C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

This will go a few pages??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55
This will go a few pages??

What do you experts feel is the best all around(price,reliablity,driveability,power gain) supercharger kit for the C55?? I know this will spur many debates. The kleeman sounds insane.Everyone says the power gains are overated.The renntech boasts lower gains but accurate?? Lets put this baby to bed.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Search the boards here....Kleemann hands down. Ive been around here for a while....I dont know of many that have said it is overrated, its far from that...you will actually find more published data on the Kleemann here then the Renntech. If you are serious about buying one, call Brandon or Cory at Kleemann USA or Bob Brady at Renntech and ask for dyno figures. Bang for the buck Kleemann smokes the Renntech. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Search the boards here....Kleemann hands down. Ive been around here for a while....I dont know of many that have said it is overrated, its far from that...you will actually find more published data on the Kleemann here then the Renntech. If you are serious about buying one, call Brandon or Cory at Kleemann USA or Bob Brady at Renntech and ask for dyno figures. Bang for the buck Kleemann smokes the Renntech. Good luck.
I second that. Couldn't have said it better myself. At the present time, I cannot comment on the power being that my car is at Kleemann USA as we speak, but I can attest to thier customer service, knowledge, and willigness to share that knowledge. I am a very skeptical person and not once did I ever second guess my decision to send my car to them. They have made me feel 110% comfortable. More to follow...

Here is some of the published data that E55JAY was referring to: http://www.kleemann.dk/site/Main/dow...atthepresssaid

Last edited by dragonAMG; 07-28-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:45 PM

06 CLS55
Kleeman

I like the stats from the kleeman,est3.8 0-60.Thats supercar speed. The cost is like $17k I beleive.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by GC55
What do you experts feel is the best all around(price,reliablity,driveability,power gain) supercharger kit for the C55?? I know this will spur many debates. The kleeman sounds insane.Everyone says the power gains are overated.The renntech boasts lower gains but accurate?? Lets put this baby to bed.

I was waiting for all the comments...

I'll go head to head with a Kleemann C55!
Also as long as I've been on the board I have not seen anyone with a C55 S/C from Kleemann give any personal comments (say six months into it) Aside from Dragon who has not got his back yet. Unless I missed a thread...
I've only had my new S/C for a couple of weeks and I've been out of town for most of the time... And let's not forget the warranty - which Renntech will cover for the remainder of the MB warranty.

But that's just me.
BennyZ
Old 07-28-2005, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Probably because the C55 is such a new car...but here are more people on this board with 55's running Kleemanns then the Renntech setup ie the W210 E55, W208 and W208 CLK 55's, and not to mention the few 430's and even a couple of 320's so if you do some searching, you will find some feedback on Kleemanns reputation and products. Iam not knocking your setup at all Benny, its quite nice.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Probably because the C55 is such a new car...but here are more people on this board with 55's running Kleemanns then the Renntech setup ie the W210 E55, W208 and W208 CLK 55's, and not to mention the few 430's and even a couple of 320's so if you do some searching, you will find some feedback on Kleemanns reputation and products. Iam not knocking your setup at all Benny, its quite nice.
Jay,
what makes this board so much fun is that a lot of us here have our own setups. Everyone on this board has their own taste.
It's all about how you feel. I also think that location is important. If you live in FL you'll probably go Renntech, West coast probably kleemann.
I was just very comfortable with the people who installed the product and when I've had problems (it's the first Renntech C55 with my setup) they have always taken care of me.
That I think is more important than the brand of the aftermarket parts! Kleemann or Renntech - with the right setup can be a real nice mod on any benz.
If you go to great extend with your mods cost is really not an issue. Both setups are expensive.

BennyZ

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
if renntech was the same price as kleemann, trust me, more people would be saying renntech due to their long term awesome rep!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
My centrifugal system is going on Monday at House of Power (www.hopracing.com). They're simultaneously installing one on an S55 (pre-kompressor). I'll post dyno's of the system on the 55 motor when it's done, but on the 4.3L motor, the system gained 150 rwhp.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1996 C36 AMG, 1995 Volvo 850 Turbowagon
10, 15 years ago... have heard really good things about renntech (of course, this dude used to work at amg) and brabus. kleemann has been new to me, but they do excellent work.

