Dynoed my car today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Dynoed my car today

After getting a set of customorized pulleys and chip installed on the car last month and been feeling the increased the power on my butt dyno, I finally had time to do a dyno on the car last Friday to see the actul power gain. As you can see in the graph below, my baseline with a upsolute chip was 302hp and 298TQ. So i was expecting hp&tq numbers to be around 325 at least this time. However, the numbers turn to be quite disaappointing, 302hp and 308tq. I did realize the baseline was done at 64 F and 12% humidity. The second run was done at 79F and 36%. My dyno guy told me the change in temp and humidity accounts for around 15hp. but even take that into consideration, the power increase is low compared to other pulley&chipped C32s. I have seen other member's C32 get around 325 to 330whp with pulley and ECU. I have no idea right now as what's causing the numbers to be low. Could it be my intercool pump not working probably? Since March, i have been hearing this humming/buzzing noise from underneath my car. Any advice/suggestion will be very WELCOME.
Attached Thumbnails Dynoed my car today-new_bestrun_old_bestrun.jpg  
Old 06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
What octane fuel are you running? If it is similar to 91 octane here in California then that might be normal for a hot day. Run some race gas with a near empty tank and you will pick up 20+ HP. If you are already running better than 91 fuel then there might be some intercooler issues.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 c32
Humming/buzzing from under car is covered in a TSB. Have your dealer look into it.

Originally Posted by crystal_ice
After getting a set of customorized pulleys and chip installed on the car last month and been feeling the increased the power on my butt dyno, I finally had time to do a dyno on the car last Friday to see the actul power gain. As you can see in the graph below, my baseline with a upsolute chip was 302hp and 298TQ. So i was expecting hp&tq numbers to be around 325 at least this time. However, the numbers turn to be quite disaappointing, 302hp and 308tq. I did realize the baseline was done at 64 F and 12% humidity. The second run was done at 79F and 36%. My dyno guy told me the change in temp and humidity accounts for around 15hp. but even take that into consideration, the power increase is low compared to other pulley&chipped C32s. I have seen other member's C32 get around 325 to 330whp with pulley and ECU. I have no idea right now as what's causing the numbers to be low. Could it be my intercool pump not working probably? Since March, i have been hearing this humming/buzzing noise from underneath my car. Any advice/suggestion will be very WELCOME.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Bif powell
Humming/buzzing from under car is covered in a TSB. Have your dealer look into it.
So what's the cause for this noise? Is it the intercooler pump?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
What octane fuel are you running? If it is similar to 91 octane here in California then that might be normal for a hot day. Run some race gas with a near empty tank and you will pick up 20+ HP. If you are already running better than 91 fuel then there might be some intercooler issues.
I am runnning 91 Octane from Shell. At 79 F, the temp is not high. i think.
between my baseline run and second run, taking into the temp&humidity difference, i picked up around 15whp and 25wtq. it's bit low for a pulley&chip mod.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not stock.
no offense, but ive heard nothing but CRAP from UPsolute softwares....... I would try a relfash back to standard settings and ship the thing out to RENNtech here in FL...or something more worth your time and money.

Good Luck.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:44 PM
SPONSOR

it sounds more like they are making excuses rather than producing results...how much of a difference did you feel? what was the baseline from the car stock?

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
it sounds more like they are making excuses rather than producing results...how much of a difference did you feel? what was the baseline from the car stock?
I didn't do a baseline when then car was completely stock. The first dyno was done with upsolute software. I can definitely feel a difference by myself at both low and high speeds. by how much, hard to say. that's why i did the dyno.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
SPONSOR

I didn't do a baseline when then car was completely stock. The first dyno was done with upsolute software. I can definitely feel a difference by myself at both low and high speeds. by how much, hard to say. that's why i did the dyno.
what does the company claim that the car will gain for HP/TQ?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
what does the company claim that the car will gain for HP/TQ?
the pulley is the same size as other tuners, so it will add around 3lbs of boost. That's what they told me. So the power gain along with a ECU reflash should be at least 30whp. I have 3 pulleys for the set
Old 06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
SPONSOR

the pulley is the same size as other tuners, so it will add around 3lbs of boost. That's what they told me. So the power gain along with a ECU reflash should be at least 30whp. I have 3 pulleys for the set
you should gain 30whp from the pulleys alone....add another 15whp for the ecu, at least that is what other tuners are claiming, so if that is all that you are getting, i would get your money back and go with another setup...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
How many miles on the engine?

how many miles on the plugs/wires?

What altitude?

The is a tolerance on factory HP, so, it might 20HP, between specific cars. There may also be some variance on the dyno, but may be operator error. Some
model dynos, can give different readings.

If you do not have a real baseline, it is unknown, what you started with.

There are lots of possibilities.

Try running the dyno, with a big fan in front of the car.

Don
Old 06-05-2006, 11:48 PM

don't worry about it. go to the track and see what numbers you do.

my c32 puts out the same numbers as yours and i have the renntech chip and pulley. but i have one of the fastest c32 times out there. so even though you'd like to see numbers on the dyno, in real life, dyno numbers don't mean much if they don't translate into a faster car.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by FongFlex
don't worry about it. go to the track and see what numbers you do.

my c32 puts out the same numbers as yours and i have the renntech chip and pulley. but i have one of the fastest c32 times out there. so even though you'd like to see numbers on the dyno, in real life, dyno numbers don't mean much if they don't translate into a faster car.
just wondering did you run you dyno in the same condition as mine?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:14 PM

just wondering did you run you dyno in the same condition as mine?
i ran mine in late winter, so temp was probably around low 50's, I assume no humidity.

but as i said, don't worry about the numbers until you run your car on the track. tell me more about this custom pulley and chip - as in who manufactured it.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Ice:

Do a search under "R&D".

Than you shall have your answers.

Your car sounds like a stock C32, maybe a bit better.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBSB
Ice:

Do a search under "R&D".

Than you shall have your answers.

Your car sounds like a stock C32, maybe a bit better.
Vadim, so you think with the pulley&chip upgrade, my dyno shows i am basically a stock C32?