Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK32
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Thanks for the update Jakpro1

See yeah
It is a shame to hear that EE is now out of business.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Who is LET using now to do ECU tunes for their pulley set up?

Wonder why he said everyone stabbed them. I could see if it was one or two people ( Happens) but saying everyone means there must of been a lot of unhappy customers I would guess.

See yeah
Old 02-08-2008, 01:15 PM
JKK
Almost a Member!

Audi AS4
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
+1

RennTech has always stood behind their products. Yes there has been a couple of problems that rose in the past, but seems mainly due to faulty installs rather than a bad product. I've personally purchased RennTech products for my friend's SLK32 and I can attest to the quality and durability of the build. I know they are the most expensive tuner (which drives most people away), but they spend a big chunk of money on R&D to minimize such incidents.

RennTech's owner has worked as the AMG head technical director for 15+ years, and just recently they became the only authorized North American Dealer for the Mercedes-McLaren SLR 722 GT, so I know they're in bed with Mercedes and have close relationship with AMG, which makes them a very valuable tuner.
Hopefully everyone on this forum will learn a valuable lesson. Adding more performance to your vehicle will always be a risk. The best thing anyone can do would be to do some homework. Based on my experience there will always be companies that can offer less expensive products, however; this usually means a lesser quality product. Most of the smaller brand name “tuners” typically purchase the parts from the “big” tuners and reverse engineer (copy) the products. Without spending the money for real development they have less to recoup and therefore can offer “similar” products for less.

Buyer be aware! Decide what you would like to do to enhance your vehicle, find a reputable tuner / manufacture that makes all of the products you are interested in, and then find an authorized shop / installer that is also reputable to assemble your monster. Adding performance is risky as is but when people start mixing products your risk is compounded. Even reputable tuners / manufactures cannot stand behind their own products when mixed because it is impossible to anticipate the outcome with all of these variables. The days of coming up with your own “hot set up” by mixing products are long gone. Sorry but this is a fact.

The good news is that there are still a number of excellent tuners / manufactures out there that can make a great car even better.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Really? Whenever I've researched it personally, I've found that the european-based tuners are significantly more expensive than RennTech, whenever I've looked at "apples-to-apples" products from both. Brabus, Kleemann, etc. Don't specifically know about Carlsson, Lorinser, or MKB, but I'd assume they tend to be as well.
You're right. I was referring to the U.S. market. If you include world-wide markets, then Brabus would be the most expensive out there. However, Lorinser, Carlsson, and Brabus focus more on looks. They tend to spend a lot of resources making body kits, rims, interior, bumpers, etc.... which are excellent products by the way, but focus more on cosmetics than performance.

The true power houses are Kleemann, RennTech, MKB, etc.... RennTech's ECU upgrade for E55 used to be almost $4k while Kleemann's was $3k and MKB was $2k. The prices are a little lower now but not by my much.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport

See yeah
Seriously? Did EuroElites go out of business?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Starting this thread did not help.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Seriously? Did EuroElites go out of business?
NO!!!

I have it on VERY good authority that the post on the E55 section was bogus, and has since been removed I might ad. EE is still in buisness

See yeah
Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Who is LET using now to do ECU tunes for their pulley set up?

Wonder why he said everyone stabbed them. I could see if it was one or two people ( Happens) but saying everyone means there must of been a lot of unhappy customers I would guess.

LET Motorsports will continue to use Evotech as our primary tuner. They have tuned many vehicles on this forum alone, some of them being good friends of mine. They continue to offer competitive pricing and their tunes put the needed power to the ground.

The base maps that Evotech uses for the Bosch ME2.8 (C32, SLK32, E55, and more) are solid. There is no proof that the Evotech tune caused any issues with E55's, C32's, SLK32's, etc. There is a higher risk if you choose to tune the TCU and the newer 65 cars and customers should be warned.

As far as these guys saying that an Evotech tune blew their motor is outrageous. Some guys are saying that they were running 30+ degrees of timing. I have a Renntech tune and I hit 30+ degrees on my way to work everyday. My car has over 30,000 tuned and abused miles on it as of now. The only way to prove that it was the ECU tune is to read out the Evotech tune from one "blown" car and compare it to a known good Evotech tune.

Could it happen? Yes. Did it? We may never know.

