C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I feel this car is breaking in now and should yield much better results than 386rwp at MT.I'm getting another dyno today and will post the results.
Your not serious are you? we all know those MT #'s are hyped please tell me your going to an independant shop It's kinda funny up until late you were on the rampage ready to sue'em all now w/all this talk of how strong your G2 is running/sucessful Auto X events it's like you are selling the G2 now Whatever happened to the other independant dynos (which fell drasticaly short of promised hp) are you just refusing to believe there real and forcing yourself to believe the highest #'s from MT??
Old 06-23-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Just completed Traffic School last month. I think I remember that if you go over 100mph on the streets and get busted they confiscate your car and it's a felony! On the freeway might be a safer bet but it would have to be pretty far from the city and I better upgrade my radar detector. I'll look into a local raceway in Fontana, Irwindale or Pomona for availability and PM you.
kool
Old 06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Thericker
Your not serious are you? we all know those MT #'s are hyped please tell me your going to an independant shop It's kinda funny up until late you were on the rampage ready to sue'em all now w/all this talk of how strong your G2 is running/sucessful Auto X events it's like you are selling the G2 now Whatever happened to the other independant dynos (which fell drasticaly short of promised hp) are you just refusing to believe there real and forcing yourself to believe the highest #'s from MT??
Don't let out my secret, I almost got my full investment back! J/K. Actually I'm trying to cause a vaccuum leak, intercooler pump failure, SC crankshaft crack or exploit any other weakness in the kit to give me good reason to remove it but I definitely don't want to break my engine while trying to do so.

It's like this Albatross wrapped around my neck that I can't shake loose. It would be a shame to remove it and lose my entire investment without having some fun first since the resale value of a operating HPS kit is suspect at this point and it's just not worth my time to sue them anymore.

I've made an appointment at Advanced Motorsports in Irvine on Monday at 1pm. Will post results Monday afternoon.

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-23-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
Lihn, I think in you will better off selling your CL55 and getting a 04-06 CL55. You can not beat factory install.

Vadim,

Thank you, as alway for your honest answer.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
You have to get your own brain bucket but thats something you will use for many years to come so not to worry.
I heard from a guy at the track that Motorcycle Helmets don't qualify. I just ordered a HJC Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmet AC-12 that looks awesome and is SNELL 2005 approved. I was shopping Sport Bikes anyway so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone. Do you think they will let me wear it at Willow Springs? Do they really inspect it?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Don't let out my secret, I almost got my full investment back! J/K. Actually I'm trying to cause a vaccuum leak, intercooler pump failure, SC crankshaft crack or exploit any other weakness in the kit to give me good reason to remove it but I definitely don't want to break my engine while trying to do so.

It's like this Albatross wrapped around my neck that I can't shake loose. It would be a shame to remove it and lose my entire investment without having some fun first since the resale value of a operating HPS kit is suspect at this point and it's just not worth my time to sue them anymore.

I've made an appointment at Advanced Motorsports in Irvine on Monday at 1pm. Will post results Monday afternoon.
Sounds good! I'm sure you would bust a bolt or 2 if you raced my Vette
Old 06-24-2006, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
I heard from a guy at the track that Motorcycle Helmets don't qualify. I just ordered a HJC Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmet AC-12 that looks awesome and is SNELL 2005 approved. I was shopping Sport Bikes anyway so I thought I could kill two birds with one stone. Do you think they will let me wear it at Willow Springs? Do they really inspect it?

If it is snell 2005 approved u should be a ok. I have never had any group other than NASA check the quality of my helmet so I doubt OTR will ever say a thing. Just realize that a car helmet is desiged to take multiple blows while a bike version is deisgned to take 1 blow and then it loses some of its regidity.

I just have a basic closed face BELL and its just fine. 350 bucks and it gets the job done. I have yet to have an issue with it being to heavy. Just get a neck support as well for that saves your neck from feeling like junk the next day.

Let face it...if you crash at these speeds its is going to hurt!

How about that guy in the WRX who rolled his car 3x... walked away.... not to bad. Were you still there for that?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
If it is snell 2005 approved u should be a ok. I have never had any group other than NASA check the quality of my helmet so I doubt OTR will ever say a thing. Just realize that a car helmet is desiged to take multiple blows while a bike version is deisgned to take 1 blow and then it loses some of its regidity.

I just have a basic closed face BELL and its just fine. 350 bucks and it gets the job done. I have yet to have an issue with it being to heavy. Just get a neck support as well for that saves your neck from feeling like junk the next day.

Let face it...if you crash at these speeds its is going to hurt!

