2-piece performance rotors for C32/C55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS550
2-piece performance rotors for C32/C55 AMG

We are proud to be a sponsor on MBWorld! RacingBrake has been in the brake business for over 20 years; we are a brake solution provider rather than just a brake reseller. We design (3 patents), tool and build our own brake components and systems. We don’t just make them to fit, we make them perform. Please check out our web site to learn more about us.

RB is the first brake company to make true high performance stock replacement for track race cars (EVO8 and STi) and we offer more two piece stock replacement rotors than any other competitor.

Please click the following link to learn how we design and build our two piece rotors, how they are different from others in the market, and the advantages of upgrading to two piece rotors:

http://www.racingbrake.com/v/main/tw...p?display=back

It is our pleasure to announce the latest addition to our two piece rotors for C32/C55 AMG/SLK/C350 Mercedes and others:

Rotor assembly#: 2118
Rotor diameter: 345x30mm (13.6” x 1.2”)
Weight: 19 lb each (vs. one-piece stock 26 lbs)

Open Slot and Straight Slot surfaces available
Click here

MBWorld member receive a 10% discount code using MBW-10

RacingBrake is the manufacturer of the two piece rotors mentioned in this forum a few months ago in the pre-release stage. RB is expanding its two piece rotors and brake system coverage from Japanese imports to domestic cars, and now European imports (Audi, BMW, MB, and Porsche).

These two piece rotors are ready for order and shipment. Please learn more by clicking the above links and by doing some web research on various popular motorsports forums such as EVO, Subaru (Sti, WRX, Legacy), RX7, RX8, NSX, 350Z, G35, SRT-4, Corvette etc., and learn about how RB brakes perform -- from street driving to the most demanding track applications.

We welcome your comments and input about your interest in this two-piece rotor so that we may put a special upgrade brake package together along with brake pads and stainless steel brake lines.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to contact us by replying to this thread or by sending us a PM. We are here to answer your questions.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 05-06-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Added more product details and images.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by RacingBrake
As a new sponsor of MBWorld.org, RacingBrake would like to introduce our new 2-piece performance rotors for C32, C55, and other Mercedes models.

Rotor assembly#: 2118
Rotor diameter: 345x30mm (13.6” x 1.2”)
Weight: 19 lb each (vs. one-piece stock 26 lbs)

To learn more, and see more photos, please see our detailed post in this thread.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to serving the Mercedes community.

These look nice - pricing?

They also look strangely similiar to another forum sponsor's project, detailed in the following thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...368&highlight=

Coincidence?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

They also look strangely similiar to another forum sponsor's project, detailed in the following thread:

Coincidence?
Pricing is on their website c32AMG, and its higher then Code3's

See yeah
Old 09-15-2008, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MRAMG1

See yeah
....and C3Ps rotors weigh less.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Both good points... but these have one advantage - they're available

C3P rotors were announced back in March as being "8-10 weeks out" - here we are, mid-Sept., and to my knowledge they're still "out of stock."

As I am not in need of a brake job at present, it really doesn't matter to me... I can patiently wait another 6+ months (at least) to see if the C3P ones ever show up, and get 'em if they do. Others might want a viable two-piece option soon - this looks to be the only game in town at this point.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
....and C3Ps rotors weigh less.
BUT are CIIIs available??? I am still waiting for the Spearco and the SC intakes too!! Now brakes???
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Originally Posted by MRAMG1

See yeah
So what is the price and availability of the Code 3 rotors?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
So what is the price and availability of the Code 3 rotors?

That is the million dollar question? Availability??
Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

They also look strangely similiar to another forum sponsor's project, detailed in the following thread:https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...368&highlight=

Coincidence?
Don't ya just love it when they put NO pricing???
Old 09-15-2008, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Don't ya just love it when they put NO pricing???
http://shop.code3performance.com/pro...=3&productId=7

Intended pricing appears to be $799 for the front set... so these racingbrake rotors come in a whopping $20 more expensive.

They are heavier, however... but it looks like it's because they're thicker than the C3P ones - so presumably they might last longer?

From what I can tell in pictures, they both look damn close to identical in design, with the racingbrake ones coming in very slightly thicker/heavier. However, today is literally the first time I've heard of "racingbrake" - anyone know of these guys; good, bad, or indifferent?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
need to replace my Brembo 335mm rotors ring soon. saw you guys have the slotted replacement, but do you guys have the cross drilled and slotted?
Old 09-15-2008, 08:06 PM

SLK32
How about making a set for the SLK32? They will also the W210 E55 and the W208 (I believe) CLK55.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Responses to question about rotor differences

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest and questions. We just edited the original post to give you a complete story about who we are and how these rotors were made available.

