C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

need help problems with mods on c55

Old 09-15-2009, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 2007 ducati 999 1991 skyline gt-r fully restored and heavily modded
need help problems with mods on c55

in the last bit i have done sum lil steps to up the performance and look on my 05 c55. But lik my dad say "the more u touch it the more problems u get"and i am starting to think hes right.

1)i installed kleeman headers cats and tune and now i have a ticking noise comin from the engine, higher the rpm the more it ticks. My buddy say it is valve train noise that come with installing headers is this true?is it normal?
2)i have been driving and when i punch it and it hits redline once in a blue moon it wont shift into the next gear for second or 2. Does anyone else's car do this?
3)i installed h&r springs and i have a creeking noise comin from the front left suspension when i am going over bumps could it be a steering rack bushing cuz i no sum car when u lower u need upgraded aluminum bushings and if so does anyone no is they make them for our cars?

thx for helpin me out
Old 09-15-2009, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by cheonn
in the last bit i have done sum lil steps to up the performance and look on my 05 c55. But lik my dad say "the more u touch it the more problems u get"and i am starting to think hes right.

1)i installed kleeman headers cats and tune and now i have a ticking noise comin from the engine, higher the rpm the more it ticks. My buddy say it is valve train noise that come with installing headers is this true?is it normal?
2)i have been driving and when i punch it and it hits redline once in a blue moon it wont shift into the next gear for second or 2. Does anyone else's car do this?
3)i installed h&r springs and i have a creeking noise comin from the front left suspension when i am going over bumps could it be a steering rack bushing cuz i no sum car when u lower u need upgraded aluminum bushings and if so does anyone no is they make them for our cars?

thx for helpin me out
cant help you with 3 but

1) your tick is 100% an exhaust leak from the header install........were new gaskets used when installed? were the gaskets placed on the correct way? did you use new bolts or old ones? and did you torque them down to the proper specifications?

2) Hooley's car did this. he upgraded his transmission solenoids and now his car shifts insanely quick. however, you don't make nearly as much power as he does and so this might not be an issue. have you done the "ecu reset" (not really ecu reset, but thats what it is called for some reason)?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Even when my car was NA it would shift funny from time to time. almost like the trans didnt know what to do. It only got worse when I added big power. I did the transmission solenoid mod and it solved the problem. For a mod under $500 it was one of the best.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
Even when my car was NA it would shift funny from time to time. almost like the trans didnt know what to do. It only got worse when I added big power. I did the transmission solenoid mod and it solved the problem. For a mod under $500 it was one of the best.
Mike, can you tell me what you did and have any part #s and cost of each one?? Is this an easy job???
Old 09-15-2009, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
If you want to try the blue top solenoids trans valves, I have a new pair willing to let go for 20% off the cheapest price you find.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C55, 09 E350
Yea I can agree I have said this on here before too. The car puts you back into the seat then all a sudden while shifting it just stops then all your body weight moves forward. Really annoying and sucks if you happen to be racing someone and your car just stalls.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Mike, can you tell me what you did and have any part #s and cost of each one?? Is this an easy job???

you want part number A240 270 00 89. you need 2 of them. Its shown in this pic as #30. They have blue tops. Our cars C55/C32 has brown tops.

old solenoid from my C55 (brown top)

Blue top solenoids have much bigger openings

Old 09-16-2009, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c55 2007 ducati 999 1991 skyline gt-r fully restored and heavily modded
wow thx guyz for the quick responses that has helped lot