It's sad that the world had to find out the way they did. Also, I do not feel that it was right of everyone to expect EE to post in that thread. It was none of our business what they were / are going to do for anyone else.

I believe in these forums and they provide a great place for feedback about a specific company or product. I do feel that anyone that has / had an issue with a specific company should post their experience for everyone else.

It takes a lifetime to build a solid reputation and only a few minutes to destroy it.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM

Sounds good. From everything I have read and heard LET has top notch service and products.

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
LET Motorsports will continue to use Evotech as our primary tuner. They have tuned many vehicles on this forum alone, some of them being good friends of mine. They continue to offer competitive pricing and their tunes put the needed power to the ground.

The base maps that Evotech uses for the Bosch ME2.8 (C32, SLK32, E55, and more) are solid. There is no proof that the Evotech tune caused any issues with E55's, C32's, SLK32's, etc. There is a higher risk if you choose to tune the TCU and the newer 65 cars and customers should be warned.

As far as these guys saying that an Evotech tune blew their motor is outrageous. Some guys are saying that they were running 30+ degrees of timing. I have a Renntech tune and I hit 30+ degrees on my way to work everyday. My car has over 30,000 tuned and abused miles on it as of now. The only way to prove that it was the ECU tune is to read out the Evotech tune from one "blown" car and compare it to a known good Evotech tune.

Could it happen? Yes. Did it? We may never know.

It's sad that the world had to find out the way they did. Also, I do not feel that it was right of everyone to expect EE to post in that thread. It was none of our business what they were / are going to do for anyone else.

I believe in these forums and they provide a great place for feedback about a specific company or product. I do feel that anyone that has / had an issue with a specific company should post their experience for everyone else.

It takes a lifetime to build a solid reputation and only a few minutes to destroy it.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:23 PM

SLK32
I am a very happy LET customer and I am happy with my Evotech tune.

A dyno is overdue but I am waiting on 1 remaining part in my performance "package" befure I hit the dyno again.

Glad to hear that the runor about EE being out of business is false.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I have it on VERY good authority that the post on the E55 section was bogus, and has since been removed I might ad.
Bogus my ***!!! I sure as hell am not going to allow my name to be dragged through the mud in this nightmare.

I received an email right from the source and then it was demanded of me by that same source to take the thread down so I removed the thread.

Your VERY good authority should get his facts straight.

You can flame all you want and I am not going any further commenting on this disaster. Just glad it's over or will be soon.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM

Wished i lived in a place near these guys so I could get the car fine tuned when needed.

Here in NH there are not many choices

Originally Posted by 430

A dyno is overdue but I am waiting on 1 remaining part in my performance "package" befure I hit the dyno again.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by 430

It is not a rumor. Jakpro1 is one of the most respected members on this board and I do believe him if he said Euro Elites are closing down.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Honestly we are adding to all this by even inputting in it we could be mislead by either and wouldn't know it....so lets let EE and the OP of the thread in the E55 forum...deal with their issue please...like AMG-Jerry said it takes minutes to ruin a reputation...
Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by c32used
Honestly we are adding to all this by even inputting in it we could be mislead by either and wouldn't know it....so lets let EE and the OP of the thread in the E55 forum...deal with their issue please...like AMG-Jerry said it takes minutes to ruin a reputation...
I think you're right, people are slandering each other and bringing too many off topic situations into this.

I will close this thread and let it be.......
Old 02-08-2008, 05:13 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
Don't get the ASP pulley, the quality of the build is terrible. I would stick to RennTech or Kleemann.
I agree regarding the ASP pulley. From the pictures I've seen and the welds, I don't understand how anyone in favor of saving some money, would intall that on a car like this. With regards to the Renntech or Kleemann pulley, for the 55 Kompressor, they both just modify a factory pulley (elastomer damper) and pin on an enlargement. I compared the Kleemann, Renntech and Evosport pulley back when I had my E55 and there's no question the Evosport pulley was by far the best quality (friction damper). It's a complete new pulley from the ground up. This certainly doesn't talk to reliability as I'm sure they're all pretty reliable (mine has been solid!) but I just feel like I got a better product for my money, not a cheaper product for the same or less money.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Thread Closed

** Thread closed at thread owner's request. **