A Pillar w/boost and nos gauges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNTtech C55
A Pillar w/boost and nos gauges

Fellas,

Here is a pic of the A pillar for my C55.

I will have more pictures at the end of this week.

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What are you making them out of? How did you get the same material for your A-Pillar and the stuff around the gauges?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM

c_klasse
wow very nicely done
Old 08-08-2005, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
They look like really quality pieces...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:44 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
What are you making them out of? How did you get the same material for your A-Pillar and the stuff around the gauges?
Custom made by Meridian. What have I been telling you guys...
They do great work!
They ordered a new A pillar, found the same fabric, and custom made the pillar. Custom fabricated the whole thing. One fo a kind!

How many Benz out there have gauges on the A pillar?

It looks even better in person. And I can't wait to get it in - should be a couple of days.

I will email you pictures.

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks!
Once I get the pictures, do you mind if I optimize them and post them online?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:54 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Thanks!
Once I get the pictures, do you mind if I optimize them and post them online?
Be My Guest!

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks!

I await the pictures then.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine Bay Pics pls!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Engine Bay Pics pls!
James,
I know you are waiting for the pics of the engine bay. It looks the same as any other Benz. Renntech C class and SLK class do not get the fancy carbon hood that you would expect. Once you put the s/c and intercooler on there is no room. It won't fit.

Renntech is actually in the process of trying to make one for my car (it is for looks only)
I will take off the airbox and take a couple of pictures and post them at the end of this week.

I sure hope they can fit the carbon box cause it looks great! I'll keep you posted at the end of this week.

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks again Benny!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:55 PM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
Very nice Benny!! Looks awesome.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 PM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by BennyZ
James,
I will take off the airbox and take a couple of pictures and post them at the end of this week.
BennyZ
Does the stock airbox still fit on top of the engine with the supercharger? If it does do they modify it in any way or do they stick the supercharger some where else in the engine bay?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:48 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Does the stock airbox still fit on top of the engine with the supercharger? If it does do they modify it in any way or do they stick the supercharger some where else in the engine bay?
As a matter of fact it doesn't fit. That has been part of the problem. (Air mass meter problem) The s/c sits right on top of the engine bay.
Hartmut and Ken came down today to Meridian. They worked on the car for a while.
They are going back to Florida tomorrow and they are going to custom build an airbox for my car. (they will simply modify one of the carbon air boxes)

I will let everyone know what the status is next week. (With new airbox and headers)

I sure hope this take care of the problem. Great Support from Renntech!

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
nice clean install man... your the only other W203 i know with guages... our cars are starting to become very similar in a different way....

Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 PM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
nice clean install man... your the only other W203 i know with guages... our cars are starting to become very similar in a different way....

Thanks! We have to get the two cars together!

I just hope that Hartmut can figure out a way to get the air box issues resolved. They seem to have the same issue in the SLK55. There just isn't enough room!
I'll keep you posted next week. All the parts are due in early next week.

BennyZ
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Thanks! We have to get the two cars together!

I just hope that Hartmut can figure out a way to get the air box issues resolved. They seem to have the same issue in the SLK55. There just isn't enough room!
I'll keep you posted next week. All the parts are due in early next week.

BennyZ
yea, RENNTech uses a larger housing supercharger then Kleeman, the supercharger is more efficient and doesnt need to be boosting as much to generate more power... it also runs cooler then the Kleeman charger!!! Dont worry Hartmut will resolve teh airbox issues soon, Im actually going to call him up tomorrow and schedule an appointment to finally start the R&D on my C32!!

oh btw, heres where I put my gauges...

...i have both rich/lean and boost gauges!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
As a matter of fact it doesn't fit. That has been part of the problem. (Air mass meter problem) The s/c sits right on top of the engine bay.
Hartmut and Ken came down today to Meridian. They worked on the car for a while.
They are going back to Florida tomorrow and they are going to custom build an airbox for my car. (they will simply modify one of the carbon air boxes)

I will let everyone know what the status is next week. (With new airbox and headers)

I sure hope this take care of the problem. Great Support from Renntech!

BennyZ
For as much as you paid for this setup, you shouldn't have any problems. I'd be pissed if I were you.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:46 AM

RENNTtech C55
Originally Posted by dragonAMG
For as much as you paid for this setup, you shouldn't have any problems. I'd be pissed if I were you.
Dragon,

Had I read your email without doing any mods, I'd be pissed. Let's wait and see how things turn out for you. Remember, every car is different. Every engine here is hand built and is a little different.
I don't mind all these issues early on. I would rather deal with this early on and fix all the bugs.
With this kinda setup, I was sure things will need to be adjusted here and there.
If I were you, I'd get used to this. Don't think it is all going to be perfect!
Don't get me wrong. I hope it is all perfect for you always.
I've just been down this road before with a few other cars...M3, Porsche, all needed to be fine tuned before they ran like beasts.
RENNTECH IS AWESOME!

BennyZ
Old 08-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Hell yes they are. They have like everything for everything.
I wish they made stuff for BMW as well
Old 08-09-2005, 12:49 AM

RENNTtech C55
yea, RENNTech uses a larger housing supercharger then Kleeman, the supercharger is more efficient and doesnt need to be boosting as much to generate more power... it also runs cooler then the Kleeman charger!!! Dont worry Hartmut will resolve teh airbox issues soon, Im actually going to call him up tomorrow and schedule an appointment to finally start the R&D on my C32!!

oh btw, heres where I put my gauges...

...i have both rich/lean and boost gauges!!!
Benzo,
do you have mechanical or electrical gauges?
I met Hartmut and Ken today for the first time. He opened the hood and went right to work. He sure knows his stuff! I'm sure everything will be fine.
BennyZ
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Benzo,
do you have mechanical or electrical gauges?
I met Hartmut and Ken today for the first time. He opened the hood and went right to work. He sure knows his stuff! I'm sure everything will be fine.
BennyZ
I have a mechanical boost gauge... i had to tap a little vacuum line into one of the hoses that lead to my intake manifold. My rich/lean gauge is hooked to my 02 sensor but i had to disconnect it now b/c it kept tripping off a check engine light for my 02 sensor. Now I have to find a replacement gauge...oh well!! I'll probably get an EGT or intake temp gauge to replace the rich/lean gauge. I had got the rich lean gauge originally mostly b/c everytime girls would sit in teh car they would ask about it and think it was cute :v !!!! Well, im sure hartmut will get right to work and get all the issues resolved. Im going to call him up tomorrow, though if hes in L.A. I dont know when he will be back into town. I'll find out!!! Anyways, we really need to get both our cars together be4 we sell them...lol, it would be SO SICK!!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 AM

RENNTtech C55
I have a mechanical boost gauge... i had to tap a little vacuum line into one of the hoses that lead to my intake manifold. My rich/lean gauge is hooked to my 02 sensor but i had to disconnect it now b/c it kept tripping off a check engine light for my 02 sensor. Now I have to find a replacement gauge...oh well!! I'll probably get an EGT or intake temp gauge to replace the rich/lean gauge. I had got the rich lean gauge originally mostly b/c everytime girls would sit in teh car they would ask about it and think it was cute :v !!!! Well, im sure hartmut will get right to work and get all the issues resolved. Im going to call him up tomorrow, though if hes in L.A. I dont know when he will be back into town. I'll find out!!! Anyways, we really need to get both our cars together be4 we sell them...lol, it would be SO SICK!!
That's Funny.
I've had my car for one year now and it has been in the shop for 3 of the last 4 months. getting worked on I must be crazy
The A pillar shown has both boost and nos mechanical gauges; however meridian suggested not to tap into the intake so we are replacing both gauges with electronic gauges. I'm not a big supporter of drilling into anything unless you have to! Especialy the intake, s/c, etc...
Hartmut will be back in town tomorrow night.
I wanted the gauges on the A pillar cause I wanted to be the first Benz with gauges on the A pillar. I didn't want to bit your style. Ashtray was my first choice. But I had to give the c32 from Florida props for that!
Once the car is done, I know that Meridian is planing a track day. Fun, Fun, Fun! I'll keep you posted, see if you can make the trip!

BennyZ
Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
That's Funny.
I've had my car for one year now and it has been in the shop for 3 of the last 4 months. getting worked on I must be crazy
The A pillar shown has both boost and nos mechanical gauges; however meridian suggested not to tap into the intake so we are replacing both gauges with electronic gauges. I'm not a big supporter of drilling into anything unless you have to! Especialy the intake, s/c, etc...
Hartmut will be back in town tomorrow night.
I wanted the gauges on the A pillar cause I wanted to be the first Benz with gauges on the A pillar. I didn't want to bit your style. Ashtray was my first choice. But I had to give the c32 from Florida props for that!
Once the car is done, I know that Meridian is planing a track day. Fun, Fun, Fun! I'll keep you posted, see if you can make the trip!

BennyZ
definately man... let me know!!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Awesome! That's exactly where I'm mounting mine

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Pillar w/boost and nos gauges