C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGSC
The stock tensioner melted off from the Sprintbooster putting so much stress on it according to Jim so I'm selling it to the highest bidder on this forum. Parts costs me $408+tax, Labor $335 and Tow $350 = total of $1130 plus 2 weeks of rental. I guess when you play you pay.
I find it amusing how you deleted the "HPS" from your sig opting for the Magnacharger nomenclature

Last edited by Thericker; 04-14-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Thericker
I find it amusing how you deleted the "HPS" from your sig opting for the Magnacharger nomenclature
Jim is really not a bad guy at all and Linh and I will continue to work with him. HPS is completely out of the picture. Adam refused to assist in any way when my car broke down on the freeway. He even refused to have my car towed there. Wow, Great customer service. This is what you get when you buy a kit from HPS.

If you are considering supercharging or turbocharging your Vette I can put in a good word for you and perhaps get a good discount. His specialty other than buggies are American V8s, especially boosting Vettes. He is almost local for you. You are in Santa Barbara correct?

Linh and I had differences and disputes with Jim before but we've worked things out and now the three of us are partnering in the development of the MP122H kit. Linh is sourcing the bigger throttle body needed for the MP122H. Jim has already partnered with a tuner that has the flasher program for this blower as well.

I'm also planning on getting a 1yr old Z06 next year and having Jim TT it. What's the most popular Vette forum?

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-16-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Jim is really not a bad guy at all and Linh and I will continue to work with him. HPS is completely out of the picture. Adam refused to assist in any way when my car broke down on the freeway. He even refused to have my car towed there. Wow, Great customer service. This is what you get when you buy a kit from HPS.

If you are considering supercharging or turbocharging your Vette I can put in a good word for you and perhaps get a good discount. His specialty other than buggies are American V8s, especially boosting Vettes. He is almost local for you. You are in Santa Barbara correct?

Linh and I had differences and disputes with Jim before but we've worked things out and now the three of us are partnering in the development of the MP122H kit. Linh is sourcing the bigger throttle body needed for the MP122H. Jim has already partnered with a tuner that has the flasher program for this blower as well.

I'm also planning on getting a 1yr old Z06 next year and having Jim TT it. What's the most popular Vette forum?
Naa Jim is cool but too far away, nearly 4hrs, best Vette forum is Digitalcorvettes.com but the biggest and most busy very strict no kill stories, no spirited arguing, nada = boring.....Corvetteforum.com
I don't frequent either just poke around reading here & there, there boring as watching paint dry, lame topics, seriously must be full of 60-75 yr old men primarily concerned w/what brand of floor matts, and car wax to buy??no ****

I'd be leary of TT on the stock Z06 7.0 there making way more hp torque w/base C6 6.0, not much room left in the Z06 w/forced induction unless fully forging and lowering compression. But you can easily achieve 550-575 rwhp w/headers cam, heads, dyno tune,(about $6-7k)on C6 Z06, stock there getting 440-460rwhp

Any thoughts on color choice? also deff get 1 w/HUD Heads Up Option, really cool, helpfull.

Last edited by Thericker; 04-16-2007 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
HPS voids their own customers factory warranty!

Adam just sent me an email threatening to sue me if I replaced the blower on MY kit. I purchased it and I can do anything I want with it. Can you believe this guy? The HPS hardware would probably would have negated any extra power the new MP122H could have made anyway so I'm scrapping the project and going with a Kleemann ASAP! I want the twin-screw version and not the new roots version.

Adam then writes me and tells me that he reported to someone from MBUSA that I had a supercharger on my car. I don't give a damn because if anything happens to my car I will just have my personal friend who was a former lead tech at Fletcher Jones repair it at minimal cost (including a blown motor)!! Money does'nt scare me Adam! Would you want to purchase a kit from a company that does this to you???

