C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

aftermarket sound system question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Adi_V
You could try doing what i did.. I disconnected the mosfet chip in the stock head unit, ran rca's to an equalizer, then to an amp powering the stock speakers and another amp for the rear aftermarket sub.. I have an eclipse sw9 ten inch.. the bass is way past overkill and is getting annoying ( level controller for the sub is broken.. after i lent the car to a freind). but i guess its what appeals to you guys in the states..
adding a seperate amp for the speakers has most def improved the sound quality... worth doing..

I have pics on my install on a previous thread..
link: https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...64#post2136064
I think he's looking for the simplest way of adding the sub. Your method would be left for the more skilled installer, even though the JL Clean Sweep or the Rockford Fosgate 360 would be used as a much cleaner, and less involved method. Besides, you already know it's not that simple to pop the radio out in our cars!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:15 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
thanks. so all i need is those RCA lineout converters if i want to keep my stock head unit?
yup, thats it!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by calimax
yup, thats it!
thanks!
Old 12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 C32
Originally Posted by calimax
The CD Changer is the only other fiber optic stereo component in the car, and not the speakers! Thank the Mercedes GOD for that one!!
It's fiber optic from the head unit/deck to the Bose amp in the trunk too. calimax is right, it's possible put the amp for the sub in without a Cleansweep.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 AM

RENNtech C32 AMG
Originally Posted by jgsx
It's fiber optic from the head unit/deck to the Bose amp in the trunk too. calimax is right, it's possible put the amp for the sub in without a Cleansweep.
oops! my bad! I forgot about that one. I try to stay the hell away from any BOSE amp as they cost an arm and two ***** to replace! My first experience was with shorting out the amps in the Maxima. Each speaker had its own amp and they went for 250 each, used! and this was for a 1995!
Old 12-02-2007, 05:43 PM

07 E550, 02 C32, 91 300E
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yep that's how mine is set up. Focals are great though, we have them in the 07 E and they sound awesome. Everyone at the car audio place is raving about them too. Also have the same Boston sub in the new E, as the old E, and the C, since we got a lot of 4 of them off Ebay back in the day. But the 07 E has a custom enclosure that sits right behind the back seat and takes up hardly any trunk space since it actually came with a spare tire. That wasn't possible for the C since because of the folding rear seats.

As for worring about drawing too much power, that isn't a concern with a good enough cap. My C's Diamond amp is rated at 800W at 2 ohms @ 12V (running 400W RMS at 4ohm), so that rates to a peak of 66amps total current draw (using a little V=IR and P=IV math), and I have no dimming/powerloss/etc.