335i, dynoed, breaks 400 whp, tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jturkel
also like i previously mentioned, downpipes i have seen are 100% bolt-on (do it yourself). Also, tunes are piggyback (vishnu, jbs2, sstt, xede, AA). Both can be easily removed before bringing it in to the dealership for service so as not to void the warranty. even intercooler is bolt on.
Its nice that it bolt on and easy to install or remove but at the end of the day the average person don't want to go thru that just to get car serviced. I careless if I was to run against a modded or stock 335 I would not fear it....you make it sound very cheap to do but in reality if one seeks cheap to mod then there are American cars that would fit the bill right away....if I didn't have my C32 I would probably have a E46 M3 and if I were looking for new well turbos can be modded but so can non aspirated V8s also. But it won't make the non M series 335 an icon..at the end it all depends on what we want to be seen in.....E46 impresses me more in person.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Haha my Z does not to any 335s. But really I'm going to stop bashing AMGMark....he PM'd me to let me konw he's a lil butt-hurt.
No keep it up.. You are doing great!! I am in total shock at how brilliant you are. People must bow at your feet when you walk by.

Please excuse me for being a moron because I mentioned that my 335 handles better than my c32.. This is a C32/C55 forum right? I am so stupid sometimes I don't know where I am.. Silly me..

BTW.. you are still a douche!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK550
Originally Posted by amgmark
No keep it up.. You are doing great!! I am in total shock at how brilliant you are. People must bow at your feet when you walk by.

Please excuse me for being a moron because I mentioned that my 335 handles better than my c32.. This is a C32/C55 forum right? I am so stupid sometimes I don't know where I am.. Silly me..

BTW.. you are still a douche!

Dude, you PM me to ask me to stop bashing you....then you light the fire. I don't konw of anyone that bows at my feet when i walk by, buy you can be the first Mark. I'm going to stop pokin you becuase i don't want you to get e-mad.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Dude, you PM me to ask me to stop bashing you....then you light the fire. Go tuck in the kids old man.
Yeah then you come here and post a smart *** comment again. I guess you just didn't get enough huh?

Whatever dude.. just keep making an *** of yourself. I don't really care.

Yup, still a douche!

Last edited by amgmark; 11-08-2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Yeah then you come here and post a smart *** comment again. I guess you just didn't get enough huh?

Whatever dude.. just keep making an *** of yourself. I don't really care.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Its nice that it bolt on and easy to install or remove but at the end of the day the average person don't want to go thru that just to get car serviced. I careless if I was to run against a modded or stock 335 I would not fear it....you make it sound very cheap to do but in reality if one seeks cheap to mod then there are American cars that would fit the bill right away....if I didn't have my C32 I would probably have a E46 M3 and if I were looking for new well turbos can be modded but so can non aspirated V8s also. But it won't make the non M series 335 an icon..at the end it all depends on what we want to be seen in.....E46 impresses me more in person.

i only brought up cost b/c you said in one of your previous posts:

"At the price they will be I am sure not to many will quickly mod them especially since that modding will void warraty so just like I would think twice so would they unless they have alot of money to throw around and if thats the case why not spend it on a true M series?"

so....not sure what your stance is on price here

as far as taking things off, taking off bolton parts isnt that difficult. installed my buddy's turbo back exhaust (downpipe and catback) in less than 30 minutes. FMIC? max 30 minutes. piggyback? 20 minutes....ok so it does add up a little bit. but how often is the car going to be in the shop?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63

"At the price they will be I am sure not to many will quickly mod them especially since that modding will void warraty so just like I would think twice so would they unless they have alot of money to throw around and if thats the case why not spend it on a true M series?"

as far as taking things off, taking off bolton parts isnt that difficult. installed my buddy's turbo back exhaust (downpipe and catback) in less than 30 minutes. FMIC? max 30 minutes. piggyback? 20 minutes....ok so it does add up a little bit. but how often is the car going to be in the shop?

FWIW, the piggy back tucks in nicely under a cover by the ECU. There should be no reason to remove it when taking it to the dealer unless there is a serious problem and you don't want it found.

It literally took me 15 minutes to install.

I got mine for $950 bucks shipped and it was the best/least expensive mod I have done to any car.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
FWIW, the piggy back tucks in nicely under a cover by the ECU. There should be no reason to remove it when taking it to the dealer unless there is a serious problem and you don't want it found.

It literally took me 15 minutes to install.

I got mine for $950 bucks shipped and it was the best/least expensive mod I have done to any car.
are you planning on anything else? DPs? Catback? etc...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

When you start modding a car thing can go wrong thus making the possibility of having service work done way more often.........in my case it would cost me to have mods removed and put back.....a 335i fully loaded can be over 50k so imagine spending that kind of dough then modding it...you will most likely have a monthly note then add the price to buy the mods then the price to install it....its better to get a M imo.........if one has cash to give away then great the the average Joe doesn't. I have friends with low budget cars who spend hours upon hours on their modded cars and are never satisfied thus more money wasted at the end most owners of i/e a V6 mustang will try to vamp up their car to be able to compete with the GT v8 WHY? Should of just saved and waited and bought what you are trying to go against. I would love to see course track with a Modded 335i vs a stock E46 M3
and see if the additional wheel hp the 335i will out pace the purpose built E46 M3 on a track course with experienced drivers. To me the class our cars are in are made to complete more with that class so that being the case the E46 M3. The 335i is made to compete against the Lexus, Ifiniti and so on....its cool to have those cars out due the prior versions of this category but hey peoplw will still look at it like what it is no matter the mods you have on it.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
At this point I am not planning on adding any other mods. DP's/exhaust.

I can see C32used point about modding an expensive car under warranty.

Here is my example and you can take it for what its worth.

I didn't want to deal with my c32 out of warranty so I had to get a new ride. There wasn't a C AMG for 2007, and I definitely didn't want a regular C class. The only MB that I was considering was a CLK550, but really wanted 4 doors.

The M wasn't out either, and I have no interest in infinity, lexux, acura, honda.. etc.

That pretty much left the 335i e90 as the only viable option IMO. For less than 1000 bucks on the xede the car is faster than my c32, handles better, has every option.. bluetooth, ipod, etc.. Not a bad rental I must say! I don't see any real negatives. When the new cars roll out (M3, C63) I won't have to rush to make a choice and can get one when I'm ready.

Still miss my c32 though.. man it was a fun car.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 PM

not stock.
and THAT is why my next toy is a 135... all out on mods of course!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I think that some people are losing sight of the message here - if a new M3 is roughly $70k and will probably dyno rwhp in the mid 340s, the "smart buy" from a performance standpoint is a 135 or 335 and spend some extra $$$ on mods.

Picture a loaded 135i, forged wheels w/ good rubber, coilovers + swaybars, LSD, performance software + upgraded downpipes and exhaust... you're probably talking max $50k right? Certainly a lot of money, but it would easily spank the new M3, for $20k+ less, on the road OR the track.

Risks? Sure, plenty to consider - you might've killed your car's resale value, you might have warranty issues, etc. etc., but the point is that, with the _35i engine, BMW has opened the door for tuners to create a more focused, more potent sports car than what their M division has created, for substantially less money. A bit of a "giant-killer" from within the same manufacturer... which is the irony here, IMHO.

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 11-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
At this point I am not planning on adding any other mods. DP's/exhaust.

I can see C32used point about modding an expensive car under warranty.

Here is my example and you can take it for what its worth.

I didn't want to deal with my c32 out of warranty so I had to get a new ride. There wasn't a C AMG for 2007, and I definitely didn't want a regular C class. The only MB that I was considering was a CLK550, but really wanted 4 doors.

The M wasn't out either, and I have no interest in infinity, lexux, acura, honda.. etc.

That pretty much left the 335i e90 as the only viable option IMO. For less than 1000 bucks on the xede the car is faster than my c32, handles better, has every option.. bluetooth, ipod, etc.. Not a bad rental I must say! I don't see any real negatives. When the new cars roll out (M3, C63) I won't have to rush to make a choice and can get one when I'm ready.

Still miss my c32 though.. man it was a fun car.
Basically AMGMARK got it.....a better car will come eventually outdue prior versions no matter what you do to it and it starts all over again. Modding doesn't mean you get your money back on your expenses either....Guys it nice that the 335i can be modded to outperform many but honestly who cares. Ricers have that in mind with the way they hook up their Hondas but at the end they can only hope to recover a portion of what was added to there cars...and with the way the economy is now....lol it will only make you desperate to sell it at a way cheaper price and then where are you? Yes you can always sell your mods but everyone who is willing won't even half price....unless you put it on Ebay and lie about it actual use. Guys this is getting really off topic I want to say that I do like the 335i and the new and current M3 as well as many american muscle etc etc etc and my opinion is mine...many might think totally differently if I offended anyone sorry.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
it was a matter of time until the 3L TT engine N54 would reach that milestone with Piggy back, exhaust and 98 Octane gas.

I'm beginning to like the 135.. better starting MSRP and more rougher around th edges. .... ( Like the old M roadster and coupe) a bit ugly but powerful.

The 335 guys at the other forum are really bashing the ugly ducking 135.. cuz they know they will be start seeing 135 tail lights pretty soon.

I will only assume.. a greater % 135 owners will mods their cars.. compared to 335 owners.

The 335 .. its like the Camry of BMW. (no offense)

The 135 is like the Corolla with *****...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
The 335 .. its like the Camry of BMW. (no offense)

The 135 is like the Corolla with *****...

Of all the cars I've ever owned, this was my favorite:

No joke (it was even that color!). I've had a bunch of BMWs, various Toyotas and of course a C32 - yet none of them were as much fun to toss around as that old RWD Toyota with a 5MT and an engine you could beat on. I even took that car off road, to the total surprise of my truck-driving friends.

I for one am anxiously awaiting the 135i. I see a Qauife LSD, coilovers and Vishnu on the horizon...