More small issues!! lol...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS, SLK, ETC
More small issues!! lol...

Ok So I took my car to Mechanic to check n see why it doesn't "chrip" when I lock/unlock the car... Alarm doesn't even work when I press "PANIC" button.. Fog light only blinks till I put the key into ignition.

Well, he couldn't figure out why it's doing that.. So I took the car back home and NOW MY WINDOW doesn't roll down or go up when I hold the lock /unlock buttons (summer feat).. It doesn't work even when I use the metal key..

I know it's not a big issue and I could live without it but this small problems are botherin me like hell...

IS THERE A SIMPLE WAY I could reset things or is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in adv.

Oh yea.. Heres how MB Mech changes oil in Korea... I guess its a little more effective when you use the machine............ I still prefer drain'n it by removing plugs but o well...
Attached Thumbnails More small issues!! lol...-p090620001.jpg  

Last edited by Quicktwinturbo; 08-28-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 C32 1987 190E 2.3 334K miles and going
One time my car alarm kicked in but at a very low level (if it's inside the garage u won't hear it from the outside). I disconnected the battery but the aalrm kept goin on!! I had the battery checked out the next day but was ok.
All of a sudden at the battery shop, my car won't start.
Long story short, it was a CPS going bad. At my local independent MB shop, I had the alarm problem checked out, too.
When I picked the car 2 hours later, all is well plus the tech put a chirp sound
every time I started or killed the engine. No charge for the Netherland set up since they actually had to replace the alarm unit. Nice.
It's been fine ever since. (about 10 months now). I was never told what was wrong with the alarm unit but that it was replaced whatever that was.
GL
Old 08-29-2009, 01:24 AM

//AMG C55/C180/Hondacbr600rr
my windows wont roll up our down either when u hold down the buttons on remote..........must be a way to reset it
Old 08-29-2009, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by Project
my windows wont roll up our down either when u hold down the buttons on remote..........must be a way to reset it
Mine does it when it feels like it. New batteries or not, close or far.
I don't even bother as its more trouble than it's worth. I'm actually just pretty happy that my cars been running pretty well lately.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:20 AM

suby
Originally Posted by Quicktwinturbo
Ok So I took my car to Mechanic to check n see why it doesn't "chrip" when I lock/unlock the car... Alarm doesn't even work when I press "PANIC" button.. Fog light only blinks till I put the key into ignition.

Well, he couldn't figure out why it's doing that.. So I took the car back home and NOW MY WINDOW doesn't roll down or go up when I hold the lock /unlock buttons (summer feat).. It doesn't work even when I use the metal key..

I know it's not a big issue and I could live without it but this small problems are botherin me like hell...

IS THERE A SIMPLE WAY I could reset things or is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in adv.

Oh yea.. Heres how MB Mech changes oil in Korea... I guess its a little more effective when you use the machine............ I still prefer drain'n it by removing plugs but o well...

we suck out the engine oil in the states too, actualy more effective then drainin.

check the operation of your windows with both keys. you can have a key that is going bad(key batterys) so a esy way to check it is to perform actions with both keys. if you have a dvom(digital multi meter) take the key batterys out and measure the voltage of each battery it should be at or above 3v

Last edited by pntballpunk; 08-29-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:29 PM

//AMG C55/C180/Hondacbr600rr
tried both keys nothing dont understand this
Old 08-30-2009, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
WEll it could be the IR sensor by ur driver side door. Mine works now when I take the key very close to the IR sensor..

Trending Topics

Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Mine does it when it feels like it. New batteries or not, close or far.
I don't even bother as its more trouble than it's worth. I'm actually just pretty happy that my cars been running pretty well lately.
Couldn't have said it better myself...