free of course). Its not right to pick and chose who is the one that is allowed to announce it. I agree then all group buys should not be allowed if that's the case. It also needs to be made more clear to members. People did not even learn from mine since it was closed right away and no one knew it ever existed.

This was not a "forum war" like someone mentioned above. In fact far from it. I have all the respect in the world for MBworld. No doubt about it that its the best Mercedes forum out there, which is why I have so many posts here. I also have respect for you Simon, I have spoke to you over the phone a few times if you remember it or not and you were a nice guy. But if you are going to enforce rules, I think its only right for you to inform the members about it. Remember the TOS was read only once and members, and members like myself that have been around for many years have no idea if it was changed or not. All I would ask is for it to be brought to all the members attention if rules are added or changed so stuff like this can be eliminated.

Btw, I would not consider BrabusW203 "bright", a member that has been banned from just about every forum you can think of is far from "bright."
Old 06-08-2005, 02:50 PM

This blows. Bring back the group buy!
Old 06-08-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Simon,
Btw, I would not consider BrabusW203 "bright", a member that has been banned from just about every forum you can think of is far from "bright."
Bright enough not to start nonsense with the mods here, and bright enough to distinguish truths from bs/lies and share the truths regardless of how abrasive or hurtful. Pple don't seem to want to face the truths these days, and take it as a personal attack, like yourself and terry and the whole lot.

Don't know why you would want to involve me in your pissfest against mbworld, Neal...very low blow, don't expect me to stoop down to your level and retaliate on this one. All I did was give a sound, rationale suggestion to help; un-endorsed or cohersed by mbworld or its mods mind you.

If you spat on me or spoke more abusively directly at me, then well, that's a whole other ****storm altogether.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by BrabusW203
Bright enough not to start nonsense with the mods here, and bright enough to distinguish truths from bs/lies and share the truths regardless of how abrasive or hurtful. Pple don't seem to want to face the truths these days, and take it as a personal attack, like yourself and terry and the whole lot.

Don't know why you would want to involve me in your pissfest against mbworld, Neal...very low blow, don't expect me to stoop down to your level and retaliate on this one. All I did was give a sound, rationale suggestion to help; un-endorsed or cohersed by mbworld or its mods mind you.

If you spat on me or spoke more abusively directly at me, then well, that's a whole other ****storm altogether.
k
Old 06-08-2005, 05:31 PM

I think the point is here that noone else is doing this, noone else thought of this but me, and I am getting nothing out of this other than a reduced price, but certainly no profit. I am the one "getting screwed" here. If your sponsors had a competing group buy before this one, then that might be something, but they don't, so it shouldn't matter because we are not competing for anything with your sponsors. No competition should equal no problem in my book. I understand your need to defend your sponsors but if I had tried to get a group buy on a different non-competing product, like boxes of gummy bears, I don't think this would have happened, yet it is the same action in essence. Hope this convinces you in a more eloquent manner than my last post.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:13 PM

Arrow Hey!

Originally Posted by rguy
This blows. Bring back the group buy!
"wooord!"
Old 06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
I think the point is here that noone else is doing this, noone else thought of this but me, and I am getting nothing out of this other than a reduced price, but certainly no profit. I am the one "getting screwed" here. If your sponsors had a competing group buy before this one, then that might be something, but they don't, so it shouldn't matter because we are not competing for anything with your sponsors. No competition should equal no problem in my book. I understand your need to defend your sponsors but if I had tried to get a group buy on a different non-competing product, like boxes of gummy bears, I don't think this would have happened, yet it is the same action in essence. Hope this convinces you in a more eloquent manner than my last post.
Yes, your last post was not really worth replying to. But, I'm not going to repeat what I said before because it would be redundant. While I hear what you are saying, I'm asking you to think BIG PICTURE, not just the fact that "you are getting screwed" because you are unable to take advantage of the forums right now. I need to do what's in the best interest of the community and the forums right now, not what's in your best interest (no offense). Whether you get something out of it or not is not the basis of the decision here.

Oh, what the heck, for effect if nothing else, we are working on resolving this issue as I don't want to try to figure out right now what's commercial and what's not. There's really no need to draw this out any longer. You will soon have a way to have Group Buys.

By the way, if you're serious about the gummy bear group buy, I'm in!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
mmmmmmm gummy bears
Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 PM

What I was saying was the group buy was my idea. BlackC320Coupe just knew how to get it done. My point was that if I can not profit on this one, then I think the sponsors can sit a round out. I am glad you have decided to allow group buys, but if you wait too long then this one will get cold and we won't be able to get it done.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Anyway, anyone know of someone who does professional work, but doesn't want to screw you? I have heard like 5 grand, when you can get one for a M3 for like 800-1200 and a civic for like 200. Obviously there are economies of scale here, but maybe someone would be interested in making a mold and doing a group buy? Just putting ideas out there.
So let me know if you have any ideas or you have any leads.
Check out this thread

...and this

Last edited by c43amg; 06-09-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the lead, hopefully we won't have to resort to circumventing the board. I think that would be a tragedy for the board and a loss for our community.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the lead, hopefully we won't have to resort to circumventing the board. I think that would be a tragedy for the board and a loss for our community.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:30 PM

on hold, but not forgotten, killed by capitalism, long live the c55 c/f hood group buy. The last chance for awhile at a truly oem quality or better hood replacement with stock hardware.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Any developments or news on this CLK / C55 CF Hood? I need one desperately... I dented my today.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Any developments or news on this CLK / C55 CF Hood? I need one desperately... I dented my today.
we got this in the works, we will offer it in possibly 2 weeks when we sponsor the borad again.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
The CF hood group buy has been started. For those that didnt see the thread posted earlier here is a link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/114863-group-buy-carbon-fiber-hoods-c55.html