C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

522wtq 449whp! the car is complete!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by AMGSC
I suggest you get a used Kleemann twin-screw. Blackbenzz holds the overall MB quarter-mile record at 10.57.

As for my car, I am resuming my project this month when my tax refunds of $27K is deposited into my account. So Dynocomp or Evosport if you guys are reading this you will be expecting a phone call from me in a matter of days.

My car has been running very strong on only 5psi but am planning to install my smaller SC pulley combined with the larger crank pulley to get to 1bar psi.

With Hooley's long tubes, a new 109/91 oct tune from Renntech/Dynocomp and weight saving vented CF hood, drag radials, lighter wheels I have aspirations of shooting for the overall record myself early this year.

Have you run a qtr with your "current" set up?? Seems like Kleemann times are all over the board?? I know that several guys are running a smaller SC pulley on the Kleemanns, including BlkBenzzz and would love to find me one.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/U][/I][/B]

Have you run a qtr with your "current" set up?? Seems like Kleemann times are all over the board?? I know that several guys are running a smaller SC pulley on the Kleemanns, including BlkBenzzz and would love to find me one.
In 99F heat at Fontana last July on beat up Conti SportContact2s and heavy Work VS-XX wheels, I managed several 12.2s but I'm only running 5psi on a 9 to 1 compression ratio engine now. I also had an exhaust leak. Plan on revamping the entire cat-back dual eXhaust from 2.5inches to 3 inches.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
[/U][/I][/B]

I wonder where he got that......
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
[/U][/I][/B]

If you want to make yours a bit faster let me know. We can discuss in pm.
Originally Posted by loungn14
I wonder where he got that......
The most recent pulley I got from this guy Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jturkel
Mike....your car is sick.....one bad *** ****

props my man....and for your awesome cooling system for your S/C

+1
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
If you want to make yours a bit faster let me know. We can discuss in pm.

The most recent pulley I got from this guy Thanks again.
Sounds like Jake's been holding out on me? Was this from your Illinois trip?? That was ages ago?? Jake or Ahmed, hook me up!!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I am about to start the final phase of my C55 project before moving to a Clk BS twin-turbo project with lowered CR.

I don't really know where the limits are except to use Blackbenzz's car as a benchmark. After all is said and done, I will take it to Sac or even MIR with full race drag setup and see what she runs with and withot Nitrous.

Right now, I am considering several tuners including Goodspeed, Dynocomp or Evosport. I need a reputable and stable shop to do this project. I know the risks involved so I will sign a waiver and a non-disclosure if anything goes wrong.

Wish me luck. This should be interesting.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
I am about to start the final phase of my C55 project before moving to a Clk BS twin-turbo project with lowered CR.

I don't really know where the limits are except to use Blackbenzz's car as a benchmark. After all is said and done, I will take it to Sac or even MIR with full race drag setup and see what she runs with and withot Nitrous.

Right now, I am considering several tuners including Goodspeed, Dynocomp or Evosport. I need a reputable and stable shop to do this project. I know the risks involved so I will sign a waiver and a non-disclosure if anything goes wrong.

I am thinking you should be in the low 11s or the high 10s with those mods. You gotta be putting out close to 500 rwhp with the mods you have??
Old 02-15-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
Richard is the man! Dynocomp FTMFW! Congrats car looks great nice numbers!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55

I think your best bet is EVOsport at this point. Keep it local. If you run into an issue they are local to you, and that makes it much easier.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM

'03 C32 AMG
Wow, what a ride. And I who think my stock C32 performs well. This must be a beast to drive
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Apox
Wow, what a ride. And I who think my stock C32 performs well. This must be a beast to drive
....back when he had it, it was an absolute animal.

couple vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbsz3...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRKy5...eature=related
Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
that was a great car. I want to see my car obtain those numbers.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I actually see my old C55 quite often. It was bought at a salvage action and rebuild. Now it sits at an aprtment complex my friend lives in with deale plates on it. It does look good, I must say? Would I want to drive it? Hell no! Lots of structural damage was done to that car.

I will always wonder what that car could have really run, if the transmission was good and I didn't have all that negative camber in the back. I get a chuckle watching the old videos from time to time. chirping the tires in second gear of an automatic makes me smile.

