C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Pulstar Spark Plugs any thoughts anyone using them?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Pulstar Spark Plugs any thoughts anyone using them?

I've been seeing commericals for Pulstar spark plugs lately and I'm wondering if any one has any experience with them. They say they add more HP and TQ but not how much. The plugs cost $25 each so basically if I were to get them for my car it would $400. I know a lot of people on the forums like Denso. I'm just wondering how these compare and if getting these or any other spark plug will make a difference. So you all know my car is naturally aspirated.

You can check out there website at:

http://www.pulstarplug.com
Old 09-12-2007, 10:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG - RIP :(
uh....in my opinion, no plug should cost $25 each. $400 to change plugs? For what? Maybe 1 hp?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 PM

02 C32 AMG sold!
Originally Posted by 1FSTAMG
uh....in my opinion, no plug should cost $25 each. $400 to change plugs? For what? Maybe 1 hp?
How come dentists charges so much to do something so simple?
Because it fixes the problem, unless anyone has physically
tried these plugs and have evidence that the plugs are
worthless all opinions are worthless.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:30 AM

stock plugs work just fine....what makes these worth so much more?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:13 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
stock plugs work just fine....what makes these worth so much more?
Well the spark they produce is suppost to be 1 million watts vs. 50 watts of a standard spark plug. The thing is I can't find how many watts are stock plugs or Denso plugs produce? Anyway they say since the wattage is 20,000 times stronger that more of the fuel is burned in the cylinders creating more pressure in them that pushes the pistons down harder which in turn creates more power. I'm tempted to try them, but I'm just unsure.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 AM

theoretically that should work, but it depends on how much unburnt fuel is left by the stock plugs. What if there isn't much? What if the stock plugs are efficient enough to burn most of the fuel? If so, you'll have spent $400 on plugs that don't provide any benefit.

1 million watts? Sounds like putting a 5000 cfm carb on a motor that only needs a 300 cfm 2-barrel.

Know what I mean?

For $400 it better give you at least 15-20 extra hp IMO.

But go ahead and try them out. If you do, spend the extra $50-$100 to get before and after dyno runs to see if they are worth it.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
But go ahead and try them out. If you do, spend the extra $50-$100 to get before and after dyno runs to see if they are worth it.
Agreed! If you have the funds and need new plugs anway, go ahead and be our guinea pig. We thank you in advance.

Personally I think it's a load of crap. The only way they are going to produce more power (as mentioned) is if there is a bunch of unburned fuel from stock (or any other) plugs. With the right plugs, no matter the brand, there shouldn't be much unburned fuel left...at least enough to make more than 1-2hp. Even if you were to get some ungodly 10hp at the crank based on these magic plugs, you wouldn't feel it and at $400, thats a lot of gas you could have purchased vs. the supposed increase in mileage with the magical plugs.
I'm sure they are a good plug...but $25 worth? Not that cool in my book. Denso has done me just fine thus far.

More power to ya though!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:35 AM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Sounds like a bunch of hog wash to me. I would be surprised if there was any noticable difference. I like their picture of the 'standard' plug detinating vs their plug. All I though was that has to be good for our engines with all the aluminum components. Changing your dirty fuel filter and you'll probably feel more performance/response than these plugs. 1 million watts vs 50 watts? Even if it's true it's overkill.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:28 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is all marketing crap! but it obviously works, because people will try anything to get easy hp out of their cars...the fact is, there is no easy hp...

i have seen these same claims from another company about a year ago...the shop i dyno my car at fell victim to these and claimed they were going to make an extra 60hp with the same principal...

there are 2 specific reasons that they won't do anything for our cars...

1. this is generic to most modern automobiles, but does apply to our cars...we have coil packs! they are much more efficient at creating a spark than the old distributor systems...i could go into the technical side of this, but the short answer is that there is plenty of spark available with the coil packs...

