CAT SIM/CAT Delete...Where?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
CAT SIM/CAT Delete...Where?

Anyone know where to find a direct "plug and play" SIM adapter for the Cat-Delete setup? Somebody mentioned before about some Viper brand SIM, but heck if I can find anything. I found a generic one on ebay, but I'm not rollin the dice on that one.
I've found a ton for the EVO out there, but nothing much for any euro's...
Old 09-20-2006, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Kleeman can modify your ecu software to prevent the CE light from coming on for no cats
Old 09-20-2006, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
Kleeman can modify your ecu software to prevent the CE light from coming on for no cats
I'm tryin to go the cheap route for now without gettin into the ECU just yet. It seems every other car has the SIM for around $80 and it just plugs right in, which allows you to run straight pipe and get rid of the CATs all together.
A buddy of mine will do the work for free (trading favors) if I can get a SIM in place so the check engine light isn't goin crazy.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Try a spacer with the stock o2 sensor. Those usually work.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Try a spacer with the stock o2 sensor. Those usually work.
Where would I get that? Any ole spacer to pull the sensor farther from the exhaust? How much space is needed?
Old 09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
There are spacers made specifically for o2 sensors. I've seen them for EVOs. I think the threading on o2 sensors is standard
Old 10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Ok, update. There is no point in deleting the cats. I dynoed before and after removing both primary and secondary cats, and gained 0hp

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 AM
SPONSOR

the 'spacers' that you use for this mod are called spark plug anti-foulers...you buy 2 of them for every O2 sensor you want to mod...take the two foulers, screw them together, then put one end in your exhaust and the O2 sensor in the other end...you are now done

you can pick these up at any auto parts store pretty cheap...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 AM
SPONSOR

just to clarify the above post, you only use these on the rear O2 sensors, the fronts stay as they were...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
the 'spacers' that you use for this mod are called spark plug anti-foulers...you buy 2 of them for every O2 sensor you want to mod...take the two foulers, screw them together, then put one end in your exhaust and the O2 sensor in the other end...you are now done

you can pick these up at any auto parts store pretty cheap...
These were made specifically to space o2 sensors for this purpse. Picked em up from RRE. It sounds like using a couple plug spacers would too
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Ok, update. There is no point in deleting the cats. I dynoed before and after removing both primary and secondary cats, and gained 0hp
I assume you are talking about the stock front and rear cats vs. running straight pipe around? One thing I was told was that if you just run a straight pipe (up front) you could "lose" hp and tq. There needs to be larger diameter tubing in place of the front cats, which I assume is for backpressure.
If you are talking ZERO gain when using a high flow cat vs. a stock cat, that makes ZERO sense. The stock front cats are pretty restrictive. Freeing that up has got to make more power.
What does everyone thing? How can there be no gain?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:55 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
I assume you are talking about the stock front and rear cats vs. running straight pipe around? One thing I was told was that if you just run a straight pipe (up front) you could "lose" hp and tq. There needs to be larger diameter tubing in place of the front cats, which I assume is for backpressure.
If you are talking ZERO gain when using a high flow cat vs. a stock cat, that makes ZERO sense. The stock front cats are pretty restrictive. Freeing that up has got to make more power.
What does everyone thing? How can there be no gain?

this statement does not make any sense, you do not get more back pressure from larger diameter piping, you get less...
Old 10-05-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
this statement does not make any sense, you do not get more back pressure from larger diameter piping, you get less...
Yup.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I agree and said the same thing to the guy at exhaust pros. He attempted to explain it but it seemed backwards. I'm sure there are articles on it around. He showed me pictured of other cat delete systems that were "straight pipe" and they all were at least double the diameter of the exhaust pipe for "backpressure". I dunno?
Old 10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
SPONSOR

I agree and said the same thing to the guy at exhaust pros. He attempted to explain it but it seemed backwards. I'm sure there are articles on it around. He showed me pictured of other cat delete systems that were "straight pipe" and they all were at least double the diameter of the exhaust pipe for "backpressure". I dunno?
then you need to stay away from that exhaust shop...they have no clue what they are talking about
Old 10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
then you need to stay away from that exhaust shop...they have no clue what they are talking about
I dunno. They're the ones that talked me into going with the high flow cats vs. straight pipe. Sounds like after the dyno run it was good advice. I would like to think there is some method to their madness.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
I dunno. They're the ones that talked me into going with the high flow cats vs. straight pipe. Sounds like after the dyno run it was good advice. I would like to think there is some method to their madness.
That makes no sense. You sure as hell won't make more power with a high flow cat than with a straight/test pipe.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:35 AM
SPONSOR

That makes no sense. You sure as hell won't make more power with a high flow cat than with a straight/test pipe.
agreed!