cousin just installed supersprint headers for his C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars and boats!
cousin just installed supersprint headers for his C32

I finally got to drive my cousins C32... its got RENNTech ECU, RENNTech Pulley Kit, SL55 splitter, and now Supersprint headers!!! After driving my C32 and then driving his with the same mods as mine + headers i can conclude that with headers, the top end pull on the car is amazing!!! Power is everywhere through the midrange!!! Its not too much louder niether! Highly recommended mod... I think I am going to get a set myself soon.

My cousin purchased them from Neal from Euroteck Motorsports. Next up, my cousin is installing the Eisenmann Exhaust, which is sitting in Neal's office waiting to be picked up as we speak.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by BenzoAMGpower
I finally got to drive my cousins C32... its got RENNTech ECU, RENNTech Pulley Kit, SL55 splitter, and now Supersprint headers!!! After driving my C32 and then driving his with the same mods as mine + headers i can conclude that with headers, the top end pull on the car is amazing!!! Power is everywhere through the midrange!!! Its not too much louder niether! Highly recommended mod... I think I am going to get a set myself soon.

My cousin purchased them from Neal from Euroteck Motorsports. Next up, my cousin is installing the Eisenmann Exhaust, which is sitting in Neal's office waiting to be picked up as we speak.
Please get a video with decent sound of this thing after the exhaust is installed...please.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:49 PM

'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG

awesome, your cousin's c32 and your c32 must be very very fast. i wish i had money to do headers anyway, you'll like the sound of eisenmann at redline. you're getting the race right? completely changes tone of c32 when you get close to redline
Old 11-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

Glad he likes them! told u that u would feel a difference. I will put a set on lay-a-way for u! :p
Old 11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Nice!! How much did this upgrade set your cousin back (parts + labor)? How long did the install take?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Picture of Supersprint headers

Does anyone have any info on the quality of the Supersprint headers vs Evosport's shorty headers? From my understanding, the Supersprint headers are made out of stainless steel and are larger piping diameter (70mm). The shorty headers are made out of milled stainless steel that's been ceramic coated. I think performance increase should be about the same. Difference is mainly cost and construction. Anybody got a picture of the C32 shorty headers?
Attached Thumbnails cousin just installed supersprint headers for his C32-843301.jpg  

Last edited by pshek; 11-04-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
awesome, your cousin's c32 and your c32 must be very very fast. i wish i had money to do headers anyway, you'll like the sound of eisenmann at redline. you're getting the race right? completely changes tone of c32 when you get close to redline
both cars are quick... mines is very light weight, my cousins is very powerful!!! I will post pics/soundclips/videos soon!!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:09 PM

2003 C32
did you cousin do the resonator delete as well? just curious because I remember Vadim saying it made a significant difference (like half) in HP/TQ gains to their headers install.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:17 PM

2003 C32
Here's the thread and Vadim's quote:

One interesting note is that half of HP gains for the headers only happened after we replaced the resonator with a straight through pipe.
"C32 Headers" thread
Old 11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
The first version of our headers was "equal-length". They only worked well with resonator removed.

Our production version is un-equal length, similar to Supersprint. They work well with or our without resonator. They are made from aluminized steel and coated with HiTemp coating.
Attached Thumbnails cousin just installed supersprint headers for his C32-es-v6-headers-1.jpg  
Old 11-04-2005, 07:52 PM

02 C32R
Originally Posted by KompressorKev
completely changes tone of c32 when you get close to redline
OK, how loud is it? I do a lot of driving with the family in the car (2 kids in back) and I did a mistake of adding an exhaust that drove us all crazy (in a differetn car I had), so I dont want to make the same mistake again. How much louder is the exhaust? BTW I have deleted the resonator and that sound is pretty good but I am thinking I want to go a LITTLE louder... how much more does it increase the sound level inside the cabin and is there any drone noise?

Also where did he get the headers and how much?