2. this one is specific to our cars...we have 2 plugs per cylinder! mercedes did not do this by accident...because there is more than enough spark available for the combustion process to take place, there is nothing that is being wasted...this company obviously wants you to believe that there is precious energy being wasted, but it is simply not true...it is pure overkill if their claims even hold up to be true...

trust me, if someone buys them and makes at least 10whp after running a fresh set of stock plugs for a week, i will gladly give them $400...

i say this simply because if your plugs have more than 20,000miles on them, you probably should change them...so if you go from old plugs to any new plugs, you should gain something from them...

good luck, and i hope you don't waste $400 on these...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
I've been seeing commericals for Pulstar spark plugs lately and I'm wondering if any one has any experience with them. They say they add more HP and TQ but not how much. The plugs cost $25 each so basically if I were to get them for my car it would $400. I know a lot of people on the forums like Denso. I'm just wondering how these compare and if getting these or any other spark plug will make a difference. So you all know my car is naturally aspirated.

You can check out there website at:

http://www.pulstarplug.com
HERE YOU GO, independent company did some testing and these are their results

http://www.pulstarplug.com/pdf/dsport_march2008.pdf
Old 05-23-2008, 07:20 PM

2005 C55 AMG
I was going to chime in with a lengthy response, but there's really no need after reading Erik's response from LET. He's dead on!
In my previous race applications, I've run better ET's w/ a standard copper plug than any of the high-dollar marketing gimic plugs such as Splitfire, etc.

I'd be willing to take that same challenge on my C55 as well. I'll run a new NGK copper plug vs. the Pulstar plug, and I'll bet there is virtually no difference in either. Erik stated the basis of our ignition systems, and with 2 plugs per cylinder, I guarantee we're burning everything just fine. It's kinda' like octane. You only need as much as you need. Anything more is overkill, and can actually be detrimental.

I'd love to see independent dyno data on a C55 or even a C32 with these plugs. I'd just hate to be the poor schmuck that spends $400 on a set of spark plugs to verify it! And what if they showed a 2 rwhp gain? Would that warrant $400? I think not...
The only mod that will produce a significant gain for a small cost is; switching to a hi-flow filter such as K&N. There's 10 rwhp for $80.

Good feedback Erik!
J
Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
My take on this and I could be way off. Is a match will light a trail of gas on fire just as easy as a blow tourch I would.. get a good consistet fireing plug thats all you need
Old 05-23-2008, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by hkycoldrct
Sounds like a bunch of hog wash to me. I would be surprised if there was any noticable difference. I like their picture of the 'standard' plug detinating vs their plug. All I though was that has to be good for our engines with all the aluminum components. Changing your dirty fuel filter and you'll probably feel more performance/response than these plugs. 1 million watts vs 50 watts? Even if it's true it's overkill.
I put a million watt light bulb in my house bought from the internet and blew it up. Boom!! Insurance company told me the max was 50 watts per outlet. i KNOW LOTS OF PEOPLE who claim to have the intelligence of 1 million watts, equal to Einstein, BUT when you meet them, they are more like 50 watters.

Go ahead and buy them, give us a qtr mile review or dyno review and then we'll trash them and then evaluate them.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
I've run better ET's w/ a standard copper plug than any of the high-dollar marketing gimic plugs such as Splitfire, etc.

Yepper, thats true. Splitfire got sued big time here in IL and other places and had to back off their claims. Now, you rarely hear about them. Use the copper top, they keep going & going. Opps, thats the battery, sorry.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I posted a thread on these but 99% of the responce didn't approve of them...I say if you want to really find out get them otherwise stick with what the factory recommends.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 PM

2006 C55
I want to bring this topic back up since it seems like there was never any data proving they do work.

The price on them has come down and looking, I see there are more tests proclaiming these are the real deal.

Has anyone actually tried these yet? I'm thinking about trying these but I don't have access or time to dyno these and look for a difference. I konw having two plugs in each cylinder makes a big difference with combustion and these plugs might not benefit us that much.

I am located in near the Illinois/Iowa border. Would anyone be willing to work with me on finding out if these plugs actually make a difference? With a 30 day money back guarantee, why not give it a try?