Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Hey c32used:

I am NOT claiming it, Tuners like Code3, and others on this board HAVE claimed it for me. I am AGREEING with them, that there is enough head room left in our ECU's for a simple pulley swap. Did you read the entire thread?

YES, I would have LOVED to have had other tuners chime in, but alas no luck. I will not try and persuade them, as I am sure they have their own reasons. Which I will not get into as this was a simple poll as to what works, and what doesn't.

I am simply stateing that a tune is NOT required by the evidence form this post. Evidence like the A/F ratios that were stated above from REAL data logging.

YES, if you want every last HP, like some do, then get it tuned. For me, I will save the money and sleep VERY well at night.

See yeah
Well we will never know the truth then cause its profit that is being challenged here....so ofcourse Tuners who know won't even bother chiming in cause of the posibillity of profit loss. Well I did state in my prior post that I have friends running just a pulley with no Tune and they been fine over the year since. So lets keep it open hopefully someone who really knows will validate your point(which I would like answered)...not the he said/she said people outside this thread. MRAMG1 I am not attacking your opinion just that we need credible Tuners to tell us this...I got advice prior from Honda/Toyota people who know mostly Honda/Toyota and it didn't work for our C32s so now I listen and if doubtful I post a thread to have it challenged easy as that. I like the fact that you feel and prefer to stay with no Tune its all good! I myself wouldn't consider alot of Mods either required or not. So lets keep this open for a while to let others who may not have seen your thread a chance to say something first. Even Code3 on his website has ECU tuning available soon. As long as profits are challenged we will never know.. I am done Take care and God bless.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
[QUOTE=c32used; So lets keep this open for a while to let others who may not have seen your thread a chance to say something first. Even Code3 on his website has ECU tuning available soon. As long as profits are challenged we will never know.. I am done Take care and God bless.[/QUOTE]

Its all good c32used.

No problem, hopefully more tuners will jump on board, however I am inclined to agree with your post.

See yeah my friend

PS: It's never personnel, its just ALL good fun and info
Old 03-18-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Its all good c32used.

No problem, hopefully more tuners will jump on board, however I am inclined to agree with your post.

See yeah my friend

PS: It's never personnel, its just ALL good fun and info
Old 03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
I just tried it and it doesnt work. Oh well.
Your ECU can be re-coded for your VIN with the STAR machine at the dealer, but I think it will need to be re-flashed after that, destroying your "tune" inside.

A competent tuner can recode without destroying data, but it would cost about as much as a tune anyway.

The bargain Crossfire tuners I've seen are simply reselling tunes, not developing them.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:30 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
This thread should have been titled differently.

What most people are forgetting is that the maps we (tuners) modify are a starting point / guideline for the engine to follow. However, because of the nature of the ECU, it can and will change the parameters as it sees fit.

For example, if your IAT's are 35 °C - 45 °C, the ECU will retard 3.5° of timing at full load. A tuned C32 will have a higher degree of timing at any given level, so when the 35 °C - 45 °C mark is reached, the tuned C32 will be making more power due to the increased timing and fuel. A tuned C32 is also a better performer in hot climates....for obvious reasons.

Now, let's assume the tuned C32 is slightly different due to 89 octane fuel. If the car knocks at the top end, then a calculated amount of timing will be pulled and then the tuned C32 could possibly be drowning in fuel instead of burning it as normal. In this case the stock tuned car might perform better.

You should never throw any "tune" on your car. I would hope that at the very minimum, it would be tuned for the gas in your area.

If you take a custom tuned Stage II C32 with a HE and JP, and compare it with a C32 with the same mods, same day / conditions, minus the tuning....the custom tuned C32 will always outperform the latter.

I have had the pleasure of playing with our files personally and speak from experience...not hearsay.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02 c32 99 superduty
No tune 4 me

I just purchased Mustang281man's Renntech pulleys and I am going to pass on the tune. I did however order a HE from LET to deal with the IAT's.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry

What most people are forgetting is that the maps we (tuners) modify are a starting point / guideline for the engine to follow. However, because of the nature of the ECU, it can and will change the parameters as it sees fit.

For example, if your IAT's are 35 °C - 45 °C, the ECU will retard 3.5° of timing at full load. A tuned C32 will have a higher degree of timing at any given level, so when the 35 °C - 45 °C mark is reached, the tuned C32 will be making more power due to the increased timing and fuel. A tuned C32 is also a better performer in hot climates....for obvious reasons.

Now, let's assume the tuned C32 is slightly different due to 89 octane fuel. If the car knocks at the top end, then a calculated amount of timing will be pulled and then the tuned C32 could possibly be drowning in fuel instead of burning it as normal. In this case the stock tuned car might perform better.

You should never throw any "tune" on your car. I would hope that at the very minimum, it would be tuned for the gas in your area.

If you take a custom tuned Stage II C32 with a HE and JP, and compare it with a C32 with the same mods, same day / conditions, minus the tuning....the custom tuned C32 will always outperform the latter.

I have had the pleasure of playing with our files personally and speak from experience...not hearsay.
jerry, did you remember the tread title on the info you posted regarding the climate control being able to read a lot of infos? I searched like mad and got mad...can't remember what keyword to use.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by FrankW
jerry, did you remember the tread title on the info you posted regarding the climate control being able to read a lot of infos?...
This one Frank?...https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/203153-hidden-c-menu.html

MRAMG1-
Pulley, headers, and a heat exchanger. No tune, yet.
Runs okay, but I'm almost certain there is some more power just waiting to be unleashed.
Maybe after the tax man gets paid.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by splinter
This one Frank?...https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203153

MRAMG1-
Runs okay, but I'm almost certain there is some more power just waiting to be unleashed.
exactly the one...

thanks John... I must've been out of my mine earlier...I kept searching based on "climate control" lol
Old 03-19-2008, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by splinter
This one Frank?...https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203153

MRAMG1-
Thanks splinter

That has been my WHOLE POINT. a tune will get a little more out of her, but it is NOT a requirment. I agree that without a tune, you leave alittle on the table still, but at the prices most tuners want, except LET, its INSANE

Thanks again

See yeah
Old 03-19-2008, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry

Thanks for the input Jerry

You are one of the people that I was hoping would chime in.

See yeah

PS; The title was there for a reason, this was suppose to be a simple poll on pulley installs and the need for a tune. Somehow, it became ALOT more. Thanks again
Old 11-19-2019, 04:39 AM

2002 slk 32amg
Exclamation slk32amg super charger pulley

Hey guys my engine is standard. But want to only change to a smaller super charger pulley or bigger crank pulley not sure without ecu remapping or chip. is it possible. My exhaust is also standard.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:22 AM

2002 slk 32amg
well so far let me say this. On my slk32 i have only change the filter to k&n replacement. Then at the back of the throttle body is a plastic thing which i turned around. i now run conti sport contact 5. my 0 to 100kmph is 4.5 sec. i run 95 octane gasoline. in south africa