C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Vent time! BAD Cust. Service @ MB of Sacramento!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
Vent time! BAD Cust. Service @ MB of Sacramento!

Sorry, just had to vent, because i read up on some of the forums here, how some of the members take their car in the dealership for service...and they get loaner cars easily...

This experience happened to me like 3 weeks ago..yea been a while, but it still lingers in my head, why i was treated differently hahaha..
so..

i dont understand?! i took my C32 in at the dealership here in Sacramento, they siad they wanted to leave it in over night for diagnostic and ****, once i approved, all they were gonna do was give a shuttle ride, but i told them i wouldnt benefit from that at all because i need someway of getting to work tomorrow morning....they refused to give me a loaner car, on which they swore they didnt have, but they obviously have one infront of the dealership,a white ML350 4matic with a HUGE banner on the back, MB of Sacramento Service Loaner Vehicle! im like WTF IS UP WIT THAT! The still refused that they didnt have a loaner car, but later on, an older lady drives up with an S500, and she was kindly offered the damn loaner car, im like WTF?!

after that, i threw hell, told them how are they gonna tell me they didnt have a loaner vehicle and they obviously did, because that lady drove off with it! BTW i was the 2nd person that pulled in in the service lot at 0715! Theyre service dept. opens at 0730! and i could've swoorrnnn loaners are first come first serve basis..

the stupid service advisor decided to give me a mercedes rental, BUT i have to pay for it out of my damn pocket effin $89 a day! im like FORGET THAT! WHAT a service! told them i want my car back, and off i left!

ive been seriously getting bad serviece from these damn stealers...they were nice though when i picked up the C32 AMG from them..

just had to vent it out... :-/
Old 08-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I DON'T COME HERE ANYMORE
While I understand that you're frustrated-I dont really understand your frustration-did you buy the car from this dealer? Most (if not all) that offer loaners like that offer them to regular customers that purchase their vehicles, as well as service them there-
I hope you dont assume that you drive an AMG that doors will open, and ladies will come running.....especially in that market (here in MN-yeah, an AMG stands out more-but its still a C class to most)....
Old 08-06-2009, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
yessir, the car was bought from the dealership :-] included with the extended warranty
Old 08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
She probably had a reservation and requested the loaner. I don't really know why they wouldn't pay for your loaner maybe they just didn't like you or weren't spending enough to cover the rental You can also bargain with the rental company for a lower rate. Also I am not sure what it was in for service for, but sometimes customers take advantage of rentals and bring their cars in with a non-existent problem to get a rental over the weekend and take it to Vegas or long trips so they don't go over miles on their leases.

Last edited by JonMBZ; 08-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
i've never had a problem getting a loaner at my dealership in Scottsdale at Schumacher (location of car purchase). I think its a great dealership. They covered Hooley's power-steering with his S/C installed lol. I also got them for free at a dealership in Tucson where I lived for 4 years (3 or 4 different times/cars, though not all MB). A year ago, they were all out of loaners and they were making me wait. I waited like 30 minutes and then started throwing a fit. I asked to talk to the GM and basically told him how ridiculous it was to make me wait 30 minutes to find me a loaner and how he was making me late for my molecular genetics class. He apologized, gave me his card, and gave me a CLK550 with 1K miles on it and i had it for 5 days. Non-loaner car, just had been cleaned as it still had the papers on the floor. That was ballin. I actually wrote a thread about that somewhere lol.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. That should not happen and I would complain to the GM next time for sure.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300, 2012 Mustang
My dealer pays for the rental up to like 60 bucks a day, and if I wanna upgrade I pay the difference myself
Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 AM

W208 CLK 55 AMG
Usually here if you want to get a loaner you would ring to make an appointment for your service and make sure they have a loaner car available at that time.

If your car isn't still under Mercedes factory warranty then you have to pay for it.

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2009, 10:19 PM

1998 C43
We charge $30 for our loaners. And offer them to basically anyone that wants them. We used to only have 203's, now have upgraded to 204's and we now have a few Smart cars as well. We will probably be switching to all Smart cars in the future.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
Back then when my DD was my 87 190e 2.3 (bought used in 1992-present now as a back up), I'd take the car for repair at then Claridge in Fremont, CA. If it was a day job, I get a shuttle ride to and from work. If it's more than a day, I get the first 24 hours rent free which is about the longest time except one time, they apologized for not having my car ready as announced. They let me have
a new C320 over the weekend gratis.

Now, once in a while, I'd take it to Smythe on Stevens Creek. Again, it's always a free shuttle ride to and from work (they'll' pick you up at work) if it's a day's job. Oh, sure they charge a lot (that's why theyr'e called stealership) but it's those little services that takes off a little bit of the pain.

BTW, I did not purchase the C32 from them. Oh, and they also give your car a car wash, too, occasionally when really necessary.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 60n5pt1
Back then when my DD was my 87 190e 2.3 (bought used in 1992-present now as a back up), I'd take the car for repair at then Claridge in Fremont, CA. If it was a day job, I get a shuttle ride to and from work. If it's more than a day, I get the first 24 hours rent free which is about the longest time except one time, they apologized for not having my car ready as announced. They let me have
a new C320 over the weekend gratis.

Now, once in a while, I'd take it to Smythe on Stevens Creek. Again, it's always a free shuttle ride to and from work (they'll' pick you up at work) if it's a day's job. Oh, sure they charge a lot (that's why theyr'e called stealership) but it's those little services that takes off a little bit of the pain.

BTW, I did not purchase the C32 from them. Oh, and they also give your car a car wash, too, occasionally when really necessary.
+5 for awesome MB Cust. Service :-]
sucks i had such a bad experience