good news!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
good news!

Rather than welding and repairing my damaged supercharger. I bought a new one from Mercedes. I'm just not in the mood to deal with a blower that could become a problem.

The machining quote and welding would have been $$$ and still leave the question open, "What if the supercharge doesn't works?" I couldnt let something like this let down my MBworld friends who have been waiting to see the results.

New supercharger will be in on Monday and I could have pics by then mounted on my car.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Good to hear

Looking forward to this build.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Rather than welding and repairing my damaged supercharger. I bought a new one from Mercedes. I'm just not in the mood to deal with a blower that could become a problem.

The machining quote and welding would have been $$$ and still leave the question open, "What if the supercharge doesn't works?" I couldnt let something like this let down my MBworld friends who have been waiting to see the results.

New supercharger will be in on Monday and I could have pics by then mounted on my car.
that is great news! can't wait to see this beast in person!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 C32, '08 ML63
That should work out well for you. I hope you can recoup the money you've spent in obtaining the used supercharger though.

And...I hope your girl took the news of additional costs well. I know that's usually my pain point. ;-)
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 C230SS
Cripes! Where did you come up with that pocket change- go slang a little blow Good luck. I know it's not my money or car- but now way would I have trusted a blower that had been hacked on like that. I don't care how good the welder was. Good choice, painful I'm sure, but certainly the better choice.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I'm making a claim on the SC with UPS. Its clear this thing was damaged when it was shipped. At this point the budget is blown (no pun intended). So whatever it take to get done. This makes for a good Friday.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:42 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
Nice....if I can ask-whats the ballpark on price for a (new/remanu) S/C from MBZ?
I'm thinking of modding my car after yours in stages.....nice work!

Trending Topics

Old 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Slang a little blow...LOL . I'm trying to picture myself on the corner of a middle class area telling high school kids at the bus stop "Yo you need some stuff? I'll cut you a deal becasue I need a supercharger!"

I dont think i've seen a drug since i was in college 5 years ago let alone touch one in 10 years. I Had to move some cash around and spend some rainy day money, My ol' lady seen how down i was when we found out it was cracked and bent so she was cool with getting a new one. Looks like 60 inches of HDTV are going to have to wait.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by rockjock
Nice....if I can ask-whats the ballpark on price for a (new/remanu) S/C from MBZ?
I'm thinking of modding my car after yours in stages.....nice work!
Dont follow in my footsteps its big $$$. You could get the Kleemann blower and have it installed and tuned for less than i have in parts alone. The list of parts is very long and pricey and there is just no way around that. Lots of custom little fabbed up things, Custom made crank pulley. Yeah its more then I was willing to spend fo sure. I should have went Kleemann from the get go and would advise others to go that route.

Your looking at 5k just for the blower and thats with no throttle body surge tanks, Etc...
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM

Mercedes Benz C200K Sport Edition and 04 C55 AMG
Dont follow in my footsteps its big $$$. You could get the Kleemann blower and have it installed and tuned for less than i have in parts alone. The list of parts is very long and pricey and there is just no way around that. Lots of custom little fabbed up things, Custom made crank pulley. Yeah its more then I was willing to spend fo sure. I should have went Kleemann from the get go and would advise others to go that route.

Your looking at 5k just for the blower and thats with no throttle body surge tanks, Etc...
Really glad to hear you are back on track. Lets hope UPS pay up.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
Hahahha nice, good to hear ur project it back on the route.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
This will speed things up a bit for sure. Monday morning the blower gets and can be installed. I'm so sick or driving the "Bang Bus" mini van. Its going to be a shock going from a 80whp (if that) mini van to a 450whp Mercedes.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Good stuff hooleyboy Oh,and I can identify with you on driving a beater and being without the C55 as I drive a 130hp beast all winter.......
Old 02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by wawy
Good stuff hooleyboy Oh,and I can identify with you on driving a beater and being without the C55 as I drive a 130hp beast all winter.......
I cant even keep up with traffic at a red light with this POS floored. Not to mention I crashed it the other day, hitting a pole in my parking space at work. I just laughed it off. The new dent just adds to the name "Bang Bus". I'm also known as "Minivan Mike" at work now.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
Great news that you are back on track. For sure it was the wiser choice given that you've already started down this path. Can't wait 'till your car is finished -- mad props on your courage and perseverance!! Don't ever stop pressing your claim against UPS, they will cave eventually.

