C5 Corvette Vs. C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by FongFlex
I don't care much about this topic. All this talk about who's faster never gets anywhere.

Just to clarify about my times. Those times are real and without nos. I got a chip and pulley, eisenmann exhaust, renntech rims and new battery. You can just ask some other forum members who were there at the track. Running 12.3 is only under optimal conditions. I doubt I can run that time on a regular road without some sticky sticky during my launch and spare tire out of my car and low fuel tank.
Like I said, I don't think your times are fake...Just an anomaly, not the average or usual modded C32, probably even a factory freak...Which is cool..
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by FongFlex
I don't care much about this topic. All this talk about who's faster never gets anywhere.
I'm right there w/ya this talk and even all my posts are a stupid waste of time...That's why I agreed to run these cars in real life this Saturday..

The rest is pure entertainment to me + I meet contacts to actually test my car against...
Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG - in Pewter
Man, you have over 17 hundreds post on this forum, did you own a Mrec at some point or just active by nature?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by gkstar
Man, you have over 17 hundreds post on this forum, did you own a Mrec at some point or just active by nature?
No I just love to argue about my C6

Naaa I owned a 2001 S Class w/after market Supercharger, Custom paint job all 2003 AMG body upgrades, Bi-Xenons 20" wheels etc...It was a fun car for a while...Love Merc AMG styling, wish I could've afforded one of the TT 65's though...great cars...

There's plenty of pic's and my whole modding history w/it here on the forum..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Thericker
Guy..I can back my words up..I've raced people from this forum that drive faster cars than you've ever been in...Ask them I've mentioned them by name...

Your proof a lame video?? Where you claim ownership of a a slow *** F-body running a C6 stuck in the Valdez oil spill

Where's any time slips from your AMG C32? C6 Vette? or any car for that matter? Zero

Yes you are a RICER typical ricer verbage---Quote Uberrice--"I was dead even w/F430 in my srt" You probably do say this crap on other forums...

Test driving a C6 isn't any where near the same as owning one or racing one to get an Idea of what it can actually do...once again your a joke!!

There you go again stooping to Ripping on the C6 because you don't own one you lash out like a child, but in other posts you deny being the devils advocate? obviously not so...

I could play you mentally like a fiddle all day long, your a joke go back to City College and try again..... after you get a degree in something besides runing srt rice on Mercedes forums.. And lying/dreaming about owning future and present cars

As far as an 2006-2007 C6 Z06 going for 40k in 2 yrs...Not gonna happen guy, at best 49k or more...The reg 2005 C6 is still going for 36-40k, the 2004 C5 Z06 is still in the 38-40k range w/low miles of course...

You've got a lot to learn guy, pretty funny watching you stick your foot in your mouth countless times though..
Just as you mentioned its a waste of time. Do the runs and people will see those results against you not the people they bested. But keep in mind that 2morrow someone else will say they bested a C6 are you gonna race them? Some people will lose in a C6 just like in any other car what does it matter! Be happy of what you got thats all that matters. All to most American cars lose way more value then any european car. What sucks is a very expansive car still has a hard time with 2days and some of yesterday 600 and liter bikes. I remember telling a Viper owner what his car cost and after his 80k reply I said well my 10k bike will spank your ***. But I thought about it and thought to myself how arraggant and a-hole I sounded. At the end it really doesn't matter. I had raced a Viper on my R1 many years ago and after SMOKING him I really didn't get nothing out of it except proof of what I already knew. Your C6 might be a wonder but so what I am happy for you. Keep in mind if alot of us really wanted a C6 we would of bought one instead of these pricey Benzs.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by c32used
Just as you mentioned its a waste of time. Do the runs and people will see those results against you not the people they bested. But keep in mind that 2morrow someone else will say they bested a C6 are you gonna race them? Some people will lose in a C6 just like in any other car what does it matter! Be happy of what you got thats all that matters. All to most American cars lose way more value then any european car. What sucks is a very expansive car still has a hard time with 2days and some of yesterday 600 and liter bikes. I remember telling a Viper owner what his car cost and after his 80k reply I said well my 10k bike will spank your ***. But I thought about it and thought to myself how arraggant and a-hole I sounded. At the end it really doesn't matter. I had raced a Viper on my R1 many years ago and after SMOKING him I really didn't get nothing out of it except proof of what I already knew. Your C6 might be a wonder but so what I am happy for you. Keep in mind if alot of us really wanted a C6 we would of bought one instead of these pricey Benzs.
I hear ya! I know all about damned pricey benzos, I owned the notorious 2001 S class, can you say repair bills suk? air suspension failures suk etc....

