C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Need help installing a sub with command 2.0

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 c32 amg
Need help installing a sub with command 2.0

I have a 2002 C32 with the command nav system and I want to install an amp and subwoofer. The problem is that I don't know where to pull an audio signal from. I either want to find a sub line out or pre-amp line out on the back of the nav system, a sub line or R and L speaker line that I can tap into somewhere or even how to access the line running into the sub in the rear.

If anyone has any advice or a wiring diagram for the command 2.0, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
get a JL Audio Cleansweep.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM

'02 c32 amg
I dont know what that is, can you explain a little, like how it works...Im trying to not spend much money if I can, which is why Im doing the install myself.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by steveguy
I dont know what that is, can you explain a little, like how it works...Im trying to not spend much money if I can, which is why Im doing the install myself.
The audio signal is sent over a fiber optic cable between COMMAND and the factory amp. You'll need a cleansweep to produce line outs to feed to a traditional amp.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:46 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
I managed to run an Diamond 800W mono amp to a 12 inch Boston sub without really touching the rest of the system. The one good thing about the 02 C32 (And not having a spare) is that a 12 inch sub fits perfectly in the spare tire well. This was the only option to keep COMAND functions and steering wheel controls at the time in 2002 since the cleansweep or other equivalents didn't exist yet. I can't remember how they tapped into the audio signal but all I know is that it works. However if I did it now, the cleansweep system seems like the best choice.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

they probably used an adjustable peripheral hi-low off one of the rear speakers.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 PM

'02 c32 amg
Originally Posted by DarkXerox
I managed to run an Diamond 800W mono amp to a 12 inch Boston sub without really touching the rest of the system. The one good thing about the 02 C32 (And not having a spare) is that a 12 inch sub fits perfectly in the spare tire well. This was the only option to keep COMAND functions and steering wheel controls at the time in 2002 since the cleansweep or other equivalents didn't exist yet. I can't remember how they tapped into the audio signal but all I know is that it works. However if I did it now, the cleansweep system seems like the best choice.
how does your bass sound, cuz i put my sub in and just hooked an ipod up to the amp to test it and with the back seats up i could hardly hear the bass, even though the trunk was rattling pretty badly. Do you just turn the sub way up and let it drown out the vibration sounds, or do you put the back seat down? I had the same sub and amp in my 96 c220 and i remember it sounding better...maybe its because the back seats have more sound dampening now...?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 AM

RENNtech C32 AMG
steveguy: I don't have the command in my car, so I'm not sure if this will be the same or not but, I tried to do the install myself, since I've done other cars in the past by using the Hi/Low RCA converter. I tapped into the factory sub wires. the two problems I came across, 1: when the base hit hard, the volume jumped up almost to max and the opposite when the volume was low, I couldn't hear the sub until i turned it up. I thought it may have had something to do with the ambient sound leveling system microphone. 2: where the hell do you stuff a zero gage wire through the firewall or the rest of the car for that matter??!!!
Ultimate Audio here in PHX quoted me $65 to install the system. For this kind of car, thats a sweet deal. I'd just let your local major retailer do the install for you and save the sweat/headache/pain and aggravation!
BTW it was a 12" Diamond Audio D6 sub and D6 mono amp in the factory tuned ported box. Sounded sweet!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
look at post #24 https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212894
not sure if it might help you but i do have the Comand 2.0 and BOSE