How about that guy in the WRX who rolled his car 3x... walked away.... not to bad. Were you still there for that?
Great advice! Thanks. Is Werks II in Burbank a good place to get a neck brace and Automotive helmets?Yeah I was there when I heard about it from those two cute blond chicks from the SpeedGallery team and I could see it faintly far off to the left on a slight hill. Was that the brown car?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 C32 AMG Blk/Blk
After reading this thread, it is obvious you have more money than brains. haha

I went through almost the same issues you did with HPS, but with a BMW tuner known as ERT (AKA Dupont Racing in DE) with my 325Ci Supercharged. They screwed my car up so bad, that when I finally replaced the ERT charger with ESS kit, my car still ran like ****. The damage was done, same as yours.

I'm sorry to tell you, but your car is already screwed. You trying to induce a failure of the HPS kit is moronic IMO, all you are going to do is blow up a 20k+ engine. This is not going to end with you just blowing up the HPS kit and replacing it with another tuners kit. Your car will run like crap forever, you my as well part the kit out to some poor soul on ebay, and then sell your car on Autotrader or craigslist and leave someone else with your busted car.

Sorry to be harsh, but you apparently can't seem to listening to all these people trying to help you. I know it's your money and everything and honestly I could care less, but it's becoming amusing and I'm just curious... Do you have the money to replace the engine when it goes completely?

-Mike
Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by doofoo
After reading this thread, it is obvious you have more money than brains. haha -Mike

I don't know how many times I've said this. This guy is pathetic and I don't know what he's trying to accomplish. You would think he would have unloaded the car to an unsuspecting stealership by now.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Great advice! Thanks. Is Werks II in Burbank a good place to get a neck brace and Automotive helmets?Yeah I was there when I heard about it from those two cute blond chicks from the SpeedGallery team and I could see it faintly far off to the left on a slight hill. Was that the brown car?
Werks II is where I bought all my racing gear. Great place. Great employees and they have everything in stock. You might just walk out with a racing seat on order

Be sure to sit in all the seats just for fun!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What a bunch of Pr#cks MechTech is!

Aholes at MechTech refused to help me when I called about setting the car into dyno mode when I was getting my car dyno'd at Advanced MotorSports in Irvine. Instead Josh from House of Power called me back and gave me the instructions (that I forgot - key in 1 postion, press tripometer reset button 3 times, page down to dyno option and select dynometer setting with arrow buttons, remove key and then start car). Josh is really a cool guy even though I have not done any business with him he has offered to help everytime I called. By the way Jessie also gave me instructions on setting the car in dyno mode although it was slightly different. (hold reset button down for 20-40 seconds until you hear a beep)

Now I know for sure that HPS/MechTech have no intention of honoring their 1year warranty. This kit is completely garbage at this point!

To top off my bad day, I only made about 320rwp!!!!on numerous runs in 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4 gear! In fact he put a bag of ice on the SC manifold, sprayed water on the heat exchanger, took all the airboxes off and put a third fan directly over the air intake opening!

I am scheduling a final dyno with South Coast German Cars and if the numbers are the same. I am done with this bull**** kit and taking it off immediately and going with a Kleemann S8 package!

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-29-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
Kleemann

I don't know who would really want to install a kleemann kit on your car after all the problems it has had ...Personally if I was the Kleemann(Renntech, Brabus, etc) dealer I wouldn't touch your car.

Btw was the 320hp done on a load bearing dyno or a dynojet?

Anyways ... make sure you return the vehicle to stock and then do a couple base dyno pulls.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jesseliu
I don't know who would really want to install a kleemann kit on your car after all the problems it has had ...Personally if I was the Kleemann(Renntech, Brabus, etc) dealer I wouldn't touch your car.

Btw was the 320hp done on a load bearing dyno or a dynojet?

Anyways ... make sure you return the vehicle to stock and then do a couple base dyno pulls.
I just had my Service A done two weeks ago and they found no problems at all. Josh at HOP also inspected and dyno'd the car and found no problems when he dyno'd it at 362rwhp on April 15th but now it dyno'd at only 320rwhp. I think the dealer tech may have reflashed my ECU back to stock. That's the only explanation I can think of for the sudden loss of power. The car drives fine with no CELs. Another reason could be that I did not reset the tranny control unit by using that trick that was posted on this forum (holding down the gas pedal for 10 seconds).
Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just had my Service A done two weeks ago and they found no problems at all. Josh at HOP also inspected and dyno'd the car and found no problems when he dyno'd it at 362rwhp on April 15th but now it dyno'd at only 320rwhp. I think the dealer tech may have reflashed my ECU back to stock. That's the only explanation I can think of for the sudden loss of power. The car drives fine with no CELs. Another reason could be that I did not reset the tranny control unit by using that trick that was posted on this forum (holding down the gas pedal for 10 seconds).
I think that's where your problem lies.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
You are giving yourself your own answers.

