C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

SOS? can u put that system in a C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
SOS? can u put that system in a C32

hey guys, i'm wondering if there is a way we can put the SOS,repair,information system in the car, i know to use the service i have to subscribe to it but is there a way to put the system in the car and get it up and running if i did go throught with it and get a subscription to it.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
all the C32's suppose to have the tele-aid feature built in. you just need to subscribe to it. I think you are better off with the AAA btw.

look up: SOS button = yes you already have it

look in the center armrest box: tool button and "i" button = yes you already have it
Old 03-27-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by FrankW
all the C32's suppose to have the tele-aid feature built in. you just need to subscribe to it. I think you are better off with the AAA btw.

look up: SOS button = yes you already have it

look in the center armrest box: tool button and "i" button = yes you already have it
sorry to say i dont have those buttons. i want to install them?
Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i don't think you can add it afterward with ease. probably ask Steve or the dealership.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
sorry to say i dont have those buttons. i want to install them?
Why in god's name would you want that? It is the most useless feature ever. Besides, the analog service is gone, you'd have to retrofit to the digital version. It will be several thousand dollars. The feature sucks and the service sucks.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Major upgrade to the Tele-aid: it's called a "cell phone".
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by jgsx
Why in god's name would you want that? It is the most useless feature ever. Besides, the analog service is gone, you'd have to retrofit to the digital version. It will be several thousand dollars. The feature sucks and the service sucks.
I was just wondering, if there is a way, and if it was not too hard to do i would have considered it. the only think i like about it is the fact if u get into an accident where ur air-bags deploy, then it can notify the police/fire/ambulance. that is the only think i like about the feature, and to what i can remember i dont think u need a subscription for that.

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Major upgrade to the Tele-aid: it's called a "cell phone".
LOL thx man for the intro to the 21th century . ya i know i have the Argos-Bluetooth in my car. But i just thought it might be cool to have.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM

More and more, there are reports in the news of the data from various black boxes in modern cars being used against their owners by insurance companies and law enforcement. SOS/Tele-aid, while limited in scope, is subject to data-mining and uses not authorized by you. Why pay for something that works poorly, adds weight and complexity, and can be used against you?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by m3_eater
More and more, there are reports in the news of the data from various black boxes in modern cars being used against their owners by insurance companies and law enforcement. SOS/Tele-aid, while limited in scope, is subject to data-mining and uses not authorized by you. Why pay for something that works poorly, adds weight and complexity, and can be used against you?
you fog a really good point and i do remember reading about that in the paper and on the web, but doesn't our car's already have that box? that can tell how fast the care was going and what was being used in the car at any given time?