Last edited by Dead Ringer; 11-04-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As previously discussed, it is quite difficult to pull of the equal length tubes in such a confined space, therefore unequal length tubes are all that is available as of now. Seems to me to be more of a hidden cosmetic and bragging rights modification than an acutal hp/tq benefit. What is the claimed power gain from the SuperSprint units with the resonator attached? There may be equal gains with the stock header and the resonator deletted. Anyone have these power numbers as well as the pricing of this new to market header?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
my cousin still has the resonator... i think we are going to delete the resonator on his 32 when we install the eisenmann exhuast!!

Vadim... any benefit of the Evo headers over the supersprint? I know the Evo headers cost less then the supersprint ones... please elaborate!!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Answers:

1. Headers do not add much noise, about half of what resonator delete does.

2. Resonator delete by itself is maybe 1-2HP, it becomes more of a restriction as HP goes up.

3. Our headers are aluminized steel and are coated with HiTemp titanium, anti-corrosion coating to keep under hood temps down. SS are stainlees steel, however stainless has a tendency to crack after several years and numerous heat cycles.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
so aluminized steel is less prone to cracking then SS is?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Almost a Member!

How does the Kleeman headers stackup against the headers mentioned earlier? Are the Kleemans worth the money? Does anyone have the Kleemans installed that can comment on performance and sound?

Thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
OK, how loud is it? I do a lot of driving with the family in the car (2 kids in back) and I did a mistake of adding an exhaust that drove us all crazy (in a differetn car I had), so I dont want to make the same mistake again. How much louder is the exhaust? BTW I have deleted the resonator and that sound is pretty good but I am thinking I want to go a LITTLE louder... how much more does it increase the sound level inside the cabin and is there any drone noise?

Also where did he get the headers and how much?
the eisenmann race is noticably louder - probably too loud if you just want a little sound increase. at cold start it is really loud, every time you touch the throttle it is very noticable. once it is warmed up, at idle you really can't hear it. sound just a tad more volume than stock (but different tone) below 3000rpm. if you drive lightfooted, it is pretty quiet, then anything past about 2800rpm you can really start to hear it, but it's not overbearing. on the freeway it does not really drone but when you touch the throttle you can definitely hear it. in certain situations it does drone a bit - it doesn't resonate like some exhausts on other cars but noise can fill the cabin if you hit certain rpm's (mid-2000's). basically when it is warmed up it is definitely tolerable if you can drive lightfooted, but for most driving its presence will be there and it can get really loud if you heavy on the throttle (it really screams at WOT). i probably would not recommend it to you if you only want a little sound increase, especially since you deleted the resonator. the eisenmann race muffler itself gives a noticable increase in volume in almost all driving, is prone to drone in some instances (like when it's cold), and can be very loud under full throttle. fyi, i only have eisenmann race but i still have resonator and cats.

benzo - no res + eisenmann race will be very agressive, especially when cold. wot will be glorious. for now i am a little hesitant to take off my resonator, because more often than not, i personally like the volume of the eisenmann race alone, and only occassionally do i want it to scream. but, your cousin's (and your) car are definitely fast enough to be deserving of such an agressive tone
Old 11-05-2005, 08:20 PM

thanks to Bif Powell for hosting a vid. he made a compilation of w203 sounds - my car (filmed about a year ago) is the first one - c32 w/ eisenmann race exhaust. here's his thread. turn up the volume!!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/125738-exhaust-video-compilation.html

Last edited by KompressorKev; 11-05-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
so aluminized steel is less prone to cracking then SS is?
Yes, SS is more britle. Also most exhaust companies use non-stainless steel welding wire when welding stainless headers together. In the end the welds crack due to different expansion rates between stainless and non-stainless.

With new coatings that are available now, there is no longer a reason to use stainless.

How does the Kleeman headers stackup against the headers mentioned earlier? Are the Kleemans worth the money? Does anyone have the Kleemans installed that can comment on performance and sound?
I have not seen V6 Kleemann headers. If they are like V8 version they will need to have cats cut and rewelded to accomadate them.