C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

dual tips setup which way?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
mbfan03

dual tips setup which way?

i am gonna do the dual tip setup in the rear i have a c32. i was looking at a few diffrent ways to do it. 1 way just like the carlsson quad setup or the other setup by a fellow mbworld member pictures below. now my rear question which one is a better setup and wont lose any power from the car?
Attached Thumbnails dual tips setup which way?-exhaust-2.jpg   dual tips setup which way?-carlssonquadexsetup002.gif  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
do the carlsson setup.
the other way has the muffler positioned backwards, which restricts the correct exhaust flow.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
four tips is not enough! Put on six (or more!) while you're at it
Old 07-09-2007, 09:55 PM
mbfan03

Thanks Thats What I Thought I Will Stick With The Carlsson Setup. Any Input On The Amg Tips Being Sold On Ebay?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by mbfan03
Any Input On The Amg Tips Being Sold On Ebay?
they are nice, but pricey.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:44 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
the first pic's not Carlsson.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:15 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by rlee02135
do the carlsson setup.
the other way has the muffler positioned backwards, which restricts the correct exhaust flow.
+1 on that setup

or if u go with the C55 setup u will loose power because teh V6 engine does not have enough back pressure

that or do my personal fav. one exhaust per side

Last edited by Harry Madan; 07-10-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
or if u go with the C55 setup u will loose power because teh V6 engine does not have enough back pressure
this is a myth.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by rlee02135
do the carlsson setup.
Do what Pontiac did for years. Just bolt on two more tips under the bumper on the right side. No need to hook them up to anything since they offer no performance benefit, and all the effort to run pipes to connect them to the system just adds weight and complexity. You can go to a hobby shop and get those little tablets that make model trains puff out smoke, and put them into the dummy tips!

(Yeah, I'm down on glory pipes. AMG knew what they were doing when they funneled the exhaust into one, fat pipe.)
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by jgsx
this is a myth.
sorry i forgot to post the pic. take a look now. its not a MYTH. its the real deal. and i think i look the best on the C-class but i'm not a big fan of the bumper, i dont like the pockets in that bumper. take a look above i posted the pic on the previous post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
sorry i forgot to post the pic. take a look now. its not a MYTH. its the real deal. and i think i look the best on the C-class but i'm not a big fan of the bumper, i dont like the pockets in that bumper. take a look above i posted the pic on the previous post
reread my post. I quoted your statement about the C32 losing power with the C55 exhaust due to a lack of back pressure. That is a myth.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Do you know what you are talking about? Where is the proof that you lose back pressure? I suppose you believe that removing the resonator also reduces back pressure?

I have a c55 exhaust on my C32 and I seriously doubt there is any loss. There was no loss of power I could feel, if anything it seems faster.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM
mbfan03

i think i am gonna stick with the carlsson way. i heard if you go by the second pic i posted get a little deeper throat sound but you lose power
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 C32
Originally Posted by amgmark
Do you know what you are talking about? Where is the proof that you lose back pressure? I suppose you believe that removing the resonator also reduces back pressure?

I have a c55 exhaust on my C32 and I seriously doubt there is any loss. There was no loss of power I could feel, if anything it seems faster.
I think he mentioned in another thread that an exhaust shop told him that.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jgsx
reread my post. I quoted your statement about the C32 losing power with the C55 exhaust due to a lack of back pressure. That is a myth.
Sorry my bad, from the many post that i have read about the C55 exhaust setup on a C32, ppl have always said there is a loss of power/performance but a very little amount. they have guessed it to be due to the back pressure . but then again i could be wrong it was just something that i had read on the form, and was just forwarding what i remembered you may as well be right. it could all be a myth.

U man need to calm down, it was just a statement/view not the end of the world.
I could be completely wrong about loosing back pressure, it was just something that i had read on this form. Some other ppl have said that they have lost performance when they switched to a C55 exhaust on a C32 and some of these ppl backed up there story with a byno test. there conclusion was that it may have something to do with back pressure.
if u have the setup and feel like u have gain power good for you. i'm happy it worked out for you.
But non the less if by any chance i'm right and u do loose back pressure by taking out the resonator and or doing the C55 exhaust. then what?
and i have facts that prove that u lose back pressure when u Del. the resonator but the only catch is that its not a big enough difference, that u/car will feel. thus its over looked but non the less there is still a loss of back pressure.
remember its just a view of a person, nothing more.
try to approach it like the
jgsx
did. just up front adding more info to the story by saying its just a Myth. then it becomes a discussion not an insult or argument.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Sorry my bad, from the many post that i have read about the C55 exhaust setup on a C32, ppl have always said there is a loss of power/performance but a very little amount. they have guessed it to be due to the back pressure . but then again i could be wrong it was just something that i had read on the form, and was just forwarding what i remembered you may as well be right. it could all be a myth.

U man need to calm down, it was just a statement/view not the end of the world.
I could be completely wrong about loosing back pressure, it was just something that i had read on this form. Some other ppl have said that they have lost performance when they switched to a C55 exhaust on a C32 and some of these ppl backed up there story with a byno test. there conclusion was that it may have something to do with back pressure.
if u have the setup and feel like u have gain power good for you. i'm happy it worked out for you.
But non the less if by any chance i'm right and u do loose back pressure by taking out the resonator and or doing the C55 exhaust. then what?
and i have facts that prove that u lose back pressure when u Del. the resonator but the only catch is that its not a big enough difference, that u/car will feel. thus its over looked but non the less there is still a loss of back pressure.
remember its just a view of a person, nothing more.
try to approach it like the did. just up front adding more info to the story by saying its just a Myth. then it becomes a discussion not an insult or argument.
I am calm.. it just bothers me that misinformation is going around. I would like to see the threads you read about losing power with a C55 exhaust. Can you provide links to these many threads? To my knowledge there are only 2 c32's with a "true" C55 exhaust. Mine and Wiedermanns and he reported gaining power.

I would also like to see the "facts" that removing the resonator reduces power. I have never seen these facts either..

Not looking for an argument, I am just having a hard time believing anything you have posted.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I am calm.. it just bothers me that misinformation is going around. I would like to see the threads you read about losing power with a C55 exhaust. Can you provide links to these many threads? To my knowledge there are only 2 c32's with a "true" C55 exhaust. Mine and Wiedermanns and he reported gaining power.

I would also like to see the "facts" that removing the resonator reduces power. I have never seen these facts either..

Not looking for an argument, I am just having a hard time believing anything you have posted.
but wiedermann reported gaining power on everything...

either way the 32's pushing 3.2L and the 55's 5.4L...there's going to be exhaust volume difference. as to how much back pressure is created by the 32 and the 55 exhaust we can't tell unless we do a pressure test.

it's a fact for the 32 that reducing the back pressure you gain HP however you probably loose couple low end torque. the gain in hp/sound out weights the loss imo.