76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Latest Progress Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Latest Progress Pics

After six months, this is what the latest progress looks like. I have a guarantee that it will be completely finished including custom dyno and road tuned after engine break-in by JUNE 30th after which I will start deducting $100 per day for every day after that.

These are the latest progress pics I got from FD today for your reference and the mods listed under my sig is what will be installed.

Please submit your vote on the final outcome.
Attached Thumbnails Latest Progress Pics-rc_-_block_1.jpg   Latest Progress Pics-rc_-_block_2.jpg  

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-13-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:24 PM

Not an AMG :(
Originally Posted by AMGSC
After six months, this is what the latest progress looks like. I have a guarantee that it will be completely finished including custom dyno and road tuned after engine break-in by JUNE 30th after which I will start deducting $100 per day for every day after that....
It's not clear what your goals are for this project (although they are likely to be formidable). Provide more information so that we can make a more informed decision before voting.

1. Under 'performance': this is what you already have installed?

2. Under 'Q2-09 by Fedor Dezyn': these are the mods yet to be installed?

3. What performance modifications under 'Performance' are going to be used along with the FD-installed power-adders? Can we assume you are keeping the Kleemann supercharger for the time being?

4. What is the goal for crank horsepower upon successful installation and tuning? Give an 'estimate'.

5. You posted in the W211 AMG forum: "....I guaranteee the MB dragtimes record will be shattered by this June. I'm thinking sub 10.3 on SC and high 9's with TT....". Are these expectations still applicable?

6. It seems to me that FD will either get the job done or not get it done regardless of a thread on MBWorld.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by boohooramblers
It's not clear what your goals are for this project (although they are likely to be formidable). Provide more information so that we can make a more informed decision before voting.

1. Under 'performance': this is what you already have installed? yes

2. Under 'Q2-09 by Fedor Dezyn': these are the mods yet to be installed? yes

3. What performance modifications under 'Performance' are going to be used along with the FD-installed power-adders? Can we assume you are keeping the Kleemann supercharger for the time being? Everything including Kleemann SC but smaller pulley raising boost to 1 bar.
4. What is the goal for crank horsepower upon successful installation and tuning? Give an 'estimate'. 500-550rwhp depending on boost levels balanced with drivability.
5. You posted in the W211 AMG forum: "....I guaranteee the MB dragtimes record will be shattered by this June. I'm thinking sub 10.3 on SC and high 9's with TT....". Are these expectations still applicable? Yes, but at higher boost than 1 bar and weight reductions much like Ahmad (BlackBenzz)
6. It seems to me that FD will either get the job done or not get it done regardless of a thread on MBWorld.Agreed. But based on what you see in the pics is it possible to complete the items on the Q2 list (except for Zex) in 10 work days?
Above are my answers...

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-13-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Whats your gut feeling?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Not an AMG :(
Above are my answers...
Extremely lofty goals to be accomplished in 10 work-days.
Then again, if your vehicle is the only priority for FD in the next 10 days, anything is possible.

I'm going to say 'not possible' in 10 days based solely on the fact that tuning this motor is going to be tough. You of all people are intimately aware of the issues that can arise with tuning.
Lets say that the hardware is installed without a hitch (valves, etc., etc.) and that tolerances, clearances, and compression are acceptable. Let us also assume that cranking of the motor and test driving goes without incident (i.e. no metal shards in the sump, etc.).

You are installing unique modifications (in unique permutations and combinations) on an M113 that I have never heard about.
[Disclaimer: that doesn't mean nobody has ever done at least some of them before]

BTW, you ought to include another option in your poll (in between the last two). You are basically saying that if it is not accomplished in 10 working days + 1 week, there is the possibility of a lawsuit?
How about the option of voting for:

"Not Completed - will take as long as is necessary to make it work safely"

After all, we all want to see this work for you.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Extremely lofty goals to be accomplished in 10 work-days.
Then again, if your vehicle is the only priority for FD in the next 10 days, anything is possible.