In my own experience, just about EVERY SINGLE component of my HPS kit has Failed within about a year including the pulley, idler, belt, intercooler, fuel injectors, oil leakage, vacuum leakage, etc...and blown motors caused by the HPS kit from two forum members I've met or become friends with. I testified on both their behalfs and Adam lost both lawsuits but STILL refuses to refund their money up to now claiming missing components on the returned kits. What a low life of a person? Add this to the fact that my car DIED on the freeway 3 times because of the SC IMHO. The first time it died, Adam was sitting in my car during a test drive. The last time was when the belt broke after the pulley siezed up.

If you or anybody you know STILL buys an HPS KIT after you have read through my ordeal then you are even more insane than I was!

Hey A..hole Adam, my license plate is my avatar/sig. REPORT ME to every dealer and see if I give a crap, you loser of a person and businessman.

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-17-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Adam just sent me an email threatening to sue me if I replaced the blower on MY kit. I purchased it and I can do anything I want with it. Can you believe this guy? The HPS hardware would probably would have negated any extra power the new MP122H could have made anyway so I'm scrapping the project and going with a Kleemann ASAP! I want the twin-screw version and not the new roots version.

Adam then writes me and tells me that he reported to someone from MBUSA that I had a supercharger on my car. I don't give a damn because if anything happens to my car I will just have my personal friend who was a former lead tech at Fletcher Jones repair it at minimal cost (including a blown motor)!! Money does'nt scare me Adam! Would you want to purchase a kit from a company that does this to you???

In my own experience, just about EVERY SINGLE component of my HPS kit has Failed within about a year including the Supercharger Pulley/Idler, belt, Intercooler, pump, fuel injectors, etc...and blown motors caused by the HPS kit from two forum members I've met or become friends with.

If you or anybody you know STILL buys an HPS KIT after you haver read through my ordeal then you and even more insane than I was!
That's just like Adam to send threatening letters. You should send him a letter from an attorney of your own. He'll probably run away. IMO, you should just remove the whole kit and bring the car back to reliable stock form. Sell your car and start with a new car. If you really want Kleeman, then maybe Cory will sell you a Kleemanized car from Colorado. I heard from a reliable source that IHI will no longer be making twin screw superchargers, so it will be difficult to find a kit. For me, only AMG will do.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by pshek
I heard from a reliable source that IHI will no longer be making twin screw superchargers, so it will be difficult to find a kit. For me, only AMG will do.
As what Vadim said on the previous page, Autorotor went out of business so more more twin-screw kits also roots available. Although they still might have some leftover stock but i doubt it since those things were selling like hotcakes.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

In my own experience, just about EVERY SINGLE component of my HPS kit has Failed within about a year including the pulley, idler, belt, intercooler, fuel injectors, oil leakage, vacuum leakage, etc...and blown motors caused by the HPS kit from two forum members I've met or become friends with. I testified on both their behalfs and Adam lost both lawsuits but STILL refuses to refund their money up to now claiming missing components on the returned kits. What a low life of a person? Add this to the fact that my car DIED on the freeway 3 times because of the SC IMHO. The first time it died, Adam was sitting in my car during a test drive. The last time was when the belt broke after the pulley siezed up.

If you or anybody you know STILL buys an HPS KIT after you have read through my ordeal then you are even more insane than I was!

Hey A..hole Adam, my license plate is my avatar/sig. REPORT ME to every dealer and see if I give a crap, you loser of a person and businessman.
Sorry to hear your continuing troubles....But this is great stuff my printer is burping it out fortifies my case a lot!
Old 04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JamE55
As what Vadim said on the previous page, Autorotor went out of business so more more twin-screw kits also roots available. Although they still might have some leftover stock but i doubt it since those things were selling like hotcakes.
Autorotor and IHI are two different companies. I heard that Eaton (who makes the Aftermarket Magnussen blowers) bought them out in effect eliminating a superior competitor. As for IHI they are a Japanese company and I don't think they are out of business since Renntech Kits still uses their blowers.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S

Robert, sorry to hear that you're still going through this crap with Adam / HPS.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Not an AMG :(
Adam just sent me an email threatening to sue me if I replaced the blower on MY kit. I purchased it and I can do anything I want with it. Can you believe this guy?
That sounds like such a f'ed up thing to do (i.e. threaten to sue) - is it even possible that this type of threat holds water? That's like MBUSA suing anyone who dares screw with their cars by modding them??
You should threaten to sue him if he doesn't get your photos and testimony off the website!!!

