C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Fuel Injector Cleaners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 AMG & 2009 CTS-V
Fuel Injector Cleaners

Quick question guys. Is it ok for us to use Injector Cleaners,... the type commonly added to the fuel tank? Read 1Fast's comments in the Renntech Stage 1 thread about dirty injectors,... thinking my C32 might benifit from a clean set of injectors as well. Thought I'd ask around first before putting a can of this stuff in the tank. If we can use this stuff,... is there a C32 friendly brand? On my way to Wal-mart in a few! Thought I'd pick a bottle up while I'm there.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Dude, I'm not trying to be an ***, but it took me about 30 seconds to come up with this link:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...jector+cleaner

It should answer most of your questions.

Try the advanced search for the key words you are looking for and you will be rewarded. Good luck
Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW911
Dude, I'm not trying to be an ***, but it took me about 30 seconds to come up with this link:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...jector+cleaner

It should answer most of your questions.

Try the advanced search for the key words you are looking for and you will be rewarded. Good luck
You're right man,... I gotta start using that search thing when I got a quick question that needs answering. Thanks for the nudge.

BTW, I picked up a bottle of Chevron Techtron. Came back to cruise through your link and BAM,... Chevron is what everyone's recommending. The bottle say good for 20 gallon tank. Our tanks are around 14 gallons I believe,... dumped the whole bottle anyway. Hope it doesn't hurt anything. Just in case, I'll top it off after I burn a quarter tank.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Seafoam works rather well.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
Mercedes only recommends 2 fuel additives: 1 is Chevron Techron Concentrate and the other is an MB branded one available from dealers (made for them by BASF) and maybe some other places. I will not use anything else, and I think if you do you are taking an unecessary chance.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Musikmann
Mercedes only recommends 2 fuel additives: 1 is Chevron Techron Concentrate and the other is an MB branded one available from dealers (made for them by BASF) and maybe some other places. I will not use anything else, and I think if you do you are taking an unecessary chance.
Don't worry I don't think I will. The more I read in here the more I think I'll stick with Chevron. Another popular additive is something called BG 44k I believe. A lot of guys are swearing by it. But they say it's expensive and a link to an automotive article accused and exposed the maker of recently cheapening the formula. So in short,... it ain't what it used to be.

I think maybe I might try Chevron's total fuel system cleaner after another couple of tanks. The stuff I just dumped is injector cleaner only!

Again,... thanks for the link Scott. Owe you one!
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by ericpd

Again,... thanks for the link Scott. Owe you one!
Hey, don't thank me. Thank the guys on this site that really know their stuff. I just read as much of this as I can. Hopefully, some of it rubs off on the rest of us.

Drive the car, enjoy the car.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Follow up

Ok,... just did my 3rd fill-up since dumping Chevron Techron injector cleaner into the gas tank. I do sense a quickening of things. I've also been using the long-term AND short-term memory in the cluster to track fuel consumption and range per tank. Range has definitely improved with just about the same pattern of driving. My long-term mpg is running was 19.1 before reset and short-term was 17.8.

The only hard evidence I can point to is that on the 2nd tank and a few hours on the 3rd tank, it's now easier to crack the rear tires. Before the techron, I could only spin the tires from a dead stand-still. Now I can rolling anywhere between 10 to 15 mph and crack the tires after squashing the pedal. I have also noticed that casual passing doesn't necessarily invoke a shift kick-down. Now it relies more on engine torque to do the job without a kick-down. All you hear now is he whin of the S/C and a steady and deliberate increase in the rpm's. Now I can almost regulate when a kick-down occurs based on pedal position,... before, a kick-down occured almost everytime I accelerated,... aggressively or not. I'm viewing all this as improvements

My dealer visits for the S/C and Intercooler where well before the Techron additive,... so I'm attributing it to Chevron. I could be wrong, and other factors may be involved as well.

Well, there's my update!
Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 AM
Banned

Chevron Techron injector cleaner is good to use and the one recommended by my dealer,I also preferred it in my car aside from my Mercedes Benz fuel filter that provides cleaner fuel intake into my Mercs.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C55
I'm doing a search on FI cleaners. Does the dealer use FI cleaner during any of the Service A's or B's? I've used Techron before on my VR6 engines and it worked pretty well. Anyone have any new opinions on which FI cleaner for the V8? (I'm curious about bg44k) Is there a prefered time to do this? ie before an oil change?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
I have used techron many times with no issues

Originally Posted by ericpd
You're right man,... I gotta start using that search thing when I got a quick question that needs answering. Thanks for the nudge.

BTW, I picked up a bottle of Chevron Techtron. Came back to cruise through your link and BAM,... Chevron is what everyone's recommending. The bottle say good for 20 gallon tank. Our tanks are around 14 gallons I believe,... dumped the whole bottle anyway. Hope it doesn't hurt anything. Just in case, I'll top it off after I burn a quarter tank.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

AMG C43, 1999
The best stuff I have used and continue to use every time I fill up my C43/55 engine is the Fuel Power blend from these guys. I also use the Lube Control in my engine and since using it in my 55 engine the rings have sealed up much nicer and so much less blow-by and no need to add oil at 1500 miles.

Try it you will be pleased.

http://www.lcdinc.com/

Jeff