The rotor we offer here is similar to the one that Code3 presented during pre-release stage several months ago with the following differences:
  • Code3 did not disclose RB as the manufacturer. Now you know that we are the manufacturer.
  • On the prototype rotor that we provided to Code3, the surface was not yet coated - the disc surface was plain. In addition, the disc thickness was 28mm. Here you are looking at finished products - Hat is anodized and the rotor is EDP treated to prevent from corrosion. The disc thickness is exactly the same as stock of 30mm, and three disc finishes are available for your choice.

Why is RB pricing slightly more than Code3?
For the prototype, estimated cost and delivery time were used, and again here are the final finished and tested stock products that are ready for shipment. If you check around, you will find our prices are the most competitive against any competition including those who claim availability yet in fact, may not have actual products to ship.

Why is the RB rotor thicker/heavier than Code3?
In the prototype, BMW E46 competition front rotor ring was used, which we sell here:
http://www.racingbrake.com/M3_E46_Co...p/2102-311.htm
Now we have made 30mm thickness to to be exact to OE stock to qualify our two piece rotors as “ true stock replacement”

Will Code3 eventually get these rotors in stock?
We were misled and the project was put on hold for a while. We don't expect any of our dealers will carry and distribute our two-piece rotors in the near future, but they for sure will be available direct from us atwww.racingbrake.com.

Is RacingBrake a reputable brake company?
We have been in the brake business for over 20 years and have three patents in brake design. We tool and manufacture our brake products under our own engineering spec and material. We have thousands of satisfied customers (both street and track) and are highly successful in most demanding track racing communities such as Subaru WRX/Sti, Mazda RX-7/RX-8, Mitsubishi Evo8, Acura NSX, Corvette Z06 and BMW M3 etc. Here are excerpts from several product reviews. We invite you to search various forums to find out more about how RB brake products perform.
BMW Z4M review:
“I ended up installing DTC60 pads, RacingBrake front rotors (they needed replacement anyhow), Turner brass guide bushings, and opened up the ducts in the front. After 3 track days at Infineon and 2 at Thunderhill (at 103F) , the difference was amazing. No problem with cooling, fade or anything else and the feel was much improved.”

Mazda RX-7 review:
“Based on this experience, I think you could literally run a 3-day weekend flat out at Thunderhill with this setup without any issues. Not bad for an un-ducted brake system! The rotors, as before, showed no measurable wear whatsoever. What do they build these things out of? Based on my current rate of wear, I will have to replace them in the year 2046.”

Acura NSX review:
“The hottest I have gotten my RB rotors on the track is 500F and that is 100F-150F cooler than the OEM rotors I used to run under the same settings/conditions/track. Moral of the story, the RB brakes work. Don't ask me how”

Cadillac CTS-V review:
“With over 180 minutes of track time, the two piece brake rotor performed extremely well again. After running for periods of time and waiting for the last possible moment to enter and exit the turns, the RacingBrake rotors continue to perform unbelievably.” – Bobby Fischer, top CTS-V racer
This is our first release for Mercedes applications and we expect to do more. We would like you be the first one to test and prove to yourself how good our rotors are (PM us for the introductory special discount). We also partner with Hawk performance brake pads to offer you the best brake upgrade packages at very affordable prices.

Also, buying from RacingBrake is worry free. We offer a satisfaction guarantee to our customers.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
thanks for clearing things up.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
To whom it may concern (no name listed):

I'm glad to see you came aboard as sponsors and we're excited to see how things progress!

Also, we thank you for the informative post. Though, in all fairness to our longtime board members [we see you're new], I think it's proper to present facts just as they are -- facts. I have been speaking to Brandon about the rotors for quite sometime [since their conception, when you used Brandon's vehicle as a test mule] and I, unfortunately, think the "facts" you've presented are somewhat misconstrued.

For one, after inquiring about private labeling the rotors and being denied, we had no intention of branding the rotors as our own. Inquiry does not lead to definite action; far from.

Secondly, regarding your comment about being misled, such is far from the truth and is in direct contradiction to your email correspondence with Brandon. The best way to gain sales is to earn respect through honesty -- tip for the future.