JUST GO TO JOSH! He has a dyno and he is Kleemann dealer. He helped you, unlike any other company.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
The car lunged instantly from 60mph to over 150mph in a heartbeat and was steady as a rock even the though all the cars I passed looked like a blur.
So far I have not had any competition on the streets.
Crazy!!! What 320rwhp will do What's that 10rwhp over stock sounds like you've got a real TIME MACHINE there...

You went to race on Wed the 21st & you just said today the 29th you had the car serviced 2 weeks ago, So all this unbelievable power must be in your head, If the dealer (possibly) reflashed your ECU back to stock 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Thericker; 06-29-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 PM
CHB

'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
on April 15th but now it dyno'd at only 320rwhp.
Just wow. Are you ever going to remove it?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 PM

Stock ECU

I am not an expert but I find it hard to believe the stock ECU would have that great an impact on horsepower. I still have the stock program and Kleemann feels the ECU upgrade is worth about 10 to 15 HP but the main benefit is sharper throttle response and removal of the top speed limiter. Frankly I could care less about the speed limiter being increased.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Catapult
I am not an expert but I find it hard to believe the stock ECU would have that great an impact on horsepower. I still have the stock program and Kleemann feels the ECU upgrade is worth about 10 to 15 HP but the main benefit is sharper throttle response and removal of the top speed limiter. Frankly I could care less about the speed limiter being increased.
Robert had some custom tuning done on his car because it was running VERY lean (something like 17:1). He might want to get his car re-dynoed with a wideband hooked up to verify A/F ratio again to make sure it isn't back to square one. If the E55 guys are getting their Kleemann programs wiped you can bet his custom tune got wiped too.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Robert had some custom tuning done on his car because it was running VERY lean (something like 17:1). He might want to get his car re-dynoed with a wideband hooked up to verify A/F ratio again to make sure it isn't back to square one. If the E55 guys are getting their Kleemann programs wiped you can bet his custom tune got wiped too.
I was assured by Jessie, Adam, Jim and Bill that there was no way the dealer can reflash custom programming done by Jessie because it was chipped? Now I hear from you that Kleemann programs are getting flashed which leads me to think that this may have happened to my car as well.

Thanks for the tip! I'll need to contact Jessie for some help. If there is nothing he can do then I'll have no choice but make the switch and buy the Kleemann kit from Josh at House of Power. As I said before Brandon and Cory at Kleemann have said that Josh is one of their top Kleemann installers outside of their Colorado HQ! And the deal he offered me would save me at least $3K!!! He is the Man!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anoher Blown Hps 55 Motor?

I just heard a rumor that another AMG 55 motor with an HPS kit blew his motor just like Linh's. I cannot say any more until that person gives me additional information. .

Last edited by AMGSC; 07-01-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
I'm confused as hell... AMGSC, is it me or do you praise HPS one second, bash them the next, get baited and f-ed with all day long by them, etc? One post I think you're proud of HPS and the other you're bashing them.

My guess is that they had you by the nuts and made you into a parrot.

I for one have lost all respect for HPS a long time ago. I have yet to see one system do well. lol, what a joke.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Godfather
I'm confused as hell... AMGSC, is it me or do you praise HPS one second, bash them the next, get baited and f-ed with all day long by them, etc? One post I think you're proud of HPS and the other you're bashing them.

My guess is that they had you by the nuts and made you into a parrot.

I for one have lost all respect for HPS a long time ago. I have yet to see one system do well. lol, what a joke.
I hate HPS and Mechtech's guts. They are a bunch of losers with no business ethics whatsoever!!! I only praised Jessie from Speed Innovations becuase he made a defective product somewhat functional with his custom ECU tuning! As a matter of fact, He has just disassociated himself from HPS as of yesterday due to all the problems with the hardware and the fact that HPS has not paid him for his contracted services. In fact HPS did'nt even pay their own partner in MechTech for the repair of Linh's motor which is still not running right! I will never praise the HPS kit again. I just spent over $250K remodeling and expanding my house by 1,500 sft . That's why I am waiting until I get my bonus before dumping this crap kit and replacing with either a Kleemann or just selling the car and waiting for the C63 or paying a little more for the CLK 63 although I like having 4 doors and the manuverability of a smaller body.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
AMGSC,

Be thankful your motor hasn't blown yet. I would remove the kit ASAP and return it to stock just to be on the safe side. Then if the motor looks okay, I would have Josh @HOP install a Kleeman kit. You could even have him open up the motor and install Kleeman camshafts, take pictures of any possible damages to the pistons, cylinder head, etc. Throw that piece of junk HPS kit away.

Sport camshafts are a worthwhile investment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC