C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c32 AMG
what's even more ironic is that when all these impatient people get these new mods...there tone of voice will quickly change when they are smoking off the line..
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by Tectite.Metal
what's even more ironic is that when all these impatient people get these new mods...there tone of voice will quickly change when they are smoking off the line..
considering its a metal pulley and not nuclear fusion. I would be a little bit more optimistic.

I think it will depend more on whether people get all the supporting mods first before they install the pulley. IE upgraded heat exchanger and intercooler pump.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
considering its a metal pulley and not nuclear fusion. I would be a little bit more optimistic.

I think it will depend more on whether people get all the supporting mods first before they install the pulley. IE upgraded heat exchanger and intercooler pump.
In respect to Code3Performance I welcome members who lookout for other members by creating cheaper mods for us to try

Alot of people do not realize the necessity of larger capacity intercooler pumps and bigger heat exchangers as a necessary mod at all...alot of people want power at the cheapest cost total not realizing with modding issues can arrise quite easily. Even Brandon uses his larger heat exchanger and Johson CM30 intercooler pump. Thou hp/tq is a maybe or not by adding a larger heat exchanger and better I/C pump it will give you more peace of mind against heat soak that our C32 are affected by...those two mods can actually help create more hp/tq from pullies and tunes by keeping engine cooler more often thus preventing hp/tq loss by heat created thru engine...

Brandon no matter what we say always push forward and thanks for trying as you do to bring good products to our cars.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
i agree, its usually the small guy thats the innovator. Then when it becomes successful, the big guys come in and commercialize it.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Ditto that...

Originally Posted by c32used
In respect to Code3Performance I welcome members who lookout for other members by creating cheaper mods for us to try

Brandon no matter what we say always push forward and thanks for trying as you do to bring good products to our cars.
Brandon, I think that you're doing an awsome job.

I, for one, would much rather have you turn out a great product than rush something to market to appease people who are waiting for others to try it out first.

I check this thread everyday to see what's going on, but I also know you have a business to run and a life too.

Looking forward to installing your product.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used

Alot of people do not realize the necessity of larger capacity intercooler pumps and bigger heat exchangers as a necessary mod at all...alot of people want power at the cheapest cost total not realizing with modding issues can arrise quite easily. Even Brandon uses his larger heat exchanger and Johson CM30 intercooler pump. Thou hp/tq is a maybe or not by adding a larger heat exchanger and better I/C pump it will give you more peace of mind against heat soak that our C32 are affected by...those two mods can actually help create more hp/tq from pullies and tunes by keeping engine cooler more often thus preventing hp/tq loss by heat created thru engine...

As a general rule, a person thinks that the best mods are the ones they've already bought.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Crossfire SRT-6
The Code3 website now shows May 1 as the shipping date on these pulleys!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AtomHeart
The Code3 website now shows May 1 as the shipping date on these pulleys!!!
That's right!
I just heard from Brandon and he is shipping the pulleys out on Thursday, May 1st. He's on the road right now - otherwise he would be posting the good news himself!

Here's a real nice photo of the pulleys in question........

Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM

srt6
they look great!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 PM

srt 6 chrysler crossfire
They look really good but again where is the pic of the intake mod that is what i am excited for......
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6
They look really good but again where is the pic of the intake mod that is what i am excited for......
I'm pretty sure he's going to start a new thread about the intake mod with new images, but what the hell - here's the photos of the intake he sent me...... (dyno graphs were posted earlier in this thread - I'm sure there are more to follow directly from Brandon)

Intake Details:
- Made out of Phenolic
- Foam filter element is pre-oiled and supplied by UNI. It is also replaceable if needed.
- UNI signed off on the design.
- This piece replaces the backplate on the stock intake in about 5 minutes.
- stock car gains 5hp/5tq across the powerband,
- with the Code 3 supercharger pulley, expect gains of 13hp/13tq across powerband. Expect the same gains on crank pulley cars as well.
- Cruising IATs are not affected. Full boost IATs rise about 5-7°. This is pretty negligible considering the power and throttle response in return.

About the pictures:
- The bolts pictured are not the final bolts.
- The production piece will be thinner (1/2" height instead of the pictured 3/4").

Here's the view of the intake mod closest to the firewall:

Here's the view if you were looking at the intake from the front of the engine:

Here's the view if you were looking through the driver's side intake:
Old 04-29-2008, 09:14 PM

srt6
I was bored so i plotted the dyno-graph in excel to show the peak hp and torque and to show the highest gain of hp and torque by rpms. The biggest gain over stock was at 4300 which was 37whp and 41wtq and the peak hp and tq was 330whp@5940 and 330wtq@4300. Pretty darn good!

Old 04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Woah, the intake is not what i was expecting to see.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Exclamation

It looks just like an SL55 "Y" splitter

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
I'm pretty sure he's going to start a new thread about the intake mod with new images, but what the hell - here's the photos of the intake he sent me...... (dyno graphs were posted earlier in this thread - I'm sure there are more to follow directly from Brandon)

Intake Details:
- Made out of Phenolic
- Foam filter element is pre-oiled and supplied by UNI. It is also replaceable if needed.
- with the Code 3 supercharger pulley, expect gains of 13hp/13tq across powerband. Expect the same gains on crank pulley cars as well.
- Cruising IATs are not affected. Full boost IATs rise about 5-7°. This is pretty negligible considering the power and throttle response in return.

About the pictures:
- The production piece will be thinner (1/2" height instead of the pictured 3/4").

Here's the view of the intake mod closest to the firewall:

Here's the view if you were looking at the intake from the front of the engine:

Here's the view if you were looking through the driver's side intake:
Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 PM

srt6
it is simply the stock intake with the stock plate removed and replaced with a filter and new screen.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
+1 - so, in effect, it appears to add a "third option" for our engines to suck in extra air as needed...

We already have two airboxes, and many have shown that aftermarket filters are a big help in improving flow - this mod's ability to make power suggests that even considering this, there are still situations where the engine would benefit from additional flow capacity, which this foam panel filter accommodates.

In looking at the design, I also can better understand the "screaming wail" you hear from Brandon's car at WOT in the video. To some people it'll be a plus, and to others a minus, but no two way's about it, this intake is going to be LOUD when you stomp the throttle!

So, is UNI similiar to itg? I've not heard of UNI before...
Old 04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
it will be head once you hit aroud 4k rpm and louder at 5.5k rpm+

under 4k.. you wont notice the sound.

from a roll.. you will notice a bit more throaty sound followed by the supercharger whine.. which is pretty cool.

you have to let the car adapt a few minutes to the extra air.. and after you will notice the throttle response to be much improved.

simple add on to our system. Just remove your air spliter and remove the back plate.

For those that are up to it, you can try it with some micro fiber rag and some heavy duty tape and screws. I did it just for fun and it does work.

I won't post a picture of my "home made" version but it was a temporary piece before I buy the permanent piece.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Congradulations on finishing the project
Once the reviews come out I will start begging my parents for 1k

Later!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
How Darth Vaderish. How much is the intake mod again?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
How Much?

Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
How Darth Vaderish. How much is the intake mod again?
Its on his site. I believe the intake and pulley are $699.00

Glenn
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM

Location: Home is Stockholm, Sweden. But my work takes me around the world, right now I work/live in Laos, South East Asia.
C32 T 2003. Mods? MANY!! :)

Intake Details:
- Made out of Phenolic

About the pictures:

Will this work with the SL55 intake mod, or only on the stock one?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
HP Gains

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
I was bored so i plotted the dyno-graph in excel to show the peak hp and torque and to show the highest gain of hp and torque by rpms. The biggest gain over stock was at 4300 which was 37whp and 41wtq and the peak hp and tq was 330whp@5940 and 330wtq@4300. Pretty darn good!

Thanks for sharing. What is apparent to me is that there are gains all across the board on this. The minimum is at least 10 HP all the way up to 37 HP. For the $$, thats not bad. I assume this was intake and pulley mods and not just pulley???

Interestingly, if there is a minimum of 10 HP gain , the engine has to work that much less to move the mass (driver, car, frictional losses and aerodynamic losses) so theoretically, it should get better mileage too since its breathing better and working less hard (assuming all things are equal to a totally stock car).

Glenn
Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MIDO
Will this work with the SL55 intake mod, or only on the stock one?
The stock one - there isn't a plate on the evosport SL55 splitter
Old 04-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Location: Home is Stockholm, Sweden. But my work takes me around the world, right now I work/live in Laos, South East Asia.
C32 T 2003. Mods? MANY!! :)
Yea that's what got me, I could not remember seeing that on the SL55 one. I have the 55 setup, but are Brandon saying that this setup is actually better then that setup?
If so, I guess I'll be changing back!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
You can make it work. Just need to replace the Y connector w/ the C3P intake and modify the 55 hoses. It'll be the viceversa of adding a 55 splitter w/ the 32 airboxes. This is the 55 y connector.

I want to go back to the stock 32 airboxes... the only down side I see is the engine bay getting really dirty from having the extra air source in the back. Nonetheless, looks like a great simple mod.

Looking forward to place my order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley