C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thericker
Adam Follman, Vice president of sales for HPS, Filed a Civil Lawsuit in Orange County Against me Sean H. a PRIOR CUSTOMER (I purchased the Gen II HPS Supercharger last Aug in 2005) Adam Follman's lawsuit demanded $500,000.00 + for INSINUATING HE WAS A HOMOSEXUAL, & INSINUATING HE HAS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE.
What does this specific lawsuit have to do with the HPS supercharger kit?
Old 08-25-2006, 01:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by Thericker
Adam Follman, Vice president of sales for HPS, Filed a Civil Lawsuit in Orange County Against me Sean H. a PRIOR CUSTOMER (I purchased the Gen II HPS Supercharger last Aug in 2005) Adam Follman's lawsuit demanded ....
should I or shouldn't I ... I guess I am ... If you hadn't been such a douch bag to me and others in the past I might'a actually been like, "WTF; how the hell?" ... but no need ...
Damn, Karma's got it in for you...

Last edited by c55m8o; 08-25-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:09 AM
JR1
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still going...........
Old 08-25-2006, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by c55m8o
should I or shouldn't I ... I guess I am ... If you hadn't been such a douch bag to me and others in the past I might'a actually been like, "WTF; how the hell?" ... but no need ...
Damn, Karma's got it in for you...
I didn't post this info to illicit sympathy in any way, But to merely keep all abreast of the current situation.

Last edited by Thericker; 08-25-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:58 AM

Not an AMG :(
If this thread was made into a movie, which actors would be the characters?

Yes, I know this is off topic, but this thread should be continued somehow.
I'm certain that if somebody had an 'in' on the hollywood scene, Miramax or someone would make a movie out of this thread in a heartbeat! Something along the lines of 'Disclosure'. Lot's of drama and suspense, but of course, we'll need to cast a couple of females.
Reading the C32 / C55 forum is addictive enough, but THIS thread.........!!!! Wow!
Old 08-25-2006, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
....we'll need to cast a couple of females...
The cast of Taxi minus the Queen and the Weeney are free as there certainly won't be a sequal to that movie...
Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Richard023
Hummm....The MP122H 2.0L is still in "beta form" and a long way off production as suggested by Jerry (Magnuson). Yes, it's got good potential and a 8% increase from the MP112 1.8L, bolt flange is not the same tho, I've seen the muscular blower on a 402 LS2.

HPS can keep installing bigger blowers they want, just be prepared!!!! Without proper design system engineering and suffcient R&D, this blower will break parts...hence "beta form".
Richard,
I missed your sound advice. Yes I'm still trying to work things out with HPS so we don't have to go to the mat at the courthouse. I've called Magnusson yesterday and today and spoke to Bill Stiso? (Hot Rod Manager) and Dennis (Sales Manager). I will call the Chief engineer (Terry Reddicor) tomorrow but this blower has now been out in the commercial market for a while now. I want to buy it and have HPS mount their existing hardware on it. Will it work?What types of changes in hardware, plumbing, components would I need?
Do you also know of a good chip tuner that can reprogram the 2006 ECU's as well as the transmission control unit? Finally can you give me your sources once again for the upgraded heat exchanger, coolmist/aquamist methanol spray and upgraded high-flow heavy duty intercooler pump.

I really value your knowledge and expertise and would be grateful if you replied.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
I love it!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Old 08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by AMGSC
I want to buy it and have HPS mount their existing hardware on it. Will it work? What types of changes in hardware, plumbing, components would I need?
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Ling,
I'm sure you remember me from our get-together in Corona months back.
On a non-related matter. How did you get your KW kit to fit a C55? I was told by Robert@Eurorev that KW does not make them for the C55. Can you give me the part number, where you bought them and how much? Kit + Installation? I put my Bilstein order on hold until I hear from you.

Thanks,
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Richard023
HPS can keep installing bigger blowers they want, just be prepared!!!! Without proper design system engineering and suffcient R&D, this blower will break parts
I want to buy it and have HPS mount their existing hardware on it.
Dear god! What is wrong with you AMGSC? The kit doesn't work well, and you think that putting on a 'bigger' supercharger will make things better?

Why don't you actually LISTEN to anyone's advice?
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jgsx
Dear god! What is wrong with you AMGSC? The kit doesn't work well, and you think that putting on a 'bigger' supercharger will make things better?

Why don't you actually LISTEN to anyone's advice?
Look, They're looking for a new chip tuner, upgrading the entire cooling system and I'm exploring the new blower for the finishing touch JUST for my car. Accoding to Magnusson the cooling upgrades will make a HUGE difference in power. He also told me that because the MP122H is so efficient the boost should be lowered to only 5lbs/psi and still generate gobs of torque. With lower boost intake temperatures are also lower. Combined with upgraded cooling, I should expect to see 450rwhp without a doubt.

If this custom kit works and is powerful, reliable and safe, then ALL MB motorsport enthusiast will win because the kit may still cost only half of the big name foriegn tuners kits like Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson and Brabus. Then we can finally say that there is an AMERICAN maker of MB superchargers that can compete at a more reasonable price.

