C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C55 1 - Cat 0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
Unhappy C55 1 - Cat 0

Ok. So Tuesday I am driving back from an extended weekend at the beach. I was doing a little offshore fishing. I was doing about 75 on a rural 2 lane road, one lane each direction. All of a sudden a see a cat run out into the road from my right. Next thing I hear is a large thump on the left front. I look in the rear view mirror and expect to see a mangled cat laying in the road. Instead I see the cat doing 360's in mid air spinning into the other lane. I also see something flying in mid air next to the cat. I think to myself "what the hell is that? Did I knock a limb off? Did something come off my car?" I did not realize how low the front of the C55 is. Damn cat could not even fit under it.

So I pull over to the side of the road and inspect my car for damage. Sure enough the side marker popped out and the mesh cover around the fog light was gone. I get back in my car and drive back to the scene of the crime. I pull over and recover my mesh cover for the fog light. I also noticed that the cat was still alive. As I am trying to put the piece back on the car I notice a lady come out from a house on the side of the road. I asked her if that was her cat and she said it was her daughters. I tell her I am extremely sorry and that there was nothing I could do to avoid it. She reassures me that it is ok and the cat should not of been outside. She takes the cat and puts it on her porch. I return to putting the mesh cover back on my car when I hear he knocking on her door and saying "Honey, come outside but I do not want you to cry. It's OK honey, just come out." At this point I slam the cover into place get in my car and proceed to haul *** out of there. That was one scene I did not need!!

As I am driving away I hear a horrible scraping noise. I pull over again and the plastic cover on the underside of the car is lose and catching air pushing it back into the front drivers side tire as I drive. I pulled out some pliers and removed it. When I got back home I immediately go to the dealership body shop to make sure nothing is out of whack. Nothing appears to be. I have to buy a new plastic underside cover thingy and a new mesh cover for the fog light.

I feel bad that the cat decided to commit suicide but there was nothing I could do. I guess I should be happy that it was not a deer.

Mez

Last edited by mez456; 08-27-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
ouch....better keep this on the DL you dont want the ASPCA to find out, lol jk.

Out back in central jersey i accidentally hit some critters during the wee hours of the morning. 2 chipmonks, a squirel, and a possum. luckily no body damage and no one really cares for those pesky little animals. its good that the damage was minimal though.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm calling PETA.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Should've zapped it with the battery cables. I saw this done in a Stephen King movie, and they come right back to life.

At the very least you could've given it a little CPR. I assume that it would not have been the first time that your mouth was on a hairy poooosssy (I was going to put "bloody" in there too, but that was just too gross).
Old 08-27-2005, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Thanks for the detaile story I enjoyed reading it .
Not quite like cats in my country though :p

Last edited by cntlaw; 08-27-2005 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:10 AM

05 C55, BMWX 3.0, Subaru Forester (Shaggin Wagon)
ok. you guys.......are not well
Old 08-27-2005, 08:08 AM

'05 C55 Black/Black Lighting, Premium, NAV
Originally Posted by Vomit
Should've zapped it with the battery cables. I saw this done in a Stephen King movie, and they come right back to life.

At the very least you could've given it a little CPR. I assume that it would not have been the first time that your mouth was on a hairy poooosssy (I was going to put "bloody" in there too, but that was just too gross).
LOL!!

Old 08-27-2005, 12:19 PM

2008 . RX 350.

hehe....
Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS

but trying to defibrillate the cat while it's still half alive would have stopped the heartbeat and killed it for sure. I have to agree, his swift getaway was the best bet..