C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

<Planning to have the head and intake P&P by Extrude Hone> Any comments? thanks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
<Planning to have the head and intake P&P by Extrude Hone> Any comments? thanks!

Came across this port and polish process for long. do you guys think this mod will help a lot? Anything that needs to be changed after P&P as well.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM
SPONSOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think you would be better served by just having the heads ported and polished by a qualified shop...although you might want to read through AMG-Jerry's thread before you go that route about porting the heads...

Extrude Hone will not really help in our application because we do not have an Intake Manifold where you have areas that can not be reached by hand...i ported everything on my supercharger and intake runners myself by hand...
Old 01-08-2008, 11:33 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by cnchung
Came across this port and polish process for long. do you guys think this mod will help a lot? Anything that needs to be changed after P&P as well.

Thanks in advance
You will need more boost.

Let me know if you want some ported heads. I will sell you mine.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

Thanks in advance

AMG-Jerry did extensive work to his car including this thread for port and polishing hopes it help...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/187627-porting-polishing-cams-project.html
Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM

C32
Thank you so much for all of you. You guys run superfast C32s and I am impressed with what you guys have done.

Erick - Thanks for your advise, unfortunately, i dont really know if there are any qualified person for this job in Hong Kong. But anyway, how different was your car after the porting and polishing, did it really make a great difference, how much was gained. Thanks

AMG Jerry - can you pls PM me a few pics of your ported heads. Thanks

C32used - Thanks for your info, I will look into it. Thanks

Went through a couple of BMW forums and the 335i are running real real fast.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Thank you so much for all of you. You guys run superfast C32s and I am impressed with what you guys have done.
Porting and Polishing the heads may be a little risky method of gaining the extra power. AMG-Jerry is probably the best person on this forum to give you more input about the project, as he went through the whole thing not too long ago. For now (or at least until this subject is researched more), I would go with the following mods before thinking about porting and polishing:

- Bigger LET pulley (very nice design and high quality).
- LET Headers (proven on the dyno).
- SL55 splitter, SL55 intake boxes (with K&N filters), SL55 tubes.
- Performance Spark Plugs & Wires.
- LET or Code3Performance Heat Exchanger.
- Johnson Marine CM30 Pump (until someone makes a better one).
- Kleemann Cams (made specifically for the C32).
- EvoTech or RennTech custom ECU tune.
- RennTech monolight 18" rims or other high performance light weight rims (big weight savings and extra whp on the dyno).
- Other weight saving parts (Brembo rotors, carbon fiber hood, etc.... )
- Wait for LET Twin Turbo project to complete (hurry up guys ).
- Evosport NOS Kit for C32 (I think gives +60 hp shot) and I think they can boost it to a 100 if you really want to go extreme

Then you'll truely have the ultimate C32 around

I almost had all these mods myself minus the NOS and cams. I was so close to purchasing the Kleemann cams to complete my car's transformation, but I just had to go and test drive a freakin E63 with Performance Package

Good luck........
Old 01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Porting and Polishing the heads may be a little risky method of gaining the extra power. AMG-Jerry is probably the best person on this forum to give you more input about the project, as he went through the whole thing not too long ago. For now (or at least until this subject is researched more), I would go with the following mods before thinking about porting and polishing:

- RennTech monolight 18" rims or other high performance light weight rims (big weight savings and extra whp on the dyno).
- Evosport NOS Kit for C32 (I think gives +60 hp shot) and I think they can boost it to a 100 if you really want to go extreme

I almost had all these mods myself minus the NOS and cams. I was so close to purchasing the Kleemann cams to complete my car's transformation, but I just had to go and test drive a freakin E63 with Performance Package

Good luck........
agreed...
Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

Good luck........
Why do all this when we can go 0-60 in 2 seconds by launching off an aircraft carrier!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by hkycoldrct
Why do all this when we can go 0-60 in 2 seconds by launching off an aircraft carrier!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by hkycoldrct
I wonder if that can be modded to bring down the time to 1 second
Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 AM

C32
Thank you all for the input.

I already have the LET HE sitting on the table, parts waiting is the 185 LET pulley, and the ECU tune, look forward to the pulley Erick!!!

I think the Kleemann Cams are attractive, before looking into this, I need to finish up reading the post on Porting by AMG-Jerry. Still a long way to go.

I have the complete SL55 intake sitting in my house. The car came with this thing when i bought it used (Likely, the last owner had parted out pullies and stuffs). I did not put it back on because it doesn't fit too well. Anyone have pictures of SL55 intakes nicely fitted onto a C32 for my reference.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Thanks in advance
Hey there cnchung:

As many wise people here have already stated. Your money, and time, would be better off spent elswhere my friend. IF, and I REALLY mean IF, you want to proceed with this, I would HIGHLY suggest buying them off Jerry. He has spent buckets full of money on his project, and with the stock blower, YOU WILL NOT SEE THE GAINS I FEEL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HERE. Our blowers are already pretty near there tolerances, ie speed, so you will NOT be able to pick back up the boost, due to volume and speed issues, to make spending this kind of money wise.

GOOD LUCK

See yeah

PS: Think NITROUS for the gains you want, it will be ALOT cheaper my friend.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
PS: Think NITROUS for the gains you want, it will be ALOT cheaper my friend.
And tons of fun!!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
SPONSOR

Thank you all for the input.

I already have the LET HE sitting on the table, parts waiting is the 185 LET pulley, and the ECU tune, look forward to the pulley Erick!!!

I think the Kleemann Cams are attractive, before looking into this, I need to finish up reading the post on Porting by AMG-Jerry. Still a long way to go.

I have the complete SL55 intake sitting in my house. The car came with this thing when i bought it used (Likely, the last owner had parted out pullies and stuffs). I did not put it back on because it doesn't fit too well. Anyone have pictures of SL55 intakes nicely fitted onto a C32 for my reference.

Thanks in advance.
Fred,

send me an email on the cams, i have some info for you on that...
Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Manyou guys are the source of mod bug, all this crazy hp talk and upgrades drives me nuts.