C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by c32used
Unless I read you wrong Bud4Ya the intake mod will benefit more with the aftermarket air filters...as Topgun32 mentioned.
yes.. brandon's car has K&N's..

therefore the intake mod will have more gains with the K&N or Green ect.

But the intake mod is located on the split Y therefore it by passes those 2 filteres.

But volume of air, flow.. ect can be effected if one still uses paper filters.

bottom line: Best if you upgrade the filters with or without the intake mod.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG, 2003 E39 M5
Great that is what I was looking for. So I will still get very good gains going with the pulley and just K&N's. I can add the intake mod down the road which will help out even more.

Thanks Topgun and C32used

Originally Posted by TopGun32
yes.. brandon's car has K&N's..

therefore the intake mod will have more gains with the K&N or Green ect.

But the intake mod is located on the split Y therefore it by passes those 2 filteres.

But volume of air, flow.. ect can be effected if one still uses paper filters.

bottom line: Best if you upgrade the filters with or without the intake mod.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by bud4ya
Great that is what I was looking for. So I will still get very good gains going with the pulley and just K&N's. I can add the intake mod down the road which will help out even more.

Thanks Topgun and C32used

The best gain will be the pulley rather crank or S/C(once thoroughly tested) the intake mod can hold off for now...but once you are bored of your power then seek stuff like the intake mod or headers, etc.. then ECU reflash after you got all your mods to give maximum performance of all your mods and with LET doing there own tunes for $600 well the bar has just been lowered once again...you figure that if you get a crank pulley and tune the starting price is around $1600 and lower if its a used pulley...with the S/C pulley and tune well $1200 unless you go for the S/C pulley alone...either way since the increase in heat I definitely recommend a higher output I/C pump and larger H/E. Phemonic spacers more so if you live in higher temp areas or you can get them at a great price...
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM

When we speak in a couple weeks I will have my note pad for sure . Always have an open ear when it comes to modding my toys

The best gain will be the pulley rather crank or S/C(once thoroughly tested) the intake mod can hold off for now...but once you are bored of your power then seek stuff like the intake mod or headers, etc.. then ECU reflash after you got all your mods to give maximum performance of all your mods and with LET doing there own tunes for $600 well the bar has just been lowered once again...you figure that if you get a crank pulley and tune the starting price is around $1600 and lower if its a used pulley...with the S/C pulley and tune well $1200 unless you go for the S/C pulley alone...either way since the increase in heat I definitely recommend a higher output I/C pump and larger H/E. Phemonic spacers more so if you live in higher temp areas or you can get them at a great price...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
As I just mentioned in the last post, I "slipped" my way to 530rwhp in my Cobra. If there was gross belt slip, I would not be releasing the piece. Hell, this is why some companies make cog pulley setups.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried a cogged pulley setup on any vehicle with a clutched supercharger (especially the C32)? I've seen many vehicles with synchronous belts / pulleys, but they are almost always drag vehicles with a permanent pulley on the charger. I wonder if it would be detrimental to the S/C or engine for the charger to engage hard (i.e. with no slip). I imagine the car would jerk a little when it engaged. I only ask because I have both a C32 and SRT6 and intend to build the SRT6 into a race car when my wife grows tired of it as a daily driver. Given that, I intend to machine a full set of pulleys for the car, eliminating the A/C from the circuit, lightening all of them, under-driving the alternator, and overdriving the S/C. I would forgo the clutch in the S/C at that point and use a synchronous belt in place of the serpentine. I guess the question is: Could I start development on this a bit earlier and use the cogged pulleys on the street cars...
Old 04-10-2008, 07:28 PM

It almost Friday again anything yet?????
Old 04-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Ok, a short update until tonight.

I was told that the pulleys are getting finished up Monday. However, I am heading to the fabricator right now to snap some pictures of them, as they pulled a few aside for me. At least everyone can see that they are near completed, and this isn't some pipe dream months away from finishing

Also tonight I will post pictures of the stock sc pulley cut in half. We can finally put to rest the idea that there is something special about this piece.

To hold you over until tonight, I put together a nice video of some rolling acceleration testing we did with the pulley. Here is the video:

Code3 Supercharger Pulley Promo

We did some standard rolling acceleration tests. The numbers are below, as well as comparisons to other vehicles on the road. Just gives you an idea of how quick the car is. This is real world data that is actually useful to most people. I tossed in the 70-108mph runs that I posted about the other day as well.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
holly crap listen to that SC... sounds awesome!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TruTaing
holly crap listen to that SC... sounds awesome!
its actually the intake mod doing most of the sound..

but the pulley will obviously make a bit more noise.. more revs...more boost..
Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 PM

02 c32 99 superduty
Any update on the intake mod?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002

I was told that the pulleys are getting finished up Monday. However, I am heading to the fabricator right now to snap some pictures of them, as they pulled a few aside for me. At least everyone can see that they are near completed, and this isn't some pipe dream months away from finishing

Also tonight I will post pictures of the stock sc pulley cut in half. We can finally put to rest the idea that there is something special about this piece.

To hold you over until tonight, I put together a nice video of some rolling acceleration testing we did with the pulley. Here is the video:

We did some standard rolling acceleration tests. The numbers are below, as well as comparisons to other vehicles on the road. Just gives you an idea of how quick the car is. This is real world data that is actually useful to most people. I tossed in the 70-108mph runs that I posted about the other day as well.

I was gonna ask this but Topgun32 answered it but another question/s arrised from that answer...

1. The dyno you submitted with the S/C pulley is that with the intake mod?
2. Is it safe to say that your times on video are helped by the intake mod then?
3. If the dyno is with the intake mod then whats the power for the S/C pulley on the car itself?(I don't recall reading anything saying S/C pulley only)
4. If your dyno runs was with the intake mod then what pricing will you offer with the intake mod? or intake mod by itself?
5. Also adding so much air are you saying a tune is not needed thus our computers will adapt? So a tune won't get more performance from it?

Please if possible answer these yourself cause I don't want someone else answering this for you and possibly making a mistake...
4. Have you tested the S/C pulley with the upgraded crank pullied car yet?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:40 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
lol...sounds like someone's pulling a dog by its tail...

I'm guessing that s/c pulley is making the s/c spinning faster than us that are running the ASP/evosport/renntech, etc pulley kits. any info on how much boost that turn out to be yet?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was gonna ask this but Topgun32 answered it but another question/s arrised from that answer...

2. Is it safe to say that your times on video are helped by the intake mod then?
3. If the dyno is with the intake mod then whats the power for the S/C pulley on the car itself?(I don't recall reading anything saying S/C pulley only)
4. If your dyno runs was with the intake mod then what pricing will you offer with the intake mod? or intake mod by itself?
5. Also adding so much air are you saying a tune is not needed thus our computers will adapt? So a tune won't get more performance from it?

Please if possible answer these yourself cause I don't want someone else answering this for you and possibly making a mistake...
from what I remember..intake mod will yield 5 to 10 RWHP at the most.

The way its designed, probably will make 10 RWHP or so during real freeway driving and not on a dyno.

Its letting more hot air while sitting on a dyno.. on the freeway its able to get a bit more of fresh air.

The pulley is making the power.. remember guys.. we literally threw the pulley on my car with stock filters and on FM HE.

Now I have K&N's and I'm sure the pulley would help even more.

Something I learned on my E55..running more boost and keeping the paper filters felt like choking the engine.... Once I installed my K&N on my E55 too..the kompressor noise increased and the engament was smoother.

I feel..better freathing will be needed when running more boost.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by FrankW
lol...sounds like someone's pulling a dog by its tail...

I'm guessing that s/c pulley is making the s/c spinning faster than us that are running the ASP/evosport/renntech, etc pulley kits. any info on how much boost that turn out to be yet?

I am presuming you are refering to me by that...but in my responce those are valid questions unless you think otherwise? If he dynoed with the S/C pulley and the intake mod well isn't the dyno if done with the intake mod a little misleading?(not claiming anyone is misleading) Ok just reviewed first post and it states:

"The pulley run also had our new intake mod. It picked up 4-7hp across the entire power band on a stock car. I will post separately about it, as it will be available shortly as well. It will be priced around 1/3 the cost of current intake solutions, and your system still looks stock Plus it sounds awesome! People will definitely know something is lurking under the hood."

So based off this then in reality the pulley might make more then 4-7 rwhp/tq less right? Also cause it had more air forced thru the S/C then gains could be more with intake mod and less without. I just want to know if what I am thinking correctly that's all...if he can pull it off with S/C pulley and intake mod and no tune then it sounds great imo...
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 PM

I am glad you asked these questions because this is what I was getting at the other day when I was asking about the intake mod. I was basically wondering how much I will loose in power from what was posted if I just do the pulley with stock filters. Sounds like the best thing to do is at least get the K&N's if I am going with this set up and no intake mod. I was just going to do the pulley but sounds like at min I should have the K&N's to get the most power if i am skipping the intake now.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 PM

All I can say is TY I am sure you are more excited than I to get this released.

If you get a chance can you post the same numbers you did below with 1)the pulley and stock filters, 2) with the pulley and K&N's. Looks like this video is with pulley, K&N's and intake. I am just wondering how much those numbers drop with no intake and stock filters and no intake and K&N's.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 09:49 PM

srt6
how many pulleys will you have made? i am sure you will have several orders so i would hate to wait for 3+ months for mine to be in stock!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Originally Posted by mrphotoman
how many pulleys will you have made? i am sure you will have several orders so i would hate to wait for 3+ months for mine to be in stock!
+16453683

That would be painful.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Good job on the product !!! loving the intake sound tooo !!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I am presuming you are refering to me by that...but in my responce those are valid questions unless you think otherwise? If he dynoed with the S/C pulley and the intake mod well isn't the dyno if done with the intake mod a little misleading?(not claiming anyone is misleading) Ok just reviewed first post and it states:

"The pulley run also had our new intake mod. It picked up 4-7hp across the entire power band on a stock car. I will post separately about it, as it will be available shortly as well. It will be priced around 1/3 the cost of current intake solutions, and your system still looks stock Plus it sounds awesome! People will definitely know something is lurking under the hood."

So based off this then in reality the pulley might make more then 4-7 rwhp/tq less right? Also cause it had more air forced thru the S/C then gains could be more with intake mod and less without. I just want to know if what I am thinking correctly that's all...if he can pull it off with S/C pulley and intake mod and no tune then it sounds great imo...
i was referring to the video. my bad.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:52 AM

c32 AMG
Answering the questions possed by C32used would be much appreciated. Especially, does the engine require a tune with with the pulley and intake mod??..
Old 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Directly from their Website:

Originally Posted by Tectite.Metal
Answering the questions possed by C32used would be much appreciated. Especially, does the engine require a tune with with the pulley and intake mod??..
The easiest and most logical way to make power on your supercharged vehicle has arrived. Code3 Performance proudly presents the C32/SRT6 Performance Supercharger Pulley.

- 10-15 minute install
- no new belt needed
- no additional pulleys needed
- no ECU tuning needed
- operates EXACTLY like your stock pulley
- pulley comes with new bearing and snap ring pre-installed, plus extra spacers
- Installation instructions by our Master Mercedes Tech

Take a look at the dyno sheet, the numbers speak for themselves.
15.5rwhp/25.2rwtq at peak
24rwhp/36rwtq throughout the power curve

Bolt on our new Performance Intake for even more power!

And the combination Supercharger Pulley with the Intake:

This bundle includes the Performance Supercharger Pulley and the Intake mod. When used together, we saw the following gains.

Peak gains - 30.9rwhp/37.7rwtq
Power curve - 35rwhp/40rwtq

Last edited by Gramma_Benz; 04-12-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: testing signature
Old 04-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Ok, the update. If you take a look at this thread, I posted a picture of the stock pulley cut in half, with an explanation of how it works.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/225947-jerk-chirp-saga.html

The only pieces they brought over for me were the pulleys themselves. All of the other pieces are cut, and being coated right now.

As you can see from the picture, the grooves still need to be cut, and the back edge milled. The delay has been waiting for a special cutting piece to do the grooves with. It will be there on Monday, and they can finish them up. I will have a piece on Monday that I can assemble, and give the thumbs up. That night, I will get it on the dyno for some final numbers as well. As you can see, we are very close.

There are 25 pulleys in the first run. I have a long list of people waiting to buy, so these will go fast. We actually made extra armature plates, springs, thrust washers, and spacers, in anticipation of the second run. So all that will have to be made are the pulleys themselves for the second run.

As far as the other questions posed on this page, I will recap quickly.

The best dyno numbers were with both intake mod and pulley. I posted a dyno with pulley only over stock, as well as intake/pulley versus pulley only on my website in the SHOP. A/F ratios were all at a stock levels for intake only, pulley only, and intake+pulley. No tuning is needed. Would tuning make a difference, maybe a little. The pulley is making 16.88psi of boost in third gear. The Evosport pulley makes 15.5psi in third gear. As for testing with a crank pulley car, possibly this week. I was waiting for a production piece. The rolling acceleration numbers were with both intake and pulley. When I get a chance, I will test them with pulley only. I will also test with intake only on a stock car.

Just be patient, they are almost here. No one wants these done more than me. Unfortunately, sometimes fabricators tell you what you want to hear, instead of the truth. I just wish they had told me a few weeks ago that it would be a couple of weeks, instead of promising me every week they would be done. Makes me feel stupid to keep saying they will be done, only to give updates that they are not...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM

C32 AMG
on the pulley.

Question - what technology are you using to measure the times posted?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by FrankW
i was referring to the video. my bad.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley