C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

What do you think about the trany contaimination

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
What do you think about the trany contaimination

Hi folks, I'm new in this forum. Just picked up a 02 C32 today, eveything fine! So I read alot of C32 info and found the trany problem and glycol test so on. My car is 28k km (I love that low mileage ^_^) and full dealer service since new. But I have to call the dealer to retrive the service records next monday. So I take a look on the radiator and find its Valeo. Interesting thing is the production date of the Valeo shows 06-01-06. Do you guys think my baby has taken the recall and change the Valeo radiator? If so, what improvement did the update radiator have?

P.S. After I run the car uphill, highway, low speed. No jerk at all and the sifthing is sharp LOL
Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by djoa
Hi folks, I'm new in this forum. Just picked up a 02 C32 today, eveything fine! So I read alot of C32 info and found the trany problem and glycol test so on. My car is 28k km (I love that low mileage ^_^) and full dealer service since new. But I have to call the dealer to retrive the service records next monday. So I take a look on the radiator and find its Valeo. Interesting thing is the production date of the Valeo shows 06-01-06. Do you guys think my baby has taken the recall and change the Valeo radiator? If so, what improvement did the update radiator have?

P.S. After I run the car uphill, highway, low speed. No jerk at all and the sifthing is sharp LOL
Congratulations! - especially finding an '02 with 28K km!
Sounds like you're all set - the revised Valeo radiator is fine - obviously with a production date of '06, you have the new one!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:49 PM

03 C32 AMG
Congrats on your new car. 28K KM for a 2002 model is a steal!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 PM

04' C32 AMG & 90' TT 300ZX
Originally Posted by C32AMGSC
Congrats on your new car. 28K KM for a 2002 model is a steal!
Only if the price is right.

Post some pics now!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 PM

C32
Thx folks! It's real 28k on the clock. The last dealer service was on May 08 and the sticker shows the next service will be 35k km. From the in car computer, the service remainder shows the next service will be 7000 km. 28k+7k km = 35k km= What shows on the sticker LOL

By the way, I beleive the 06 Valeo should be the update on, but anyone knows what the improvement does it have?

P.S. I will post the picture today ^_^
Old 08-10-2008, 01:54 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG

Go to the dealer and have them run a VMI for you.....it will tell you the history of your vehicle service wise......

I have the updated Valeo radiator as well. I have the 'jerk'.....dealer replaced the TCU, torque converter and radiator and not a problem since.......shifts are crisp and can be....
Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 PM

C32
The ****in dealer refuse to disclose the service record, rediculous!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
The ****in dealer refuse to disclose the service record, rediculous!!!!
you forgot to say 'LOL'
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
any dealer can pull your service records LOL.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:21 PM

C32
oppppppppppssss! I read it wrong!! I take a look on the radiator again, its Valeo and production date shows 06-01-02. I beleive the radiator didn't change at all since new in 2002.

But everything still work fine, no jerk in W mode. I called the dealer yesterday for appointment to change he radiator, they ask me the reason. So I said about the trany containmination, they replied never heard of that!!!!!! I live in Hong Kong and the car was produced in South Africa, sold via Mercedes dealer.

So, is that really true there is no trany contamination issue on Eruope spec> Guys, what's the comment?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:27 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
oppppppppppssss! I read it wrong!! I take a look on the radiator again, its Valeo and production date shows 06-01-02. I beleive the radiator didn't change at all since new in 2002.

But everything still work fine, no jerk in W mode. I called the dealer yesterday for appointment to change he radiator, they ask me the reason. So I said about the trany containmination, they replied never heard of that!!!!!! I live in Hong Kong and the car was produced in South Africa, sold via Mercedes dealer.

So, is that really true there is no trany contamination issue on Eruope spec> Guys, what's the comment?

yes the issue affects all c32's USA/Europe ect and not just the 02 models either

a replacement rad isn't a major expense so it's well worth doing just for peace of mind

p.s...... having the tranny jerk doesn't mean anything, most of us have this issue and very few have managed to get rid of it or even improve it
so congrats on actually finding jerk free one
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002

Well some have changed it but some haven't either. I say be in the piece of mind group and replace it with a Behr radiator unless you have a warranty and maybe they can cover it. GL trying to get the Stealership to change it if all is running fine. Buy a Behr radiator which ebay has them for like $160 without shipping and that way incase the factory valeo starts to faulter then you won't be affected by it. Replacing the radiator,tcu and torque convertor can be quite expensive if it gets to that point and no warranty on car.