37k will net u 530hp@5800 & 548lb-ft@2400-5000 from renntech

kleeman gives u 560hp/718lb-ft

brabus 445 hp
Old 07-29-2005, 11:46 AM

My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Anyone wanna try HPS supercharger?
they are offering a discounted price of 6750 bucks if you let them install it into our C55s..

sounded like a good deal!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:51 AM

bike
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Anyone wanna try HPS supercharger?
they are offering a discounted price of 6750 bucks if you let them install it into our C55s..

sounded like a good deal!
$6750! Do you guys take your car to the tracks or just regular use?
Cuz I doubt you can use all that good performance on the streets.

Last edited by skahung; 07-29-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BennyZ
I was waiting for all the comments...

I'll go head to head with a Kleemann C55!
Also as long as I've been on the board I have not seen anyone with a C55 S/C from Kleemann give any personal comments (say six months into it) Aside from Dragon who has not got his back yet. Unless I missed a thread...
I've only had my new S/C for a couple of weeks and I've been out of town for most of the time... And let's not forget the warranty - which Renntech will cover for the remainder of the MB warranty.

But that's just me.
BennyZ
Are you ever coming down to Vegas? I'd like to take you up on that offer of going head to head. That would be awesome!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
[QUOTE=BennyZ]Jay,
what makes this board so much fun is that a lot of us here have our own setups. Everyone on this board has their own taste.
It's all about how you feel. I also think that location is important. If you live in FL you'll probably go Renntech, West coast probably kleemann.
I was just very comfortable with the people who installed the product and when I've had problems (it's the first Renntech C55 with my setup) they have always taken care of me.
That I think is more important than the brand of the aftermarket parts! Kleemann or Renntech - with the right setup can be a real nice mod on any benz.
If you go to great extend with your mods cost is really not an issue. Both setups are expensive.

BennyZ[/QUOTE Very good "Points" hopefully I'll have my c55 soon
Old 08-03-2005, 07:52 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Are you ever coming down to Vegas? I'd like to take you up on that offer of going head to head. That would be awesome!
I will be there at the end of this month. How's the car? Are you excited? bet you can"t even sleep at night! It will be worse once you get it. You just find yourself taking drives at like 2:00 am.

I'm having traction issues. I've increased the NOS to 100 shot and the new S/C is producing 20% more power. (I think I need to flare out the rear and put some 19X11 with some 295 or 305 rear tires. That would be awesome)

I'll keep you posted.

BennyZ
Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BennyZ
I will be there at the end of this month. How's the car? Are you excited? bet you can"t even sleep at night! It will be worse once you get it. You just find yourself taking drives at like 2:00 am.

I'm having traction issues. I've increased the NOS to 100 shot and the new S/C is producing 20% more power. (I think I need to flare out the rear and put some 19X11 with some 295 or 305 rear tires. That would be awesome)

I'll keep you posted.

BennyZ
Cool... we'll have to meet up and compare cars. The car is practically done with the exception of the LSD and tuning. Check out the pics I posted under the "old-*** - Going to Kleemann-ize my C55" thread. I fly out to Colorado next Thursday 8/11 and drive back that very same day.

You need an LSD... lol. BTW - where are your pics... post them bad boys.

To be honest with you, I can't believe you haven't blown your engine... I guess AMG builds these with some strong internals. With 11:1 compression, s/c and nos... OH boy... damn these engines are strong.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:46 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
Cool... we'll have to meet up and compare cars. The car is practically done with the exception of the LSD and tuning. Check out the pics I posted under the "old-*** - Going to Kleemann-ize my C55" thread. I fly out to Colorado next Thursday 8/11 and drive back that very same day.

You need an LSD... lol. BTW - where are your pics... post them bad boys.

To be honest with you, I can't believe you haven't blown your engine... I guess AMG builds these with some strong internals. With 11:1 compression, s/c and nos... OH boy... damn these engines are strong.
The NOS is only there for the special cars. GT2's, Blown Z06, twin turbos, and that's about it.
I have only had the pleasure of using it once under the new configuration.
With this new blower I really am scared to drive this thing fast. (Just you wait and see when you get yours back)
I get my car back tomorrow night. We had to raise the back suspension a bit - it was rubbing in the rear so we had to set it back up 1/4 inch.

I will post the pictures tomorrow night (I hope)
BennyZ