Yeah I prolly will race'em if there close enough for a friendly sparring match..

Edit: All my races aren't only about what other cars my friends beat but mostly about who I've beaten from this forum..

Mario's highly modded E55, I used to beat him, now we run dead even..
Falco's stock SLK55, I beat him...

Last edited by Thericker; 01-08-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
you guys still planning on running?
i can bring a stock e55, but i would prefer to run my porsche
Old 01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_55
I'm up for whatever? waiting on Evilempire to deliver this Saturday, If he flakes, Call me Friday bro will set somethin' up Either way anyone's welcome to join us..
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
Originally Posted by AMG_55
if you can bring both.....that will be fun. I'm not sure if i can def get the E55 out.....so if you can confirm one, let meet up Can u bring out both E55 and your CS? If so....i'll get some other cars
Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 PM

Audi S4 Avant and BMW X5 4.4
I'm up for whatever? waiting on Evilempire to deliver this Saturday, If he flakes, Call me Friday bro will set somethin' up Either way anyone's welcome to join us..
we're def on for Sat......we won't flake i've been making calls.....trying to finalize and confirm which cars exactly

I've got an Audi meet in the San Gabriel Valley around noon.......so timing works out great
Old 01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by EvilllEmpirE
we're def on for Sat......we won't flake i've been making calls.....trying to finalize and confirm which cars exactly

I've got an Audi meet in the San Gabriel Valley around noon.......so timing works out great
It's on like Donkey Kong!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Guy..I can back my words up..I've raced people from this forum that drive faster cars than you've ever been in...Ask them I've mentioned them by name...

Your proof a lame video?? Where you claim ownership of a a slow *** F-body running a C6 stuck in the Valdez oil spill

Where's any time slips from your AMG C32? C6 Vette? or any car for that matter? Zero

Yes you are a RICER typical ricer verbage---Quote Uberrice--"I was dead even w/F430 in my srt" You probably do say this crap on other forums...

Test driving a C6 isn't any where near the same as owning one or racing one to get an Idea of what it can actually do...once again your a joke!!

There you go again stooping to Ripping on the C6 because you don't own one you lash out like a child, but in other posts you deny being the devils advocate? obviously not so...

I could play you mentally like a fiddle all day long, your a joke go back to City College and try again..... after you get a degree in something besides runing srt rice on Mercedes forums.. And lying/dreaming about owning future and present cars

As far as an 2006-2007 C6 Z06 going for 40k in 2 yrs...Not gonna happen guy, at best 49k or more...The reg 2005 C6 is still going for 36-40k, the 2004 C5 Z06 is still in the 38-40k range w/low miles of course...

You've got a lot to learn guy, pretty funny watching you stick your foot in your mouth countless times though..
You may have raced very fast cars, but I have been in some serious autos. GT35 powered STi. 60 trim SS. 450whp mustang GT. A couple 11 second SRT-4's. Both trap 120 plus. The STi and SS are both over 500whp. And probably the fastest car I have ever been in is a 675whp GN.

You keep on making up excuses for the C6 run. That is a ricer. He lost. He was cool with it why can't you be? I was 2 tenths and a mph behind him. If my F-body was slow, so was the C6. And would the video be lame if the C6 won? I think not.

Not ripping on the C6 in general. I just feel the 06 is a better buy. Especially if you were going to get an auto. A6>A4 Plus the 06 got the beefier rear. And a bunch of other things.

Test driving is not a big deal. Exactly! That's why I never brought it up. Thanks again for proving yet another point.

And reading>you. I have raced C6's you even seen a vid.

I understand why you are all hyped up about your C6 though. You used to own a slow tank. Now you got some power and your pumped, understandable.

And I will. I have owned quite afew cars in my only 7 years of driving. I bought my 99 Vette when I was 18. I have taken a break, due to a change in priorities.

I said 40k range. Not 40k. 49k would be included. And they are advertising brand new vettes for 39k here. An 06 Z06 with about 25-30k, will go for the 40k range, 40-49k.

And I have seen 05's in the paper with low mileage for 34,900. Its a buyers market. Cars have always been cheaper here than cali. ANd that is asking price.

Who is sticking what where?

Btw, curious why didn't you step up and just buy the Z06?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Here are some of my past time slips, where are yours?

This is what my SRT-4 did bone stock. Notice the sig....

This was vs a C5 Z06, full exhaust, intake and tune. He said 400whp on the nose. It sounded great.

Here is my dyno run on the slow T/A.

Here is a dyno of my 05 Acura RSX Type S

Dyno of one of my other SRT's

The time slip for the same SRT

See I actually run my cars, unlike you where all you run is your mouth.

