Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black on Black stock ' 03 C32
Driver Seat Electrical Problems

Hello all.
My driver seat has two probs:

1) The headrest adjustment may or may not work, whenever it feels like, usually not.
2) The heater for the driver's seat does not work at all.

All fuses have been checked out ok, in the process of troubleshooting my amp that died last week.

Are these two problems related? Are they more expensive to fix than worth it to have heat and adjustment? The headrest adjustment I can live without because it's in the right position already, but the heated seat would be nice.

Also, I am looking for an amp to replace mine. The Bose unit in the trunk has no sound. Just sits there and clicks. Any recommendation on a replacement unit/repair shop?

Thanks,
T
Old 02-07-2008, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
both problems can be taken care of under warranty.

for the headrests, they replaced my headrest motors.

for the heated seats, they will replace the whole cushion.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by t1n0
Hello all.
My driver seat has two probs:

1) The headrest adjustment may or may not work, whenever it feels like, usually not.
2) The heater for the driver's seat does not work at all.

All fuses have been checked out ok, in the process of troubleshooting my amp that died last week.

Are these two problems related? Are they more expensive to fix than worth it to have heat and adjustment? The headrest adjustment I can live without because it's in the right position already, but the heated seat would be nice.

Also, I am looking for an amp to replace mine. The Bose unit in the trunk has no sound. Just sits there and clicks. Any recommendation on a replacement unit/repair shop?

Thanks,
T
1. The lower seat heater is a common issue. If you have warranty they will cover it.
2. I will be selling my BOSE AMP soon since I am getting aftermarket unit thus having to replace amp. PM me if interested in the AMP.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:11 AM

No warranty, I just bought it last week with 60k miles. I didn't get an extended warranty, because I heard they try to get out of fixing things anyway. I going to have to pay for everything myself.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by t1n0
No warranty, I just bought it last week with 60k miles. I didn't get an extended warranty, because I heard they try to get out of fixing things anyway. I going to have to pay for everything myself.
Not gonna be a cheap job!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 AM

That much, huh? Could it just be a loose connection, or does that dealer just replace the whole heating element?
The friggin' thing worked when I test drove the car not 3 weeks ago.

Totally amazing how the heater, headrest, and stereo all break right after I buy the car.

I have read many times how the IC pump is a common failure point also. Should I just replace that now, as prevention, or wait for it to fail?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 AM

Bump ^^
Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 ///AMG
I recently had both my lower seat heaters replaced under warranty. The heating elements are built into the seat cushions. Sorta bugs me because now the lower seat is nice and new leather and the back is more worn. But oh well, at least I have a nice warm butt.

As far as cost, I'm not sure how much it would have been. I have one receipt that showed $540 just in labor for the two seats. I have no idea what the cost of the seats themselves were though. Expensive fix if your paying out of pocket. Good luck!