Adam then writes me and tells me that he reported to someone from MBUSA that I had a supercharger on my car.
Robert - this sucks! This is where I would draw the line. What a pu$$y-a$$ thing to do. The dude is behaving like he is 5 years old.
What I don't understand is WHY is this business still operating (and why does he have a pretty decent BBB report)?
Sorry for your troubles man!

Last edited by boohooramblers; 04-17-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Excuse my French but tell him to eat a dick.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:34 PM

AW '05 C55
I asked Kleemann why the max power rating on N/A V8 55 kompressor kits were down from 590hp(stage3 kit) last year to about 530hp, kits for the C55 & CLK55. Cory said it was detuned to make the kit safe as fuel quality was declining around the world. But now I hear on this thread Autorotor is going out of business and wonder if this is the real reason for the decreased power rating...
Old 04-18-2007, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cldriver
I asked Kleemann why the max power rating on N/A V8 55 kompressor kits were down from 590hp(stage3 kit) last year to about 530hp, kits for the C55 & CLK55. Cory said it was detuned to make the kit safe as fuel quality was declining around the world. But now I hear on this thread Autorotor is going out of business and wonder if this is the real reason for the decreased power rating...
I've asked Evosport to locate a Twin-Screw Kleemann kit for me. If they cannot find one, I will just buy the Renntech kit which still uses the Twin-Screw. I really don't want a Roots blower-based kit anymore. Everywhere I read and hear the Twin-Screw is superior to Roots design in EVERY possible way. It looks to me like Renntech may be taking over the Benz Aftermarket Boosting business if Kleemann ceases to offer what people really want. The roots blowers are much cheaper and MASS produced so Kleemann may just be after a larger margin rather than providing a superior product.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
sorry to hear your problems....

at least your car looks hot....

Old 04-18-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
Excuse my French but tell him to eat a dick.
and BTW... In Adam's email he mentioned that he told all potential customers that Jessie's tuning was the only cause of all their problems and that everything is fine now. What a crock of SH*T. Jessie's tuning is the ONLY reason the car is not in the scrap yard. I was driving around with 18/1 AFR and making only a gain of 10rwhp until a knowledgeable forum member challenged me to dyno my car and I found out the truth about the false/bogus/fraudulent dyno chart that Adam still can't explain.

I don't care if HPS sells a platinum kit that makes 1,000rwhp because I would NEVER do business with this company and Adam in particular again. He said he wasn't worried about me posting on this forum but I happen to know that when I google HPS, my posts often appear on PAGE 1 of the results. I wonder if he has tried that himself.

Everytime I post something here, Adam emails me so I know he is reading this. Here is my warning to you Adam, remove that false testimonial from your website from MYHPS.COM within 24 hours from now or you will be getting a call from my attorney shortly thereafter. You know I will do it. I already have a suit in progress so my lawyer would love the additional business.

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-18-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rlee02135
sorry to hear your problems....

at least your car looks hot....

Thanks bud. I could'nt have taken a better picture myself. Your Blacked Out C32 is pretty sick as well
Old 04-18-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Should I invite Adam to the ROSE BOWL MB Meet ????

