C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Opinion on C32 as daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
yea but i mean, AMG tuned 5.4 vs 3.5.. u would expect 5.4 to be lot more thirsty for gas. My point is, i believe the C32 would have roughly the same, or even better gas milage than the C55, which is not bad at all.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C32; '02 M5; '08 328i (US)
Thanks for all the feedbacks guys!! One more question, is all '02 C32 made in South Afraica??
Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 AM

'02 C32; '02 M5; '08 328i (US)
Bite the bullet and paid deposit today.. Took it out for a spin but here's where I need help... The steering is extremely light, too light in fact for my taste, it felt just like a S-Class, is it supposed to be speed sensing? And the supercharger is lllllaggy, it's way slower compare to my bro's ex-C230K coupe, it almost felt like turbo lag.. Is it supposed to be this way???

And then, it doesn't really felt all that fast I already had my garage checked it out throughly, everything is said to be in mint condition, could there be any hidden things that won't throw a code but taking away the performance? What should I be looking at when take delivery or maybe how should I be testing it? Thanks!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by M5CLK
Bite the bullet and paid deposit today.. Took it out for a spin but here's where I need help... The steering is extremely light, too light in fact for my taste, it felt just like a S-Class, is it supposed to be speed sensing? And the supercharger is lllllaggy, it's way slower compare to my bro's ex-C230K coupe, it almost felt like turbo lag.. Is it supposed to be this way???

And then, it doesn't really felt all that fast I already had my garage checked it out throughly, everything is said to be in mint condition, could there be any hidden things that won't throw a code but taking away the performance? What should I be looking at when take delivery or maybe how should I be testing it? Thanks!!
I've never experienced supercharger lag on my 32. There are a ton of threads explaining what to look for when buying a used C32.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac

The C32 puts out most of the torque at a higher rpm than the C55. I've found that, unless I'm accelarating from a dead stop, the power takes some time to build. At around 3000 rpm and up the car seems happier.

The S/C will disengage when cruising and re-engages at 2900 rpm or 44% load.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
The steering is extremely light, too light in fact for my taste, it felt just like a S-Class,
No way, with fatter tires and heavier weight than regular W203's, the steering is quite heavy, a lot more heavier than any Japaness cars.

And then, it doesn't really felt all that fast, slower compare to my bro's ex-C230K coupe,
I don't feel lag in my C32 either what you are seeing may be the transmission lag when downshifting. Also you should follow the ECU/TCU reset procedures, if the car has been sitting in the dealership for a while, it might have adopted a very slow driving style.

There is also the ECU/pulley upgrade option.

Last edited by dchao; 03-20-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Do you feel the supercharger kick in at 2800 rpm's? If not you may have an intercooler problem. I don't think the intercooler necessarily throws out codes if it is malfunctioning. The intercooler is a common problem with the C32..

My car feels pretty heavy when turning. I have driven many other C Classes and they all seem to turn very easily, almost too easily. My car is a lot more solid..
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Almost a Member!

C32 AMG Maserati Coupe GT
Starting from stand still, push your gas all the way through the kickdown point, you should be thrown back into your seat. If you don't get that sensation, I agree, it is going to be IC pump failure. Without the IC pump, the car will feel like a C320.