I'm married and so far have avoided the minivan (had to buy my wife a Volvo though). The C55, however, may be my last toy for a while.

Last edited by Tump43; 02-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Tump43
Great news that you are back on track. For sure it was the wiser choice given that you've already started down this path. Can't wait 'till your car is finished -- mad props on your courage and perseverance!! Don't ever stop pressing your claim against UPS, they will cave eventually.

I'm married and so far have avoided the minivan (had to buy my wife a Volvo though). The C55, however, may be my last toy for a while.

Thanks man, If I had my car returned to NA i would be eating so much money and have nothing gained. When you get knocked down you gotta get back up. Lets hope I dont have to dodge anymore bullets. I think we are in good shape all my parts are new and OEM except the custom crank pulley so thats a plus. And this new SC has a warranty!

This minivan sucks. Its used as a shop car to pick up things and costco runs. Total beater. I also tow my quads with it. If I take the back seats out My Yammaha YFZ450 can fit in the back out it!.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 PM

2009 Mini Cooper Clubman S
Great news! You could tell from your last post how upset you were, and I'm glad you worked something out, even if it meant more $$$.

Anxiously awaiting the results!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by willc55
Great news! You could tell from your last post how upset you were, and I'm glad you worked something out, even if it meant more $$$.

Anxiously awaiting the results!
Yeah I was upset Like broken hearted style. Lots of questions were running in my head.

I tried to do this on a budget for all you guys and myself, but i was done playing games. I didnt know how long I would be without my car, I couldn't take anymore surprises poping up. I woke up today called my guy over at the MB dealer and told him I needed a price on a SC, he called me back with the price and cut me a bit of a deal on it. I weight my options and all the "Boohoo's" from what he wrote in a past thread. It just seem to be the best solution and the fastest way to fix the problem.

Tell you what... After I bought the thing it felt like a big Gatorade and 3 Advil after a good night of drinking.

I wish I could give you guys a ETA on when this thing is going to be done, but lets keep our fingers crossed for a next week completion.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
This will speed things up a bit for sure. Monday morning the blower gets and can be installed. I'm so sick or driving the "Bang Bus" mini van. Its going to be a shock going from a 80whp (if that) mini van to a 450whp Mercedes.
bang bus..? i got my mind on the bang bus..!! bang bus with love stains..!! funny ****..!! great to hear the good news.. get that ball rollen wuns again..
Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Bang bus is how hooley is paying for the new SC!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Bang bus is how hooley is paying for the new SC!
LOL!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio

Just curious why you didn't decide on a Renntech SC since DynoComp is a Renntech dealer. You've got Renntech parts installed already and I'm sure they can cut you a pretty good deal on one being that you're promoting their brand on this forum. I was offered a brand new one by Eurolite and Lucent about a year ago for less than $12K. The Renntech SC is also TWIN-SCREW and not the ROOTS type on the newer Kleemann SCs . Last thing is that DynoComp can easily apply their standard Renntech ECU program to it rather than having to custom tune it which is one of the biggest challenges you will face as your car is higher CR than the OEM 55K cars. You can run much more boost with a smaller pulley that will cost all of $100-150 and get 8-9lbs of boost and the AFM SCs don't have that clutch engage/disengage complication.

But going with an OEM SC may be good choice if you got a remanufactured one with a warranty for $5K. If you can pull this off and get the same or better results than a Renntech or Kleemann kit then I would think these two major tuners might be a little nervous that others will follow your path and then be forced to adjust there pricing knowing that there are other SC options out there. I'm glad you can trust your local Renntech dealer since I'm sure HQ would prefer that you do not succeed.

Keep it up. You are doing this board a great service! I've tried to force the prices down on Renntech and Kleemann back in 2005-2006 when I heavily promoted HPS's $7500 pricing on this forum and benzworld.org and succeeded a bit as Kleemann promptly dropped their prices from $13K to $11K without installation or ECU upgrade. Problem was that the HPS SC kit was inferior in design and I ultimately switched to Kleemann.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-28-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
I knew it was only a set back glad your back on path.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:14 PM

2005 C55 AMG, 2010 VW GTI (Stage 1)
nice work hooleyboy
Old 03-02-2009, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 c32 AMG 2012 c250 Coupe
hooleyboy, i was SURFIN youtube last nite and came across a video you shot of a c32 vs camaro.. what kind of camaro was it..? z28..? SS..?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: good news!