Introduction with the new amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 C32
Introduction with the new amg

HI!!!

I've been lurking around for a while now and just decided its time to finally introduce myself. Had my 03 C32 for about 8 months now and did some minor exterior/interior mods. For exterior mods I've tinted 35% all around, smoked corners, installed the carbon lip, s-class taillights, and a set of HRE 840R (Thanks tons to Paul for the very smooth transaction). As for the interior i've only installed the Alpine IVA-W205 2-DIN monitor. Been thinking about the carbon fiber trims but i like the look of the stock trims and dont really think the CF trims are worth their price..imo.

Been thinking about engine mods but have been quite hesitant because i have the extended warranty from MB. I have yet to look up what the warranty covers but the stock power is already more than i really need. The annoying thing is that i'm experiencing the infamous IC pump failure and gotta get it fixed. However, i'm quite unsure how to go about explaining the situation to MB b/c if the car drives fine when im at the dealer then they'd probably just pay no attention to my complaints.

Hopefully i'll be posting some pictures soon. The car is quite dirty right now due to rainy weather here in vancouver, bc. Feeling a bit lazy to wash it since its gonna rain anyways

Anyways NICE TO MEET YOU GUYS!! please be nice to me in the future~
Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Welcome!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
welcome aboard, 841R series owner here as well.

Last edited by 1qikctr; 03-21-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Watch out for that dealer on Burrard and Boradway, they were the ones caught doing this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnR1FlUJoQo
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 AM

C32 AMG
Welcome aboard.

The pump failure is pretty common. I did mine on my own - but I have to think the dealer would be aware? It is a fairly inexpensive repair for them. Not like you're asking for a new supercharger. I would tell them that you are almost certain you know what it is. If they feel like replacing a bunch of other things - more power to them.

But you can do this. Next time when you drive press and hold EC Reset on the climate control, when you see a #'s blinking on the driver side
auto button press it till you see 06, that'll show your Coolant Temperature,
you're not suppose to go above 200F.

There are also some data logging gadgets for sale out there (not sure of the names right now) that you can get for $100 or so and they will tell you check engine codes as well as monitor intake temps.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:10 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Watch out for that dealer on Burrard and Boradway, they were the ones caught doing this
yeah i've seen that video before. pretty pathetic
Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM

'03 C32
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Welcome aboard.

The pump failure is pretty common. I did mine on my own - but I have to think the dealer would be aware? It is a fairly inexpensive repair for them. Not like you're asking for a new supercharger. I would tell them that you are almost certain you know what it is. If they feel like replacing a bunch of other things - more power to them.

But you can do this. Next time when you drive press and hold EC Reset on the climate control, when you see a #'s blinking on the driver side

There are also some data logging gadgets for sale out there (not sure of the names right now) that you can get for $100 or so and they will tell you check engine codes as well as monitor intake temps.
Well hopefully they'll be able to fix it while i bring the car in for maintnance in a couple hundred kms. Thanks for telling me about the coolant temp cus i had no idea you could check it!!
Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Never heard of this. Please elaborate. What is?........when you see a #'s blinking on the driver side auto button press it till you see 06.
Thanks
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Welcome aboard.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 PM

05 CLK55
Yo Bro! I've been on this forum for 3 yrs and never had one of these introduction before hahaha I m just playin wit ya Alpine Double Din Moniter! I am just interested in wut u r watchin I Love you man! Love your pimpin ride more. Post the pics soon.

BTW, the dealer in the video is the one I went to i was lucky enough never to have ran in to that dude.

Last edited by D_Star; 03-21-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Originally Posted by moosejaw
ITs sooo funny when he says "better not hit it too hard, it is an MB, and it may cost another $7K!!" Great vid. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43 AM

'03 C32
yeah man gonna post asap..gonna get a bit more sunny weather here so might take a few shots since i just washed it yesterday~

and damn..little bit worried since my sunroof screws up sometimes. It'll close half way then bounce right back and sometimes i gotta keep pushing the button because the roof just moves about .5 inches everytime i push the button (it wont close all the way if i press it once or even holding the button down to close/open)..sigh problemsproblemsproblems