my car seems to be falling apart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 c32 amg 94 3000gt vr4
my car seems to be falling apart

hello,

in the past couple weeks my c32 has had more things go wrong with it than in the past 2 years. I realized the other day the passenger side back door electronics aren't working. the door doesn't unlock with all the others, and the window wont roll down. i did some searching but cant really find anything. is there a fuse for each door by chance?

second, last night the tilt on my steering wheel seems to have gone bad. the motor is still making noise and after searching it seems i tore the plastic dogbone that controls it. is there a writeup somewhere to quick fix or replace this?

my passanger seat is currently unplugged because its causing an 800 milliamp draw when the car is off. I just found the quick fix for that and will be undertaking that this week.

a clunking sound when i make a hard right turn. lower control arm bushing im guessing?

the car still performs outstandingly well, and i always stay on top of the maintainance but all these things seem to just hit at once. is this a sign of things to come?
Old 09-20-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by twinttsvr4
hello,

in the past couple weeks my c32 has had more things go wrong with it than in the past 2 years. I realized the other day the passenger side back door electronics aren't working. the door doesn't unlock with all the others, and the window wont roll down. i did some searching but cant really find anything. is there a fuse for each door by chance?

second, last night the tilt on my steering wheel seems to have gone bad. the motor is still making noise and after searching it seems i tore the plastic dogbone that controls it. is there a writeup somewhere to quick fix or replace this?

my passanger seat is currently unplugged because its causing an 800 milliamp draw when the car is off. I just found the quick fix for that and will be undertaking that this week.

a clunking sound when i make a hard right turn. lower control arm bushing im guessing?

the car still performs outstandingly well, and i always stay on top of the maintainance but all these things seem to just hit at once. is this a sign of things to come?
Not sure. Just fix each when you can afford to. Before long, it's back to normal. I had my trans cooler go out, my IC pump go out, and crank pulley replaced. Maintenance wise I had my bushings, battery replaced and that's about it. I only have 65k on my 04. My warranty runs out at 100k so if something goes, I hope it's before the warranty runs out.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by trbo2nr
Not sure. Just fix each when you can afford to. Before long, it's back to normal. I had my trans cooler go out, my IC pump go out, and crank pulley replaced. Maintenance wise I had my bushings, battery replaced and that's about it. I only have 65k on my 04. My warranty runs out at 100k so if something goes, I hope it's before the warranty runs out.
Geez, your car sounds like Vic's BUT his is rusting too
Old 09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 C32, 2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2007 Harley NightRod, 2013 Harley Road Glide Custom
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Geez, your car sounds like Vic's BUT his is rusting too
I noticed a few bubbles in the paint the other day......hope it's not rust. What a PITA to fix.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
steering column tilt is an easy fix. you only need to take off the cover under the dash to get to it. the dog-bone part is cheap.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Frank,

If you have any instructions for removal of the parts please share it w/ me -

Or anyone else for that matter -

please PM me.

* I am wtg to get a little more specific info on how to open and remove (which pieces), before starting on this task * Otherwise ready and wtg to start asap.

Thank You
Old 10-23-2010, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Wow, you guys have it easy... I won't even make a list of what's gone wrong on mine after owning for a year, and putting 20k miles.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
the seat control module drain can be fixed by cutting the constant power wire and tapping it to the igniton power only wire. Its a 5min diy. I posted the updated diy on my seat control module thread on the last page.

I believe there's a diy on the dog bone on the w203 forum.