brabus suspension vs. renntech springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C32 Amg
Unhappy brabus suspension vs. renntech springs

I'm planning on installing suspension soon (finally) and i'm trying to avoid problems with my 3rd party extended warranty as much as possible. I'm not sure if any of you guys have heard of it..but i believe its called JM&A (apparently its really big in florida?). I hear that renntech springs are black and it would be really hard to differentiate them from OEM springs. BUT I already have full brabus suspension in my garage that i purchased used recently. What should I do???
Old 04-19-2007, 05:52 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
you pretty much answered your own question.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by cheungster86
I'm planning on installing suspension soon (finally) and i'm trying to avoid problems with my 3rd party extended warranty as much as possible. I'm not sure if any of you guys have heard of it..but i believe its called JM&A (apparently its really big in florida?). I hear that renntech springs are black and it would be really hard to differentiate them from OEM springs. BUT I already have full brabus suspension in my garage that i purchased used recently. What should I do???
the brabus suspension is not going to affect your warranty.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Renntech springs are just Euro-spec AMG springs, right?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Renntech springs are just Euro-spec AMG springs, right?
negative on that.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Spray paint your suspension black.. LOL.. I have a full brabus suspension and one dealer wouldn't fix my front bushings and blamed it on the suspension, the other dealer fixed the bushings under warranty with the Brabus suspension.. It's all in the dealer and what they report.. etc..
Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by amgmark
Spray paint your suspension black.. LOL.. I have a full brabus suspension and one dealer wouldn't fix my front bushings and blamed it on the suspension, the other dealer fixed the bushings under warranty with the Brabus suspension.. It's all in the dealer and what they report.. etc..
i asked my dealer about the CLK and doing the full Brabus package, he said he actually recommends Brabus over other tuners for the fact that they work closely with MB and it doesn't void their warranty.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by AMG BRED
i asked my dealer about the CLK and doing the full Brabus package, he said he actually recommends Brabus over other tuners for the fact that they work closely with MB and it doesn't void their warranty.
any suspension change voids the warranty. some dealers are more mod friendly which if they sell Brabus, Carlsson, Lorinser parts etc. They usually would not care if you use something that their own dealer sells.

Brabus only carry over the warranty on the parts that they installed at BRABUS certified facilities. i.e. if you have the suspension installed at Brabus they would warranty your suspension at Brabus. if you had the engine built by Brabus all engine component are under warranty by Brabus for the same period of time you have your original manufacturer warranty. say if you changed the engine at 20k miles and have 30k miles remaining on your original warranty, Brabus would carry over the remaining 30k miles warranty for your car.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Almost a Member!

02' C32 Amg
FrankW, do you know where I can find a list of places I can install my brabus suspension that would be under brabus warranty? lol..i thought of painting my suspension..do you know what kind of paint I would use if I did....
Old 04-24-2007, 02:41 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
call CEC or Brabus at Newport to find out. There are only handfull of places that Brabus recognize for install.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by FrankW
call CEC or Brabus at Newport to find out. There are only handfull of places that Brabus recognize for install.
Talk to Andreas at Newport, CA. 949.797.0177. He was very helpful with my issues and threw in some few free goodies.