If HPS is not willing to go all the way, then I am willing to start a business venture with my two brothers (both Multi-Millionaires) to develop a Supercharger kit for MBs since this market is still underserved. The hardware and components can easily be fabricated in China for a 1/10th of the cost of the U.S and 1/15th of the cost in Europe and I will work a deal with Magnusson to put the MP122H in the kit which costs much less than Lysholm, Autorotor, Sprintex or IHI brand of twin-screws.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-01-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Japanese brand of twin-screws.
Blitz?
Old 09-01-2006, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Thumbs down

Look, They're looking for a new chip tuner, upgrading the entire cooling system and I'm exploring the new blower for the finishing touch JUST for my car. Accoding to Magnusson the cooling upgrades will make a HUGE difference in power. He also told me that because the MP122H is so efficient the boost should be lowered to only 5lbs/psi and still generate gobs of torque. With lower boost intake temperatures are also lower. Combined with upgraded cooling, I should expect to see 450rwhp without a doubt.

If this custom kit works and is powerful, reliable and safe, then ALL MB motorsport enthusiast will win because the kit may still cost only half of the big name foriegn tuners kits like Kleemann, Renntech, Carlsson and Brabus. Then we can finally say that there is an AMERICAN maker of MB superchargers that can compete at a more reasonable price.

If HPS is not willing to go all the way, then I am willing to start a business venture with my two brothers (both Multi-Millionaires) to develop a Supercharger kit for MBs since this market is still underserved. The hardware and components can easily be fabricated in China for a 1/10th of the cost of the U.S and 1/15th of the cost in Europe and I will work a deal with Magnusson to put the MP122H in the kit which costs much less than the Lysholms, Wipples or that Japanese brand of twin-screws.
What kind of business did they teach you at USC man? You need a lot of capital, R&D, and support from techs that are able to build a kit that you're dreaming of. I for one, would not buy a kit from China. And you're asking forum members for technical support? The established tuning companies you mentioned like Kleeman, Evosport, HOP, Brabus, Carlsson, and Renntech will not share their knowledge with you, or anyone else for that matter. Outsourcing fabrication of these components to China is just plain wrong, and makes me mad as hell. Of course it's cheaper for Chinese companies to make them when labor and materials are so damn cheap there. Factory workers in China live in crappy conditions; I've been to four factories in Southern China in the last year. Do not take a cookie cutter approach to tuning a Benz, it won't work.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ling,
On a non-related matter. How did you get your KW kit to fit a C55? I was told by Robert@Eurorev that KW does not make them for the C55. Can you give me the part number, where you bought them and how much? Kit + Installation? I put my Bilstein order on hold until I hear from you.

Thanks,
Robert, of course I remember you. You're a cool guy and I just want to see you to get this ordeal over with already. Stepping back into the arena with HPS after what they've already done to your car and Linh's car is ludicrous! You guys have given them more than enough chances. However, the decision is ultimately yours and I'm assuming you have already thought this through.

As for the KW's, there is no C55 kit, though there might be in the near future (don't hold your breath). I am currently running the C-class 6 cylinder kit. Neal also used that same kit with his car as well. According to KW there is not much of a weight difference between the V6 and V8 (~50lbs). Below is the pic of the part number. I will PM you the rest of the info.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:43 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Ling,

Thanks,
It's just me, but I would go with the Bilstein's over the KW's.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
It's just me, but I would go with the Bilstein's over the KW's.
Please do enlighten us as to why.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:14 PM

Please do enlighten us as to why.
The Bilstein's are more adjustable I've been told and from what I've heard are designed more for the C55. Plus I prefer the blue color of the pss9's over the yellow kw's. As to performance wise I have no idea since I don't think anyone has ever compared the two.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Bilstein's are more adjustable I've been told and from what I've heard are designed more for the C55. Plus I prefer the blue color of the pss9's over the yellow kw's. As to performance wise I have no idea since I don't think anyone has ever compared the two.
I, too, can't compare performance since I've never been on the Bilstein side of things. As far as adjustability goes I believe the Pss9 is 9-way adjustable while the KW v2 do not restrict you in regards to how many preset positions (infinitely adjustable until full firm/soft).
Old 09-01-2006, 04:51 PM

I, too, can't compare performance since I've never been on the Bilstein side of things. As far as adjustability goes I believe the Pss9 is 9-way adjustable while the KW v2 do not restrict you in regards to how many preset positions (infinitely adjustable until full firm/soft).
That my be true, but I believe there are other aspects that you can adjust on the pss9 that you can't on the KW. Neal told me the difference once. Maybe he can chime in here or someone else with more knowledge of this.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That my be true, but I believe there are other aspects that you can adjust on the pss9 that you can't on the KW. Neal told me the difference once. Maybe he can chime in here or someone else with more knowledge of this.
I would like to know as well. Neal, I know you're lurking somewhere.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:06 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Robert, good luck with your supercharger adventure and don't forget when you build your kit, make sure you turn that blower upside down. If i were you I could sue HPS, get my money back and build my own kit. I have a buddy that is a Maggie dealer and he would now what to do. He is also the guy that put in my CoolingMist.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55Cent
Robert, good luck with your supercharger adventure and don't forget when you build your kit, make sure you turn that blower upside down. If i were you I could sue HPS, get my money back and build my own kit. I have a buddy that is a Maggie dealer and he would now what to do. He is also the guy that put in my CoolingMist.
Mario,
I may have to go underground again for a while on disclosing anything about my kit as it relates to HPS. But through the help of some of you on this forum I have been able to hook up with a MAJOR player in the Chip tuning industry and they are not local. Think outside of this continent. Not China but Europe. Thats' all I can say for a while but MAN I'm excited and all MB enthusiasts should be like yourself because your kit may now get some real tuning!!!!!

BTW...Can you PM me with the contact information on the CoolMist? I'll buy you lunch.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-01-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:05 AM

C 55
Kind of feel like i'm in the movie. LOL

Last edited by SuperC55; 09-02-2006 at 01:08 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC