C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by Eleventeen
Well, I just got back from a test drive after installing my ECU and I have some bad news...I'm not going to get any traction this winter. Thank you Jerry! Your tune worked great. The car pulls all the way to redline now Lots of power with ASP + Code3 + LET tune. This thing is nasty. B.T.W. as soon as I got back from the test drive, I checked the local temperature; it was 95 degrees here in South Jersey and the car never felt faster.

On a side note: Brandon, this is a great product even (especially) in conjunction with the 178mm pulley & tuning. I think everyone will be pleased with the numbers as soon as you are finished your R&D.
Glad you liked it! I told you it was a different car after the tune. Hopefully, you understand how important the tune is. In our testing, the tune has provided the most power out of all the mods!

Can you get to a dyno soon? I would like to see your A/F Ratio and any logs you might have.

Secondly, I have owned a few businesses in my life and I understand customer service and that customers come first. However, the first 5 years are tough and I've learned that you can't make everyone happy.

We have tons planned for the future and one of those plans is a better way to handle orders and customer questions. Thanks for all the support...
Old 06-08-2008, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02' C32 - 07' H2 - 07' BMW K1200R
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Glad you liked it! I told you it was a different car after the tune. Hopefully, you understand how important the tune is. In our testing, the tune has provided the most power out of all the mods!

Can you get to a dyno soon? I would like to see your A/F Ratio and any logs you might have.

Secondly, I have owned a few businesses in my life and I understand customer service and that customers come first. However, the first 5 years are tough and I've learned that you can't make everyone happy.

We have tons planned for the future and one of those plans is a better way to handle orders and customer questions. Thanks for all the support...
Keep the JerryTune groove flowing, mine is on the way Monday Jerry Put me in line for a set of the injectors
Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
Order a intake, hopefully it gets here before my road trip next week.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Hey Guys,

I have the pulley/intake in my shopping cart right now... One thing popped into mind before I purchase -

The runs were made on 91 octane (alot of posts here, I might have missed post on 93oct). Has anyone dyno'd on 93 octane? Fuel curves still OK? Still does not require ecu tune? How about spark plugs - need colder?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TopGun32
you really think its that simple?

5 minutes of posting answers. Right!

Which will create more questions? and more requests and more speculation and more assumptions.

Multiply by 7 to 8 different boards and not mention other car brands like BMW which are asking him for FM Intercoolers.

It will take a few hours of his day just to stay on board with all the forums.

If you need to contact him.. use his Website info to get a hold of him. He will get back to you when he is available to talk.

What questions are you talking about? about the pairing of two pullies (crank and clutch? He does not have offer any crank pullies.. so why should he help other tuners?

About the boost when pairing a crank pully and s/c? same answer. Why should he help other sell crank pullies.

There are plenty of data he has, but will only share when its ready. The practice Evo, VRP or Renntech will take.

About HP/TQ.. its been debated to death.

About 1/4 times. An Srt6 ran mid 12's and 110 with ECU, S/C pulley and Filter. What else do you need?

Tell me the questions you have that are so pressing you can't wait?

Is there an emergency here? NO. If you neeed answers call him directly.

By the tone of this email, you would think I'm on the payroll but I'm not.

I have helped developed most of this stuff and used my cars are the Beta testers. So I have a right to defend a honest guy who knows alot about cars.. .not just AMG's.

Enough about the "he promised" or "he said by this date"... there are simply too many variables to make things happend.

If you don't believe me.. ask Vadim on the C63 forum.

He has been promised by alteast 2 or 3 C63 new owners they would stop by to test ECU programming. To date.. those owneres have not fulfilled their word.

Why are we not jumping on Vadim to give us answers and show us dyno's and 1/4 slips.??

I'm a potential future owner of a C63 when I trade in E55.. so I have a deep interest in his R&D. But things just take time.

Again.. you have questions... stop posting here. and email him or call him.
All great points. IMHO, Code3 was TOO communicative and it created expectations and a communications channel that was a distraction. Some tuners are invisible on this board; others pop up to tout a new product or a great test result. If I were Code3, I'd focus 100% on product development and IGNORE all the questions, particularly questions involving combining his product with other mods.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c32
Originally Posted by highvoltz
Hey Guys,

I have the pulley/intake in my shopping cart right now... One thing popped into mind before I purchase -

The runs were made on 91 octane (alot of posts here, I might have missed post on 93oct). Has anyone dyno'd on 93 octane? Fuel curves still OK? Still does not require ecu tune? How about spark plugs - need colder?
The difference in octane rating is negligible. I would not be concerned with ecu tune or plugs at the moment, however, I am confident that a "Jerry" tune would benefit any of our cars, irregardless of your set-up
Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
I purchased the Code3 pulley and intake bundle about 4 weeks ago and had a couple of small hiccups with installation. Brandon was extremely responsive and helpful in getting me back on track.

I love the pulley and intake and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Just my experience...

Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Tweak
I purchased the Code3 pulley and intake bundle about 4 weeks ago and had a couple of small hiccups with installation. Brandon was extremely responsive and helpful in getting me back on track.

I love the pulley and intake and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again. Just my experience...

Can you go into detail on the hiccups and fix for reference?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Originally Posted by highvoltz
Can you go into detail on the hiccups and fix for reference?
I broke my supercharger bolt, obviously my fault, but Brandon offered to ship me out a spare bolt he had. Also, I experienced some rubbing between the backplate and clutch even with all spacers installed. Brandon was quick to address and ship out a replacement pulley.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM

2002 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry

There is actually a dyno two blocks away. The only problem is, I'm confident that it's an AWD dyno. The only cars I've seen over there are Audis and R32 VW's. Someday I should stop in anyway. I'll probably give East Coast Supercharging (LS1,2,3,6,7 tuners) a call as well; I know they have a Dyno. They're about an hour away and seemed to be good guys when I had my C5 Z06.

Also, you and I had a discussion about IAT's. I'm telling you, your tuning made all the difference top end. Yesterday it was 95* here and I was seeing 165* on the IAT sensor immediately after the pulls and the car was still running much better on the top-end than it did a couple of weeks ago when it was cooler. I REALLY need to get on some more cooling mods and the isolated overflow tank.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by Tweak
I broke my supercharger bolt, obviously my fault, but Brandon offered to ship me out a spare bolt he had. Also, I experienced some rubbing between the backplate and clutch even with all spacers installed. Brandon was quick to address and ship out a replacement pulley.
Did you break the bolt when re-tightening it? or removing it?

This was mentioned in an earlier thread, apparently it's hollow which prevents it from being over tightened.

I installed the intake yesterday which was a little bit of a bear since it's so tight back there once you put on the phenolic intake pieces which are much thicker than the stock piece.

IMHO, the supercharger whine is not too intrusive as I only notice it when WOT. But then again, we'll see how I feel long term.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Almost a Member!

C32
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Did you break the bolt when re-tightening it? or removing it?

This was mentioned in an earlier thread, apparently it's hollow which prevents it from being over tightened.

I installed the intake yesterday which was a little bit of a bear since it's so tight back there once you put on the phenolic intake pieces which are much thicker than the stock piece.

IMHO, the supercharger whine is not too intrusive as I only notice it when WOT. But then again, we'll see how I feel long term.
I broke it when reinstalling. I thought I was just snugging it before I put the torque wrench on it....dumbass move.

I agree, the intake definitely doesn't just slide back in place.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:58 PM

03 Silver E55
This seems like good news, if you bought yours 4 weeks ago, then mine should be here any day now too.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:53 PM

05 C55
more south jersey people

There is actually a dyno two blocks away. The only problem is, I'm confident that it's an AWD dyno. The only cars I've seen over there are Audis and R32 VW's. Someday I should stop in anyway. I'll probably give East Coast Supercharging (LS1,2,3,6,7 tuners) a call as well; I know they have a Dyno. They're about an hour away and seemed to be good guys when I had my C5 Z06.

Also, you and I had a discussion about IAT's. I'm telling you, your tuning made all the difference top end. Yesterday it was 95* here and I was seeing 165* on the IAT sensor immediately after the pulls and the car was still running much better on the top-end than it did a couple of weeks ago when it was cooler. I REALLY need to get on some more cooling mods and the isolated overflow tank.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
You can dyno your car on an AWD dyno. I have never been to a 2 wheel only dyno. They just strap the front wheels down in between the front rollers.

I sent you a PM.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

I want to ask those who used ASP or 178mm crank pulley and C3P SC pulley combo and had the JerryTune please when you can dyno and post results. When possible guys with SC pulley rather combined with anything else create a review and comment thread so others can share in your happiness!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by c32used
I want to ask those who used ASP or 178mm crank pulley and C3P SC pulley combo and had the JerryTune please when you can dyno and post results. When possible guys with SC pulley rather combined with anything else create a review and comment thread so others can share in your happiness!
I agree. I am contemplating getting the 178 Crank to add to the Code III. Now how do I get a "Jerry Tune???" I assume he's in Chicagoland area???

Glenn
Chicago IL
Old 06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
I agree. I am contemplating getting the 178 Crank to add to the Code III. Now how do I get a "Jerry Tune???" I assume he's in Chicagoland area???

Glenn
Chicago IL

PM sent.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1991 Toyota MR2, 2002 C32 AMG
Could someone please chime in? I really want to do this but I would like some feedback first.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Could someone please chime in? I really want to do this but I would like some feedback first.
Nice to see you up and about.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Exclamation

Glenn
Chicago IL
You and Turbo16lbs need to look at post #749 a guy with an ASP pulley and SC pulley and Jerrytune.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Here is one result from Just 178mm(Evosport pulley) and SC pully combo alone.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=20
Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

2002 C32 amg, 1998 328i
Here is one result from Just 178mm(Evosport pulley) and SC pully combo alone.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=20
Sounds like he needs new plugs and a regap? Typical problem with higher boosts.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 PM

CLK550

Glenn
Chicago IL
I'm curious about this as well. It would be nice to go through a local for this.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by RedBull
I'm curious about this as well. It would be nice to go through a local for this.
Just PM AMG-Jerry!!

Glenn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: A turning point in Mercedes tuning...Performance Supercharger Pulley