Just get it ALL in writing, before you even think of handing them your key
Old 01-03-2008, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by evilsaint
Just get it ALL in writing, before you even think of handing them your key
+1000000000

So far, what they're offering is very reasonable. However, ask them (nicely if you have to) that you would still like this to be in writing so that you have a documented proof of the whole event or at least get a copy of the job order that they will submit to Rims Pro. Other than that, I think this turned out okay......
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Should I also get in writing of the rims do not come out correct that I want new ones or them refinshed again? Or is that pushing it to far?

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1000000000

So far, what they're offering is very reasonable. However, ask them (nicely if you have to) that you would still like this to be in writing so that you have a documented proof of the whole event or at least get a copy of the job order that they will submit to Rims Pro. Other than that, I think this turned out okay......
Old 01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Should I also get in writing of the rims do not come out correct that I want new ones or them refinshed again? Or is that pushing it to far?
I would just tell them to put in writing that they will re-condition the rims to satisfactory condition (pre-damage condition). Then if later, the job is not done right, we'll have something in writing (which is a strong hand) to play with

But I seriously doubt they will screw it up especially after all the trouble you're causing them. Good work....
Old 01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
So I got a call right back. He said he did not tell the manager who was not very happy about that. He said he is the assistant manager and thought he would just handle it.

So anyway he said I can bring the car there and leave it. They will remove the wheels and send them out to Rim Pro for me. He said I can have a loaner while the car is out of service.

My only concern is the rims are never going to be the same. But I have heard Rim Pro is pretty darn good.

Anything else I am missing or should mention. I would rather have new rims but I do not think they will go for that.

Bud4ya if they are doing all 4 rims then what more can you ask for? Refinishing done right is just as good IMO. I am glad you are getting things resolved
Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM

I agree if they fix them I am good.
When I said what else should I ask I meant to have in writing not more stuff. I have to call him now. I will let you now how I make out. They have been real good about this so far. When I mentioned Rim Pro he said no problem.

Originally Posted by c32used
Bud4ya if they are doing all 4 rims then what more can you ask for? Refinishing done right is just as good IMO. I am glad you are getting things resolved
Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 PM

Spoke to the SA and he will put in writing what happened and my approval of the rims when they return. He said I will also have a loaner during the process .

So everything seems on the up and up. Will let you guys know when I drop the car off and get it back.

Looks like I will drop the car off in the next week or two.

Seems to good to be true so we will see.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Spoke to the SA and he will put in writing what happened and my approval of the rims when they return. He said I will also have a loaner during the process .

So everything seems on the up and up. Will let you guys know when I drop the car off and get it back.

Looks like I will drop the car off in the next week or two.

Seems to good to be true so we will see.
Great news, I'm glad this worked out for you........

Hopefully, this will teach them to be very careful with your rims (or anybody's rims for that matter) next time they need to handle them
Old 01-03-2008, 06:31 PM

Those scratches on the top part of the bumper are still bothering me but I will get over it. I may still just mention it once this is over just so they are aware. I do not want it fixed because that just leds to further problems. Maybe they will take better care of the next persons car.

Thanks all for your input it helped

Great news, I'm glad this worked out for you........

Hopefully, this will teach them to be very careful with your rims (or anybody's rims for that matter) next time they need to handle them
Old 01-04-2008, 08:18 PM

2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Good work.

Be sure to post once the work is done so we know how it turns out.

Before and after pics would be nice.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 08:14 PM

I will

Originally Posted by paulybagadonuts
Good work.

Be sure to post once the work is done so we know how it turns out.

Before and after pics would be nice.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CLS55 AMG
Sorry for the late .02, But also make sure that the shop is going to put a clear on the wheel.

About 2 years ago, I picked up my 745 from service in the rain, i check out the car in the am and noticed my front right wheel had a large blue scratch and chip. i brought it back the next am argued with everyone and they gave me some bs thats it's the primer color of the wheel. I told them they could take a screwdriver and scratch another wheel. but first i wanted them to tell me what color lifts they had. it was blue heh. they repaired the wheel, it looked good as new. but then about 1 week later after brake dust accumulated on it i noticed the bad paint job on them. no clearcote. so i brought them back and they gave me a new one with some arguing. so make sure it has a clearcote and a full paint job, not just applied onthe damaged area, and a full clearcote. (or whatever they use to seal the wheel)

A few mons later i noticed a large commercial van outside the dealer, it was some fix a wheel company. they fix them right in the back of this van. what a bunch of amateurs.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:20 AM

Thank you for the input. I will ask them if they plan on repairing the whole wheel or just the lip. They agreed to send them to rim pro for me. They were first going to have some guy come in and do it in 4 houres and I said no way. What I will do is call Rim Pro once they recieve the wheels and go over that with them.

Thanks Again

Originally Posted by Jocampo
Sorry for the late .02, But also make sure that the shop is going to put a clear on the wheel.

About 2 years ago, I picked up my 745 from service in the rain, i check out the car in the am and noticed my front right wheel had a large blue scratch and chip. i brought it back the next am argued with everyone and they gave me some bs thats it's the primer color of the wheel. I told them they could take a screwdriver and scratch another wheel. but first i wanted them to tell me what color lifts they had. it was blue heh. they repaired the wheel, it looked good as new. but then about 1 week later after brake dust accumulated on it i noticed the bad paint job on them. no clearcote. so i brought them back and they gave me a new one with some arguing. so make sure it has a clearcote and a full paint job, not just applied onthe damaged area, and a full clearcote. (or whatever they use to seal the wheel)

A few mons later i noticed a large commercial van outside the dealer, it was some fix a wheel company. they fix them right in the back of this van. what a bunch of amateurs.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by Jocampo

+1

Bud4ya you sound like a person who really value your money so make sure its done right or get a new rim/s all Stealerships love to get a quick cheap method of fixing issues caused by them. It goes down to making the money and not having to use part of it to fix damaged caused by their store.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:59 PM

That is why I am going to call Rim Pro when they get the rims. I do not want the MB dealership to say fix them the cheapest way possible. I will probally have them done in the next couple weeks

+1

Bud4ya you sound like a person who really value your money so make sure its done right or get a new rim/s all Stealerships love to get a quick cheap method of fixing issues caused by them. It goes down to making the money and not having to use part of it to fix damaged caused by their store.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
That is why I am going to call Rim Pro when they get the rims. I do not want the MB dealership to say fix them the cheapest way possible. I will probally have them done in the next couple weeks
Even if they don't, we got them in writing now If they fix the rims poorly, all we have to do is take pictures of all the imperfections, document it, then go back to the dealer with a very strong hand
Old 01-15-2008, 03:10 PM

I need some guidance here please. I am susposed to bring the car into the dealer Friday to have the rims sent out for repair. I told the advisor I want in writing what they did and if the rims are not repaired to my satification they will be replaced. He has yet to answer the question on putting in writing what they did. Here was his response. How would you reply? I am pissed right now so I did not reply. Those jerk off's damaged my perfectly good rims and now want to be an *** about it. I still to this day have not received a call from the manager apologizing for this which still ticks me off. Here was his e-mail to me:

I was just reviewing all of this with management here. We obviously want to repair your rims to your satisfaction. However, my management is unwilling to draft a letter agreeing to replace your rims if they are not repaired to your satisfaction. We have worked with Rimpro for many years and have every confidence in them. If, for some strange reason, you are unhappy with their repairs, we will send your wheels back again until they are repaired properly.
Thanks,
Old 01-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 VW CC
Having dealt with dealerships on many levels I think these guys are being very fair. I understand them not wanting to put in writing that the repair will be to "your satification", since that is a very subjective term.

On a side note -- I know the people at Rim Pro very well. They will do a great job and you will have nothing to worry about. There is nothing wrong with the wheels other than cosmetic damage. They will fix it 100% and you WILL be happy!

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by BrabusMan
Having dealt with dealerships on many levels I think these guys are being very fair. I understand them not wanting to put in writing that the repair will be to "your satification", since that is a very subjective term.

On a side note -- I know the people at Rim Pro very well. They will do a great job and you will have nothing to worry about. There is nothing wrong with the wheels other than cosmetic damage. They will fix it 100% and you WILL be happy!

Good luck!
+1

I would find a way to word it where it gives Stealership a right to replace with other identically surfaced rims but in good balance condition. Or to word it in a way that "your satisfaction" equals nothing more then same condition prior to damage dealship caused and that if Rim Pros work starts to peel in short time then you will be either conpensated via another rim refinishing or other like conditioned rims thru dealer.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
+1

I would find a way to word it where it gives Stealership a right to replace with other identically surfaced rims but in good balance condition. Or to word it in a way that "your satisfaction" equals nothing more then same condition prior to damage dealship caused and that if Rim Pros work starts to peel in short time then you will be either conpensated via another rim refinishing or other like conditioned rims thru dealer.
I agree..... at least make them put in writing that they will fix the rims to your satisfaction, and if the repair is not satisfactory, then they will continue to keep fixing the rims until they are satisfactory (in the condition they were before the damage).
Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 PM

I will have them put in writing what happened and they will send them back to be fixed if they are not right. i am sure they will be fine. Come to think of it I have it in his e-mail already they will send them back if they are not write. Now I am going to tell them they can also credit me the money for the install. I did not want to get into a pissing contest but I will if need be. Bottom line I brought them in a car in great condition and it left there not in the same condition.