I'm going to say 'not possible' in 10 days based solely on the fact that tuning this motor is going to be tough. You of all people are intimately aware of the issues that can arise with tuning.
Lets say that the hardware is installed without a hitch (valves, etc., etc.) and that tolerances, clearances, and compression are acceptable. Let us also assume that cranking of the motor and test driving goes without incident (i.e. no metal shards in the sump, etc.).

You are installing unique modifications (in unique permutations and combinations) on an M113 that I have never heard about.
[Disclaimer: that doesn't mean nobody has ever done at least some of them before]

BTW, you ought to include another option in your poll (in between the last two). You are basically saying that if it is not accomplished in 10 working days + 1 week, there is the possibility of a lawsuit?
How about the option of voting for:

"Not Completed - will take as long as is necessary to make it work safely"

After all, we all want to see this work for you.
Thanks for the valuable input but your additional option is not an option for me. FD has agreed to the terms I laid out verbally but I need him to sign it in order to allow your recommendation to be possible. ($100 per day after June 30th and not completed). The original estimate was 2-3 months and that was why I agreed to this project. There are just too many stories of why things were delayed. Not happy at this time.

Bottom Line: If you can't complete a project in more than double the time you originally committed to then:

A) You have financial capital issues.
B) You have capability issues.
C) You have integrity issues.
D) All of the above.
E) You have ISSUES.

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-13-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Thanks for the valuable input but your additional option is not an option for me. FD has agreed to the terms I laid out verbally but I need him to sign it in order to allow your recommendation to be possible. ($100 per day after June 30th and not completed). The original estimate was 2-3 months and that was why I agreed to this project. There are just too many stories of why things were delayed. Not happy at this time.
I want to see this car get done. If the terms are the terms, stick to your guns. Get the car and the project you paid for. If its does not get done, hit me up I will get that motor build for you.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No Votes yet?

I will make the poll's answers anonymous.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I think you need to change your poll choices.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Yea I voted. I guessed the last answer...lawsuit. 10 days is quick. Good luck though.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Yea I voted. I guessed the last answer...lawsuit. 10 days is quick. Good luck though.
Thanks for your honest opinion. It really pisses me off when all I get is the same pic of my HOLLOW block from over 1 month ago and I keep getting promises that the machine shop will assemble and deliver the engine to FD on Monday. That's been 4-5 consecutive Monday promises and no progress whatsoever.

PM me if you know something about FD that I don't.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I think you need to change your poll choices.
What do you suggest? finish by 2010? BK?

Think I'm gonna call the machine shop guy and ask him what's the delay. I hope he doesn't say he hasn't been paid yet so no work has begun.

That would really suck. I dread thinking about what the Bernie Madoff investors went through.

Off course...if I start getting pics and eyewitness the rapid progress then I will be less anxious. The reasons for the recent delays in order of most recent were:
1) 1 bolt was missing.
2) Rod bearing color code mismatch.
3) Two valves were missing.
4) Machine Shop guy was sick.
5) He was sick.
6) Piston tolerances needed reinspection by Ross.
7) Pistons were errroneously made to stock compression.

There are more but I'd have to dig up my emails, voicemails or try recalling from memory. I'm seriously running out of patience. I've already paid $15K of the $19K for this build and I am fukin nervous as hell based on some rumors I'm hearing. If I'm being played then there's going to be hell to pay for.

Last edited by AMGSC; 06-14-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
good luck dude, hopefully you paid with a cc.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
Thanks for your honest opinion. It really pisses me off when all I get is the same pic of my HOLLOW block from over 1 month ago and I keep getting promises that the machine shop will assemble and deliver the engine to FD on Monday. That's been 4-5 consecutive Monday promises and no progress whatsoever.

PM me if you know something about FD that I don't.
Since FD contracted out your engine work with another shop it doesn't seem fair to blame FD if the work is delayed. FD can only do so much since they're not doing the actual work.

I was in the same position as you currently are. My engine build kept getting delayed by months and Victor said it was due to some employee lay-offs in the shop which made them over booked with work and pushed my build off to the side. Victor gave me his engine builder's contact info and I contacted him myself. Victor and I have always stayed in contact, but it was great to speak with the engine builder himself as I was able to confirm the situation and get detailed information about my engine build.

