Plug in glovebox?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Plug in glovebox?

So I noticed the aux plug for what looks like a headphone jack inside of the glove box. I picked up a male/male cable and thought that I would be able to run my iPod through there...wrong. It doesnt do anything and I can't figure out what the heck it's even for. I have the 6 disk changer and Nav. setup. There is a blank button on my head unit on the far lower left that looks like it should be for "Aux" or something but it doesn't seem to do anything. What am I missing here?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Try pushing the SERV button for a few seconds, and see if it takes you to the AUX menu.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM

Black 2002 C32 AMG
headphone jack inside of the glove box???? I need to go see this I would love to have an AUX into the stock audio system for my 02. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Originally Posted by alterego
headphone jack inside of the glove box???? I need to go see this I would love to have an AUX into the stock audio system for my 02. Thanks for the heads up!
It is there on cars with COMAND - and you have to select AUX input via the SYS button to listen to it

On newer COMAND-APS and Audio-20 systems, it often can be added - but for some while it hasn't been installed as standard. Can't remember how you select it on COMAND-APS or Audio-20 ..

R

Last edited by Richard; 09-25-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Originally Posted by Richard
It is there on cars with COMAND - and you have to select AUX input via the SYS button to listen to it

On newer COMAND-APS and Audio-20 systems, it often can be added - but for some while it hasn't been installed as standard. Can't remember how you select it on COMAND-APS or Audio-20 ..

R
I've just remembered. On Audio-20 hold down the CDC button for a few seconds. On COMAND-APS its one of the soft buttons after you press the Audio button.

R
Old 09-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
I have one too. It's the AUX input, you need to go into SYS mode to enable it. On later models, the wire to the door frame is there, but they never put in the socket.

It's one of the C-class DIY projects if you don't have one and wish to install it yourself.

This thread has all the info you need: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...od+integration
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Thanks for the info guys. I figured there had to be a way to get it into Aux mode. I'll play with the SYS or CDC crap next time I'm in the car. I'm glad it's already installed though so I don't have to to the DIY project that dchoa did. BTW great pics and install dchoa. That is exactly what I was talking about. I have that already, just need to make it work.

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2006, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Well, curiousity got the best of me and I had to run outside and check. Sure enough it was a very simple process to get it to work. All you do is plug it in, hit SVC, go to Settings, and select Aux. Thats it. Works great and not only works for the iPod, but Serious/XM recievers as well so you can get better sound and not have to run it through the FM transmitter. I'm pumped!
Nobody should waste the money on the iPod setup from Mercedes if you ask me. If you don't already have this jack, you're much better off just following dchoa's install and going that route. Put the money you save into something under the hood.
Thanks again for the info guys!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:06 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
Well, curiousity got the best of me and I had to run outside and check. Sure enough it was a very simple process to get it to work. All you do is plug it in, hit SVC, go to Settings, and select Aux. Thats it. Works great and not only works for the iPod, but Serious/XM recievers as well so you can get better sound and not have to run it through the FM transmitter. I'm pumped!
Nobody should waste the money on the iPod setup from Mercedes if you ask me. If you don't already have this jack, you're much better off just following dchoa's install and going that route. Put the money you save into something under the hood.
Thanks again for the info guys!
Sweet! thanks for the info...i found the plug today, guess i need to get something to plug into it...lol
Old 09-26-2006, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
Sweet! thanks for the info...i found the plug today, guess i need to get something to plug into it...lol
Um, how bout a portable tape deck with a aux output? I still have some great albums on tape. I might actually take my own advice on that one.ha
Glad others can get good use of this. This is a great stock feature that I'm suprised more people don't know about. Seems silly to bother with the expensive aftermarket setups.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 09-26-2006 at 12:28 AM.