Thanks

I agree..... at least make them put in writing that they will fix the rims to your satisfaction, and if the repair is not satisfactory, then they will continue to keep fixing the rims until they are satisfactory (in the condition they were before the damage).
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Sorry to keep pounding this issue to death. But this was going to be my response can you guys give me the thumbs up or down. Or should I just say ok no need to have this in writing and let them do their thing. What pisses me off is the Service Manager has never called once and apologized for this which I do not understand.

Here is what I was going to send:

You have been more than corporative to deal with. I feel bad you have to be the liaison here. I am sure you have better things to do as I do. So this is not targeted towards you. What angers me is I am having to argue about what I feel is fair for the damage that was done to my car. I do not want this any more than you do. If the Service Manager wants to draw a line in the sand with a customer that received an AMG back in not the condition it was left in then that is their decision. I am in customer service/sales myself and would not take this course of action with one of my clients but that is me. I do appreciate them mentioning the rims will be sent back if they are done correctly. I have heard nothing but good things about Rim Pro so it should be fine. I just ask them what they would do if this happened to them. I am sure they would not say no big deal I do not want anything in writing. I am just trying to protect myself here as the dealer is. Bottom line is I value what I own and try my best to keep it in like new condition.

When I leave my car for service I do not expect to receive it back with damage. It is just a shame that we both have to waste our time on this over someone’s else’s carelessness. I would rather be enjoying the car then dropping it off again.

When I brought my car in for service all I expected was to pay for the service and be on my way.

I have owned many higher end cars (BMW’s, Audi’s) and this is the first time I have received my car back damaged.

Since we are drawing lines in the sand I have a couple.

1) I want in writing the damage to my car
2) Refund me the cost of having the tires installed

If this works please let me know and I will see you at the end of this week.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
After reading it I still felt like I was being pressured into something even though my establishment did cause the damage. It sounds like you are trying to put a guilt trip on me...I think it sounds fair but acting as a dealer I will still try to fight it...I say just have them repair the rims with Rim Pro but to guarantee the work so if something goes wrong you are covered and your rims will be re-repaired and make sure they provide a loaner for free.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:50 AM

I guess I am just ticked about the customer service. I am in sales and if one of my sales folks came to me and said hey we screwed up someones network I would not dream of saying to the sales person oh just call them and tell them we will do the bare min to make it right. I would have that phone in my hand speaking with the customer and assuring them this will be resolved and we are so sorry.

I will let you know what they say. I had a feeling this was going to turn into pissing contest. I basically told him TY for saying you will send the rims back to be repaired if they are not right BUT I want that in writing. If you do not want to put in writing you will replace tehm with new ones I understand that.

When I get done with these guys I may have to find another Benz dealer in the area which is about 45 mins away.

After reading it I still felt like I was being pressured into something even though my establishment did cause the damage. It sounds like you are trying to put a guilt trip on me...I think it sounds fair but acting as a dealer I will still try to fight it...I say just have them repair the rims with Rim Pro but to guarantee the work so if something goes wrong you are covered and your rims will be re-repaired and make sure they provide a loaner for free.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
I used to work with Comcast as a field construction personal required to deal with customers face to face for contractor issues and I not only calmed the situation down but if system wasn't up I would do it myself no matter how long it took or if I got paid...well last week my comcast modem went out and it took my home phone with...needless to say after many issues with CS and promises to fix...it took 4 days to swap out the modem and relink everything. I was very upset cause I knew that they could send someone out if they really wanted to the first day/night......not all companies trully care what they do for us after the money has been paid. I had a previous issue with a noticable dent and scatch occurred at a Dealer in Chicago but they tried everything to resolve the issue and they did with maybe loosing about 200-300 from the warranty work they did. But everything looked great and SC even thru in new C32 carmats cause one was lost at about 40 out the door. In this forum many had exceptional luck with the Dealer many others haven't just be glad that you have a SC that is willing to work with you. Having it in writing is nice but email is legal to unless it states otherwise so Bud4ya don't let others guide you thus making you angrier with your CS you sound very educated and I think you can handle it without our input. Which makes it more demanding.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer Scratches Rims