The way I approach these builds is that you should expect some delays at each level of progress.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
The reasons for the recent delays in order of most recent were:
1) 1 bolt was missing.
5) He was sick.
Things happen, bro! I wouldn't read into these delays too much.

Just stay positive, focused on the end result, and most important, keep your patience!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
What do you suggest? finish by 2010? BK?

Think I'm gonna call the machine shop guy and ask him what's the delay. I hope he doesn't say he hasn't been paid yet so no work has begun.

That would really suck. I dread thinking about what the Bernie Madoff investors went through.

Off course...if I start getting pics and eyewitness the rapid progress then I will be less anxious. The reasons for the recent delays in order of most recent were:
1) 1 bolt was missing.
5) He was sick.

There are more but I'd have to dig up my emails, voicemails or try recalling from memory. I'm seriously running out of patience. I've already paid $15K of the $19K for this build and I am fukin nervous as hell based on some rumors I'm hearing. If I'm being played then there's going to be hell to pay for.

Honestly I dont think it gets completed by june 30th. Its not fair to you if it doesnt. I'm on your side 100% You list of reasons is valid in my eyes. Just like all the other members, we want to see this car finished. At this point keep your paper trail in order in case it comes down to a court case.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:50 PM

05 C55
bare block, to complete running and tuned in ten days is quite a lofty goal. if progress is being made, i dont think i would want to rush the assembly of such a high dollar item. now if nothing is happening, then that is a different story entirely. GL with it, id really like to see the finished product
Old 06-14-2009, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
The votes are unanimous at this point!haha
Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I wish there was a vote for... Project not completed, possible lawsuit, find a shop to finish it.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
well-there are 2 people that are hopefull in some form-
GL on the finish-should be a beast when it gets there-deadlines suck-once they come and go-its a whole new feeling-but when it starts out-seems a mile away!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 Designo 030
Today is June 15th, that means they have 15 days to complete the project.

I know you have been waiting for over 6 months and I can't imaging how frustrated you are; but... you need to handle the situation towards your benefit. At the end of the day, you want a complete beast, get what you pay for and avoid dealing with lawsuits and such.

Give them double the time frame you were offered... say until July 15th (or that following Friday July 17th). Not one minute after that. You know better they won't have the car ready by the end of the month. You know you don't want to waste your time dealing with lawyers. You want your car, running properly and the way you envisioned it...

You know also your money is long gone and you are at the mercy of the tuner. You are in a delicate situation where the only proactive measurement will be to work things out for the best of your interests. Tell them to prepare a detailed time frame of activities and to update you every 2-3 days. You need to get details and follow up on each step. Otherwise, you are going to be here July 1st more frustrated than now.

On the same token, this is what happens when dealing with small upcoming tuners. There isn't cash anywhere these days. You will see companies being sold, split or simply dissapear during these times. Some people complain about companies like Renntech for example. What do you think happens when you bring your car to the big guys, $30K and a wishlist? You always get what you pay for...
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
///AMG4EVER is the Angel on your shoulder. Allow me to be the devil here.
Even if they did by some miracle manage to get it all completed by the end of the month, it STILL would have taken them waaay too long to accomplish this. There is no way they should be given more time. A deduction of $100 per day is very fair. It will be interesting to see how much quicker things start moving along once their wallets are hit.
AMGSC, you're a very patient man and I think that's been exploited. You have 6+ months of depreciation on a car that's been sitting in pieces. It's definitely time to put your foot down.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM

I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
I say put your foot-up their 2 hole.
patient man-I envy you!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM

'13 Dodge Dart, '16 Audi Q5
I would definately say that you need some form of results soon.

The biggest issue I have with deducting $100 a day after June 30th is you only leave yourself 40 days after June 30th to "punish" them (since you said you'd already paid 15K out of 19K total). After that they can take their sweet time until legal matters get involved...

Tread softly in this area, but defintaely don't be pushed around...

I would definately sit down and weigh out all the options by yourself on paper and then make a final decision based on your own gut feeling and opinions.

Good Luck with everything, we all hope for a positive turn out I'm sure.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
voted...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest Progress Pics