C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Porting, Polishing, and Cams project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 430
Yes the cams do rock. I highly recommend them to everyone.

Please tell me you did a before and after dyno and you can share the results.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:26 AM

SLK32
Yes and no to the before and after dyno.

Yes I have a before dyno and I will do an after dyno. The "no" comes in based on the fact that I am doing a "staged" upgrade. This stage includes more than just the cams so I will not be able to isolate the gains provided by the cams alone. Part of the reason for this is that the ECU was recently tuned (it is part of this stage) for a number of mods including the cams. Not sure how dyno would look with the ECU expecting the mods and they were not installed - may or may not have made a big difference.

Plus I just don't have the time to run to the dyno everytime I am making a change this round of mods. If I had spread my upgrades out over a longer period of time I would have had more intermediary dyno runs.

As it is I have a baseline dyno from when my car was stock. I also have a dyno with the cooling mods and ASP pulleys. In the next couple of weeks I plan on hitting the dyno again which will include ECU, Cams, LET Pulleys. One of the questions for this next dyno is am I out of fuel - how lean am I running.

jgsx hit the dyno after having the cams installed and I believe he gaind 17hp on a mustang dyno. His results are posted earlier in this thread.
Old 12-24-2007, 10:27 AM

SLK32
Originally Posted by 1FASTC32
i don't know yet, i would like to go with 60 lb. injectors, just so that i have enough injector available for the twin turbos when i put them on the car...

Can the ECU control 60lbs injectors without a good bit of work rewritting all the maps?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Like most of us we are interested in seeing a dyno cause every car is different and averages are different at th rear wheel of the C32 and only you know if you got gains but people would be interested as I to see what kinds of power you are making with essentially the ASP pullies by themselves even if you have cooling mods. I recalled gaining 12 RWHP and 25 RWTQ with mine but sure feelt like alot more. It sucks cause I like others would like to know just what would be a typical gain of the LET pullies(different mm), or cams or headers alone but no chance now. One dyno on anything doesn't represent gains full posibillity. Congrats on the mods and hope you have many years of enjoyment.

P.S. I only seen one dyno on the following:

1. Shriek Cams(JGSX)
2. LET headers(1FASTC32)

There might be more but this is what I seen. AMGJerry had cams on and other mods that could create more gains from anything he installs when he installed the LET pully so his dyno would not really say numbers based on the average of non-cam users. I am trying to learn more of the possible gains these products could create but honestly since our cars don't come equal within a range of 2 hp. Its hard to compare the actual gains. I have learned that you can't believe what the websites say when it comes to power gains but these forums could provide answers. The best money you spent was doing a baseline dyno first cause even if the gains aren't much you can see that the car has gained either way. I recommend using the same dyno for your last dyno also cause it will represent best since you already been there. If with all the mods you are not satisfied with the numbers you can always go to a dyno machine that shows more but always keeep in miind that as long as the gains are increasing that you invested more on the wise side.

**BY THE WAY IF YOU SELL THE ASP PULLIES JACEK9478 MIGHT BE INTERESTED**
Old 12-24-2007, 12:31 PM

SLK32
I agree 100% that it would be very nice to have dynos for each individual mod. That was the original plan but life got in the way.

I have been to a couple of dyno days and both the SLK32's and the E55's dyno'd very consistently. If I remember correctly the SLK32's and E55's all dynod with no more than a 6hp or so variance.

It was different dynos so keep that in mind but with the addition of the pulleys and cooling mods I gained 37rwhp. I was forced to use different dynos due to the location of the original dyno.

My feeling is that the numbers are what they are. I am not interested in playing games by hitting different dynos.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Ya know I forgot you have a SLK32 and not a C32...I don't know if they are exactly 100% the same and can't argue even if you dyno different mods..but glad you got good gains with ASP pullies and cooling mods your SLK must feel like a rocket as light as that is compared to the C32.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:25 PM

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Like most of us we are interested in seeing a dyno cause every car is different and averages are different at th rear wheel of the C32 and only you know if you got gains but people would be interested as I to see what kinds of power you are making with essentially the ASP pullies by themselves even if you have cooling mods. I recalled gaining 12 RWHP and 25 RWTQ with mine but sure feelt like alot more. It sucks cause I like others would like to know just what would be a typical gain of the LET pullies(different mm), or cams or headers alone but no chance now. One dyno on anything doesn't represent gains full posibillity. Congrats on the mods and hope you have many years of enjoyment.

P.S. I only seen one dyno on the following:

1. Shriek Cams(JGSX)
2. LET headers(1FASTC32)

There might be more but this is what I seen. AMGJerry had cams on and other mods that could create more gains from anything he installs when he installed the LET pully so his dyno would not really say numbers based on the average of non-cam users. I am trying to learn more of the possible gains these products could create but honestly since our cars don't come equal within a range of 2 hp. Its hard to compare the actual gains. I have learned that you can't believe what the websites say when it comes to power gains but these forums could provide answers. The best money you spent was doing a baseline dyno first cause even if the gains aren't much you can see that the car has gained either way. I recommend using the same dyno for your last dyno also cause it will represent best since you already been there. If with all the mods you are not satisfied with the numbers you can always go to a dyno machine that shows more but always keeep in miind that as long as the gains are increasing that you invested more on the wise side.

**BY THE WAY IF YOU SELL THE ASP PULLIES JACEK9478 MIGHT BE INTERESTED**
Amen!! I for one am willing to spend $ for performance gains. Yet it is driving me crazy that these vendors sell you products or "packages" for $1-3,000 and do not even specifically mention or much less prove (with a dyno) what their products will do. Talk about a marketing mis-step. We all know there will be variances from car to car. But hell, give us 1 example!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Amen!! I for one am willing to spend $ for performance gains. Yet it is driving me crazy that these vendors sell you products or "packages" for $1-3,000 and do not even specifically mention or much less prove (with a dyno) what their products will do. Talk about a marketing mis-step. We all know there will be variances from car to car. But hell, give us 1 example!
We are not the only ones brother
Old 12-24-2007, 03:04 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
I'm excited to see what the cams and P&P do with the twin turbo setup. I bet I'll be happy.

Merry X-Mas everyone. You guys are my second family and I wish you all the best. Thanks for supporting me during my "crazy" moments.

God bless!