what to do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
what to do?

you buy a new car.. out of state. you get home, notice a small scratch.. about an inch long.. that was covered up with touch up paint. what do you think i should do?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C55 AMG
you're probably SOL according to the old adage "caveat emptor"
Old 11-06-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Originally Posted by pointman
you buy a new car.. out of state. you get home, notice a small scratch.. about an inch long.. that was covered up with touch up paint. what do you think i should do?
I noticed a couple chips on the area just above the grille on my hood after about 3 days with the car that had been covered up with touch-up paint. I can't get too upset, I love the car and I plan on having it for many years - there are going to be little maintenance items like that popping up all the time over those years and you just gotta roll with it - hell, might've happened en route to your house. Welcome to owning a car Have it repaired at some point as part of a bigger project and it'll all be good.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

I brought my buddy a long to pickup my car out of state and he noticed a small scratch on the door and they put a little touchup paint on it. No big deal. What I didn't notice was how dirty the front headliner was when I got it home. As long as there aren't any major dings on the car and it runs properly just enjoy it... I know I am!!
Old 11-06-2005, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Bif powell
I noticed a couple chips on the area just above the grille on my hood after about 3 days with the car that had been covered up with touch-up paint. I can't get too upset, I love the car and I plan on having it for many years - there are going to be little maintenance items like that popping up all the time over those years and you just gotta roll with it - hell, might've happened en route to your house. Welcome to owning a car Have it repaired at some point as part of a bigger project and it'll all be good.
haha, yeah that was my opinion to. as far as it happening again. but i just hate that the dealer knew about it, covered it up and did not tell me.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by pointman
haha, yeah that was my opinion to. as far as it happening again. but i just hate that the dealer knew about it, covered it up and did not tell me.

I totally agree with you. I will be pissed to if I were in that situation
Old 11-06-2005, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RBMBC32
I brought my buddy a long to pickup my car out of state and he noticed a small scratch on the door and they put a little touchup paint on it. No big deal. What I didn't notice was how dirty the front headliner was when I got it home. As long as there aren't any major dings on the car and it runs properly just enjoy it... I know I am!!
will do, thanks.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Almost a Member!

02 C32 AMG 05 E55 AMG
similar situation happened to me. i do have a few rock chips here and there are considered patching them up correctly..but why spend the extra hundres of dollars when after all, it IS a used car..can't expect perfection I guess...I did vent like crazy when I first got my car, hence all the nasty posts I did..haha..but I'm totally over that whole thing..I love my car...simple as that..she's comfortable...a fast little sucker...and damn hot!
Old 11-06-2005, 05:43 PM

Volkswagen Golf
Quick question, doubleU211, what's with the pink text all the time? It's very creative and your posts are always meaningful, but it hurts my eyes to read and look at it!!...