Its a damn shame that I old got about 500 miles out of the rebuilt trans before I wrecked it. That mod alone made that car insane to drive (in a good way). I say it still to this day the new trans would have made me able to destroy any of my personal bests. To bad we will never know.

If the price comes down a bit I might buy another some day and do it all over again... the right way.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
I think your best bet is EVOsport at this point. Keep it local. If you run into an issue they are local to you, and that makes it much easier.
Well, that's quite a 360. I called Dynocomp and Richard was out sick. I learned that you guys have your own in-housing tuning software and capabilities and detached from Renntech. If Ken and Richard are not confident with tuning it from scratch instead of tweaking the Kleemann tune within the adaptation range then I completely understand.

I'm probably going with Goodspeed if AJ from ESS decides to take this project on. I heard he is the best in the business but must come all the way out from Norway on his next visit. Of course Oliver or Jeff can also be called upon if AJ is not available.

I am not in favor of using an piggy-back FIC based on all the people including Jeremy's partner at OE tuning.

I still want your C55 headers if the discount still stands but I would need to replace the entire Cat back dual exhaust with 3" diameters over the 2.5" ones I have now. I also need a bigger and better flowing X-pipe and swapping out the exhaust tips for bigger ones. I would love to upgrade the mufflers also if there is anything better out there.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-16-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Well, that's quite a 360. I called Dynocomp and Richard was out sick. I learned that you guys have your own in-housing tuning software and capabilities and detached from Renntech. If Ken and Richard are not confident with tuning it from scratch instead of tweaking the Kleemann tune within the adaptation range then I completely understand.

I'm probably going with Goodspeed if AJ from ESS decides to take this project on. I heard he is the best in the business but must come all the way out from Norway on his next visit. Of course Oliver or Jeff can also be called upon if AJ is not available.

I am not in favor of using an piggy-back FIC based on all the people including Jeremy's partner at OE tuning.

I still want your C55 headers if the discount still stands but I would need to replace the entire Cat back dual exhaust with 3" diameters over the 2.5" ones I have now. I also need a bigger and better flowing X-pipe and swapping out the exhaust tips for bigger ones. I would love to upgrade the mufflers also if there is anything better out there.
We have dumped RENNtech due to many many reasons. Including the antics of the owner of RENNtech himself. Yes Rich was out sick today. Oliver and Jeff wont be called upon because you would have to go though Ken and Ken works out of Dyno-Comp.

I will tell you some facts. The other AZ company you mentioned, are a spin off of Dyno-Comp. Run by 2 former employees of Dyno-Comp.

I'm going to stand up for my friend Rich on this one... Don't call Rich and pick his brain for hours on end, then only to go to the shop that he despises. Thats kind of messed up if you ask me. Being best friends with Rich, I'll be damned if I let a set of headers out the door that would be tuned by that shop. I don't have a loyalty to any shop. I have loyalty to people. So there is no way in Hell I would cross that line and offer any of my products to be used by people who have done so much to hurt my best friends business.

In reality, you can't call a shop and tell them your car is on its way. Only to have your car not show up. Then call them some more to pick their brain. Rich the owner literally tunes all day form 8am to most night 8pm if not later. He's not a sit at a desk kind of guy, he's always working on something. The waiting list can be long to have Rich tune your car. However people are willing to wait for an opening.

I'm just advising you that you need to pull the trigger soon. I'm sure most shops are not looking at this as any sort of C55 tuning sweepstakes. It seems as if thats how you are treating it. So you just have to make a choice before they don't want to do it at all. Please just don't string my friend along. Telling him the car is coming out only to have it not show up. If you choose EVOsport or Dyno-Comp I'll help you with any parts you want. However If you choose the 3rd option, I can't help you. As I have what I call a rare thing in this industry...And thats called loyalty.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for your input. I really like your C55 headers and would love to find any reputable shop to do my project. I don't think a $20K car is any tuner's sweepstakes but it is not an easy project to extract the maximum potential while still maintaining daily driveability. Kudos to you and Rich for pulling it off, that's why I would love for your shop to take it on while my expectations need to be realistic as well. It's a challenge that few tuners will take on and I understand the risks so I'm willing to be quiet if anything goes wrong and will sign any waiver and/or non-disclosure. Ken just left me a brief message while I was taking in a movie so I will call him back to see if we can get something started this week. I've finally got all the funds together to start this project and am willing to travel tomorrow to Scottsdale.

We have dumped RENNtech due to many many reasons. Including the antics of the owner of RENNtech himself. Yes Rich was out sick today. Oliver and Jeff wont be called upon because you would have to go though Ken and Ken works out of Dyno-Comp.

I will tell you some facts. The other AZ company you mentioned, are a spin off of Dyno-Comp. Run by 2 former employees of Dyno-Comp.

I'm going to stand up for my friend Rich on this one... Don't call Rich and pick his brain for hours on end, then only to go to the shop that he despises. Thats kind of messed up if you ask me. Being best friends with Rich, I'll be damned if I let a set of headers out the door that would be tuned by that shop. I don't have a loyalty to any shop. I have loyalty to people. So there is no way in Hell I would cross that line and offer any of my products to be used by people who have done so much to hurt my best friends business.

In reality, you can't call a shop and tell them your car is on its way. Only to have your car not show up. Then call them some more to pick their brain. Rich the owner literally tunes all day form 8am to most night 8pm if not later. He's not a sit at a desk kind of guy, he's always working on something. The waiting list can be long to have Rich tune your car. However people are willing to wait for an opening.

I'm just advising you that you need to pull the trigger soon. I'm sure most shops are not looking at this as any sort of C55 tuning sweepstakes. It seems as if thats how you are treating it. So you just have to make a choice before they don't want to do it at all. Please just don't string my friend along. Telling him the car is coming out only to have it not show up. If you choose EVOsport or Dyno-Comp I'll help you with any parts you want. However If you choose the 3rd option, I can't help you. As I have what I call a rare thing in this industry...And thats called loyalty.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-18-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I dropped off the car at DynoComp today. Picking up in about 4 weeks.

If anybody can work some magic on this car it's DynoComp. I'll start a separate thread as it makes progress. No more bashing of any tuners. The choice I made was mine and if anything goes wrong it's soley on me.

Last edited by AMGSC; 02-18-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I dropped off the car at DynoComp today. Picking up in about 4 weeks.

If anybody can work some magic on this car it's DynoComp. I'll start a separate thread as it makes progress. No more bashing of any tuners. The choice I made was mine and if anything goes wrong it's soley on me.

It finally happen !!! Now I can't wait to go there with you to pick up the Kleemann header. Oopss...I meant to pick up your car.

Last edited by Klinh; 02-19-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your last dyno numbers

Mike,

Can you attach a copy of your last dyno chart showing the highest ever numbers you obtained? I believed it was somewhere around 480rwhp/580rwtq. Was it on a Dyno Dynamics or Dynojet? What was the boost level and pulley diameters?

Richard is getting close to these numbers but still a little short unless he raises the boost. So far he's at 460rwhp/520rwtq as of 4pm but car was going back on the dyno when I called.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

sure, I keep a copy of it on my fridge like a school kids report card.
Keep in mind this was done on 100 octane tune. Torque was now on that run because I was messing around with the rear of the exhaust.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sure, I keep a copy of it on my fridge like a school kids report card.
Keep in mind this was done on 100 octane tune. Torque was now on that run because I was messing around with the rear of the exhaust.

Amazing that it was on a DD Dyno too. Did you have your MBH headers installed on this run?

I doubt Richard will hit these numbers without me going to 175mm lower and 63mm upper pullies. With lower compression pistons I should be safe but I hope Richard can program out that voltage clamp requirement. If so, I can raise boost to 14psi max.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 AM

2009 GMC Sierra crew cab and a 2005 C55
I actually see my old C55 quite often. It was bought at a salvage action and rebuild. Now it sits at an aprtment complex my friend lives in with deale plates on it. It does look good, I must say? Would I want to drive it? Hell no! Lots of structural damage was done to that car.

I will always wonder what that car could have really run, if the transmission was good and I didn't have all that negative camber in the back. I get a chuckle watching the old videos from time to time. chirping the tires in second gear of an automatic makes me smile.

Its a damn shame that I old got about 500 miles out of the rebuilt trans before I wrecked it. That mod alone made that car insane to drive (in a good way). I say it still to this day the new trans would have made me able to destroy any of my personal bests. To bad we will never know.

If the price comes down a bit I might buy another some day and do it all over again... the right way.
Hello, What would you say would be the right way?
Old 01-04-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
C32 amg
This 5 year old thread, good one