In the end, we promote competition [I myself believe in Darwinism], though "low blows" and failed slanderous comments are really not called for.

Brandon will be chiming in soon to clarify things.

Best Regards,

Aaron

Last edited by Code3 Performance; 09-16-2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:33 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
RB
What about rear drilled rotors for the C32?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:07 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
RB,

could you let me know if you would have a cross-drilled and slotted replacement rotor ring for the Brembo GT 355mm disc? I only see the slotted version on your site. not really sure if I want to have slotted front and drilled and slotted on the rear.

thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Code3 Performance
To whom it may concern (no name listed):

I'm glad to see you came aboard as sponsors and we're excited to see how things progress!

Also, we thank you for the informative post. Though, in all fairness to our longtime board members [we see you're new], I think it's proper to present facts just as they are -- facts. I have been speaking to Brandon about the rotors for quite sometime [since their conception, when you used Brandon's vehicle as a test mule] and I, unfortunately, think the "facts" you've presented are somewhat misconstrued.

For one, after inquiring about private labeling the rotors and being denied, we had no intention of branding the rotors as our own. Inquiry does not lead to definite action; far from.

Secondly, regarding your comment about being misled, such is far from the truth and is in direct contradiction to your email correspondence with Brandon. The best way to gain sales is to earn respect through honesty -- tip for the future.

In the end, we promote competition [I myself believe in Darwinism], though "low blows" and failed slanderous comments are really not called for.

Brandon will be chiming in soon to clarify things.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Point of correction: Slander is an "oral" misstatement, It would be "libel" if written. Ok, carry on............................

Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Point of correction: Slander is an "oral" misstatement, It would be "libel" if written. Ok, carry on............................

This is WAAAY but it made me lol. Newzchspy is just fanning the fire!

I recently attended a common law seminar that briefly touched on this. According to what we were told, today there are no clear definitions. D@$n attorneys have blurred the line of written vs spoken. It could now be one in the same depending on how wide the audience. But, technically/officially you're still right.

So back on track here, great post RB! Very informative and nice to actually have a product available for purchase.

Last edited by SilverBulletAMG; 09-16-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Availability of rear rotors

Hello all,

Several people have asked about the availability of rear rotors. We currently do not make rear rotors for this application. But that's not to say that we will not make them in the future.

These front rotors are our first product for the Mercedes market, and if they prove to be a success (with your help, of course!), then we will certainly make rear rotors, as well.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 09-16-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned

C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
This is WAAAY but it made me lol. Newzchspy is just flaming the fire!

I recently attended a common law seminar that briefly touched on this. According to what we were told, today there are no clear definitions. D@$n attorneys have blurred the line of written vs spoken. It could now be one in the same depending on how wide the audience. But, technically/officially you're still right.
You're absolutely correct! When I learned about slander, libel, etc. in the late 90's slander and libel had distinct definitions and uses. Today such has changed, hence the increased usability of each word.

To make Newzchspy happy, my reference was partially pertaining to what was said on the phone - in an informal setting. This is why Brandon will be chiming in to clarify; he was a party to the conversation.

Lastly, Newzchspy, the definitions do appear to be the same on the surface, though after learning the true, in-depth meaning of the words there's really more to them than a one line sentence. For example, words spoken on radio or television are considered libel [though they're obviously not written], simply because of the massive audience they reach. These are things you learn when studying the words and applicability of each.

Had to make that clarification - sorry.

-Aaron

Last edited by Code3 Performance; 09-16-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS550
Originally Posted by FrankW
RB,

could you let me know if you would have a cross-drilled and slotted replacement rotor ring for the Brembo GT 355mm disc? I only see the slotted version on your site. not really sure if I want to have slotted front and drilled and slotted on the rear.

thanks
Frank,

Unfortunately, we only carry the slotted replacement rings for the Brembo kit.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike
Old 09-16-2008, 02:56 PM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Ooh ooh a sponsor fight
Old 09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
2016 E350 4Matic; 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2005 C55; 2003 360 Modena
I have done the AMG 030 brake upgrade, and the front OEM two piece rotors are 360mm. Do you have a replacement for the 360mm?

Last edited by kjb55; 09-16-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typ0
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz C200K Sport Edition and 04 C55 AMG
If i was going to do it, i would want to do front and rear's at the same time. So i will stick with OEM's for the time being.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2-piece performance rotors for C32/C55 AMG