Carlos

Saprissa@aol.com
Please sign up at the link below:

Spring ROSE BOWL Mercedes-Benz Meet / May 12th

Old 04-18-2007, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
I'm kidding people....

just kidding !

but seriously, all you SoCal MB racers should sign up for the meet !
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Saprissa
I'm kidding people....

just kidding !

but seriously, all you SoCal MB racers should sign up for the meet !
Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.... Hey C! Just a suggestion but maybe after the meet we can head out to FUDDruckers in burbank for a good ole MBWorld lunch/dinner and drinks no?
Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Everytime I post something here, Adam emails me so I know he is reading this. Here is my warning to you Adam, remove that false testimonial from your website from MYHPS.COM within 24 hours from now or you will be getting a call from my attorney shortly thereafter. You know I will do it. I already have a suit in progress so my lawyer would love the additional business.
Yo bro looks like it's time to make that call Your "false testimonial" is still currently up and running.
http://myhps.com/index.php?src=news&...20Testimonials
Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
Yo bro looks like it's time to make that call Your "false testimonial" is still currently up and running.
http://myhps.com/index.php?src=news&...20Testimonials
Sean,
Let's talk because I will testify on your behalf if you do the same for me. I am rounding up all my contacts (Linh, Eric, Brandon, Jessie, Josh, Mario, Richard, etc..) for a major offensive. I have all his emails and the one with the false dyno chart. He also confirmed the false gains on a follow-up email which I have saved. Altogether I have spent or lost income approaching $60-70K because of his false claims.

This guy actually threatend to sue ME if I don't close this thread by 12am April 21st. What an immature loser, can you believe his Dad actually let's him run a business?

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-19-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Sean,
Let's talk because I will testify on your behalf if you do the same for me. I am rounding up all my contacts (Linh, Eric, Brandon, Jessie, Josh, Mario, Richard, etc..) for a major offensive. I have all his emails and the one with the false dyno chart. He also confirmed the false gains on a follow-up email which I have saved. Altogether I have spent or lost income approaching $60-70K because of his false claims.

This guy actually threatend to sue ME if I don't close this thread by 12am April 21st. What an immature loser, can you believe his Dad actually let's him run a business?
Call me anytime bro! yes I will testify on your behalf as well as Brandons, & anyone else who needs it. I've communicated & met w/Brandon already were all in support of you I have a plethora of emails, letters, and support of multiple members, including Jessie, Mario, Richard, Linh, etc.... this will soon be a moot point.

I proudly post this here, wanting HPS to know I am EXTREMELY confident, I've already filed not (1) but (2) major cases against them, that are extremely powerful w/tons of VALIDATING EVIDENCE mounting daily.

Adam has been unsuccessfully suing me for nearly (1) year now, I am prepared to sell oranges at freeway onramps to pay my attorney fees, I'll go broke before handing over a SINGE RED CENT to his frivolous lawsuit claims.

I'll pm you my current phn #

Last edited by Thericker; 04-19-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 PM

AW '05 C55
Thanks bud. I could'nt have taken a better picture myself. Your Blacked Out C32 is pretty sick as well
What are the size/offsets on those WORK wheels? They look good, but didn't know they fit MB. I got a set of BBS RS-GT.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cldriver
What are the size/offsets on those WORK wheels? They look good, but didn't know they fit MB. I got a set of BBS RS-GT.
I'm not sure about the offsets but I'll ask David@Status. The size is 245/35/19x8.5 fronts and 265/40/19x9.5 rears. I also have 10mm Hubcentric H&R spacers to widen the track a bit more for better cornering ability.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM

I want to clarify a few issues that were brought to my attention. Number 1 there was no oral agreement between Robert Chen, Linh Nguyen or myself to develop a HPS third generation 122 supercharger system. I have made this clear to all parties on numerous occassions that any future developments would be introduced and released by HPS. In addition many of Robert's comments about these issues have been misleading and taken out of content regarding myself. I hope forum members can read in between lines.

Finally, to end speculation, any engine failure to date was due to software/timing issues created by an outside source with no affiliation with HPS. The software proved to be detramentel to the engines or the individuals that elected to use their services.

Thank you,
Jim McFarland
Mechtech Motorsports

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC