Lets see if my Warranty still works.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63

I was doing some top secret testing today and the end result was amazing. on the ride home my power steering took a crap (totally unrelated to anything). I drove it to the dealer for fixing... I'm not sure if they are going to fix it with all my mods. I told the SA That the power steering on the car was never touched and is totally stock (that is true). We will see if I end up getting fixed under warranty.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
you can quote them Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if they dont.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
This is the language to watch out for:

"The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance."

That is a very blanket statement and places a heavy burden on the consumer. Hopefully your SA will be cool about it though and it will be a non-issue.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
if I were to deny a warranty claim on your car...it would start with....with the added power of the modifications that are not stock to the vehicle-its our decision that this caused undue stress on the surrounding parts.....
gl on this one-def post the dealer and SA who fixes it if they do-thats a friendly dealer!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:40 PM

honda city

You have got it absolutely right...the words come crisp and clear and there is no way they can run away from it.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Not to be a negative nancy
but unfortunately they can refuse to do the work. Is it legal? No but they will put up the biggest fight before they come out of pocket.

A ways back I took my C230 that was lowered, 19" Carlssons and had a Remus Exhaust. They refused to replaced the bushings that were under a recall bc of my suspension.

I printed out a copy of the moss-magnusson act and handed it to my SA (real old timer). He just laughed at it.

His response was "We've seen this before and you will be up to your eyeballs in legal fees before we work on your car!"

Best advice Dont do Mods on your car.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by moosejaw
Not to be a negative nancy
but unfortunately they can refuse to do the work. Is it legal? No but they will put up the biggest fight before they come out of pocket.

A ways back I took my C230 that was lowered, 19" Carlssons and had a Remus Exhaust. They refused to replaced the bushings that were under a recall bc of my suspension.

I printed out a copy of the moss-magnusson act and handed it to my SA (real old timer). He just laughed at it.

His response was "We've seen this before and you will be up to your eyeballs in legal fees before we work on your car!"

Best advice Dont do Mods on your car.
+1.

I've heard a good analogy before:

Showing the Magnuson-Moss Act to a dealer who won't cover repairs is kind of like telling someone who is about to rob you that "Hey, you can't rob me--it's against the law".

But best of luck to you, hooley.

If you choose to mod, the safest way to do it IMO is to go to a place like MB of Buckhead in Atlanta where they will install Renntech/Kleemann mods and will still honor warranty work.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I was doing some top secret testing today and the end result was amazing. on the ride home my power steering took a crap (totally unrelated to anything). I drove it to the dealer for fixing... I'm not sure if they are going to fix it with all my mods. I told the SA That the power steering on the car was never touched and is totally stock (that is true). We will see if I end up getting fixed under warranty.
I'd love to get a video of the tech when he pops your hood and sees what is lurking under there!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Mike. Schumacher is the *****. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Who is your SA?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
It should look fairly OEM under the hood. Just look at them like they're the idiots if they try and tell you it's not "stock".hehe
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
You know it is OEM supercharger
Most MB's pay bottom dollar for techs anyways, they usually get their techs from the Honda and Ford Dealers.
I wouldnt be surprised if they dont notice.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
They covered it! saved about 2k, If they didnt cover it I would have just installed the new PS pump myself.

only think they didnt cover was new fuild??
Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
They covered it! saved about 2k, If they didnt cover it I would have just installed the new PS pump myself.

only think they didnt cover was new fuild??
haha that is bada$$. schumacher is the *****. who is your SA there, mike?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
nice work....
Old 04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
They didn't cover the fluid? That's retarded, but hard to complain I suppose. Glad the big stuff was at least.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by jturkel
haha that is bada$$. schumacher is the *****. who is your SA there, mike?

Paul Olson, I was refured to him by Richard from Dyno-Comp, So far what rich says about paul is true, Very good guy. Also John in parts is the man He goes above and beyond for you.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by SilverBulletAMG
They didn't cover the fluid? That's retarded, but hard to complain I suppose. Glad the big stuff was at least.
Yeah they said there was metal in the fluid, and the flushand new fluid is not covered. Only reason there is metal specs in the fluid is because the PS pump granaded. You are right its hard to complain about it.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

You are one lucky SOB...your engine compartment looks stock except your custom made air intake if I recall correctly.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by c32used
You are one lucky SOB...your engine compartment looks stock except your custom made air intake if I recall correctly.
That true, It looks very stock other then the intake. Just found out today all my part i bought from Mercedes SC project are covered under a 1 year warranty too.