Last edited by Nachtsturm; 01-09-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Ubergeist
You may have raced very fast cars, but I have been in some serious autos. GT35 powered STi. 60 trim SS. 450whp mustang GT. A couple 11 second SRT-4's. Both trap 120 plus. The STi and SS are both over 500whp. And probably the fastest car I have ever been in is a 675whp GN.

You keep on making up excuses for the C6 run. That is a ricer. He lost. He was cool with it why can't you be? I was 2 tenths and a mph behind him. If my F-body was slow, so was the C6. And would the video be lame if the C6 won? I think not.

Not ripping on the C6 in general. I just feel the 06 is a better buy. Especially if you were going to get an auto. A6>A4 Plus the 06 got the beefier rear. And a bunch of other things.
I've never been a track rat but I do have my stock LS2 dyno if you want I'll scan it? enough arguing you broke Thericker

Test driving is not a big deal. Exactly! That's why I never brought it up. Thanks again for proving yet another point.

And reading>you. I have raced C6's you even seen a vid.

I understand why you are all hyped up about your C6 though. You used to own a slow tank. Now you got some power and your pumped, understandable.

And I will. I have owned quite afew cars in my only 7 years of driving. I bought my 99 Vette when I was 18. I have taken a break, due to a change in priorities.

I said 40k range. Not 40k. 49k would be included. And they are advertising brand new vettes for 39k here. An 06 Z06 with about 25-30k, will go for the 40k range, 40-49k.

And I have seen 05's in the paper with low mileage for 34,900. Its a buyers market. Cars have always been cheaper here than cali. ANd that is asking price.

Who is sticking what where?

Btw, curious why didn't you step up and just buy the Z06?
I'm not a big bolla ....plus I get the removable roof, and more room for future power w/lower compression 6L LS2 I'm exhausted arguing w/you guy you win I'll race these guys this weekend and everyone can talk real world forget this other crap..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-09-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I've never been a track ratt, but love to street race, Enough arguing you broke Thericker till Saturday will conclude this session..

I do have my Stock Dyno sheet, if you want I'll scan and post it?

Also my Sclass wasn't that slow I beat a WRX roll-on freeway, I had an aftermarket supercharger on her...but over all yes she was a sloppy pig compared to this C6..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-09-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I hear ya! I know all about damned pricey benzos, I owned the notorious 2001 S class, can you say repair bills suk? air suspension failures suk etc....

Yeah I prolly will race'em if there close enough for a friendly sparring match..

Edit: All my races aren't only about what other cars my friends beat but mostly about who I've beaten from this forum..

Mario's highly modded E55, I used to beat him, now we run dead even..
Falco's stock SLK55, I beat him...

tell me on the repairs............my c32 been in for repairs twice since i bought it late june/july. be safe with your race guys.........its not a macho mactch its a numbers match.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
I've never been a track ratt, but love to street race, Enough arguing you broke Thericker till Saturday will conclude this session..

Man, no wonder your post count is so high. You reply so many times to nothin
Old 01-09-2007, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jgsx
Man, no wonder your post count is so high. You reply so many times to nothin
I've also been here a lot longer than you...since 2004... this is stupid I agree but great entertainment to me...I think it's better than TV...

If you multiply your current post count by 2 more years like I have guess what your right there post whoring w/me budactualy your even higher x 2 more years your at nearly 2100 post's

Last edited by Thericker; 01-09-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

Also my Sclass wasn't that slow I beat a WRX roll-on freeway, I had an aftermarket supercharger on her...but over all yes she was a sloppy pig compared to this C6..

show us please
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by c32used
show us please
Are you kidding? or serious? if serious no prob...You mean the race or my dyno?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Are you kidding? or serious? if serious no prob...You mean the race or my dyno?
the dyno...........but i would like to see race
Old 01-09-2007, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Give me a min..saving to Photobucket..
Old 01-09-2007, 01:03 AM

2002 C32 and 2009 Audi S5
Ahh come on man, not even close in the corners And you must be talking about a 1998 C5 not a Z06 model...

This stuff is old believe what you want..
Uhhh, did you understand my post?

By stating "same deal in the twisties" I was saying my 1998 C5 was better in the twisties, just like it was better at acceleration, not that the too cars were the same.

But let's face it, the C5 kinda sucked in the corners too, just not as bad as the C32.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ralleyone, I missunderstood you, got it now

Can anyone help me host my C6 Dyno? to big for Photobucket???I'll send it to you?? any takers thanks..
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
use imageshack.us

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette Vs. C32