C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Off-topic, but some of you wanted to know...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Off-topic, but some of you wanted to know...

I think the C32/55 subforum is more of a family/friends setting than a generic, random car forum. So, I'll share my offtopic, personal story here with you guys.

As some, and perhaps many, of you know or have come to know, I'm currently working in a biochemical research lab and applying to medical school. AND, I took my MCAT last month on August 21st. A bunch of you guys wanted me to update you on how it goes, and to be honest, I don't remember all 10-15 of you who wanted an update. So, I'll post it, completely off-topic.

So the story goes:

September 22nd. I was supposed to receive the MCAT score that night at 9pm (late, i know, right?)

Woke up, bright and early from receiving a phone call from my mother to tell me my grandfather took a huge step in finally getting over his bout of ulcerative collitis among other things wrong with him. First big step in his recovery in three months, which is nice.

As I was getting into the shower, I received a random text message from a friend, telling me she had to babysit or something for 36 hours.......weird?

Whatever.......get out of the shower, go to the computer as I always do. Check emails, facebook, of course mbworld....and then i decided to verify that my MCAT score will be up at 9pm tonight and not at, say, 5pm which is more reasonable.......logging in.......loading..........

walk away, get dressed, put my glasses on, and walk back over to the computer.....sit down, then i see it.

36S. i just kinda sat there for a second. reading and re-reading the score and verifying it was in fact MY score and i didnt just accidentally make-up and correctly put in someone else's log-in info.....nope, it was definitely MY score.

by far, one of THE most exciting moments of my life. i went crazy. heart/pulse started to race. i immediately started having uncontrollable tremors, my hands went numb, and i couldnt even stand. i hyperventilated and had to quickly grab a paper bag to breathe out of and get water. i called/texted my family and friends and it was an amazing day.

for those of you who are familiar with the test, the score breakdown per my score readout online was this:

Verbal Reasoning (VR): 10 Percentile Range: 69.1 - 84.5
Physical Sciences (PS): 14 Percentile Range: 98.2 - 99.8
Writing Sample (WS): S Percentile Range: 94.1 - 99.1
Biological Sciences (BS): 12 Percentile Range: 89.2 - 95.8
Total Score: 36S Percentile Range: 96.2 - 97.5

I still feel like I'm high, on something, not sure what. maybe life? lol. I'm just elated with my score and everything right now. With that score among the other important aspects of my applications (the most important two on the apps being the MCAT and GPA), I now stand a chance to get into some really good schools i think!

Anyway, there's my update for all of you. Oh, and this is what I have looked like for the past 24+ hrs --> ....nonstop

oh and in even more good news, the score just got me a job offer (without actually applying) on teaching MCAT preparatory classes for The Princeton Review until i get accepted into medical school. Good times, good times.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Great news! Congrats glad to hear life is going great for you.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
still feel like I'm high, on something, not sure what. maybe life? lol. I'm just elated with my score and everything right now. With that score among the other important aspects of my applications (the most important two on the apps being the MCAT and GPA), I now stand a chance to get into some really good schools i think!

Anyway, there's my update for all of you. Oh, and this is what I have looked like for the past 24+ hrs --> ....nonstop

** Congrats man, you of all people deserve this. I remember feeling the same way Years AGO on the LSAT results and getting into the law school that I really really wanted!! ***

Now, if you don't change that sig picture, I am going to assume that you're going to be an OB/Gynie

Congrats!!! Now let us know where you're going so we can come visit you The Kleemann S7 really needs to stretch its leggggs...........................................
Old 09-23-2009, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Congrats!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
way to go bro!!! good things come to those that work hard for it!!
Old 09-23-2009, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
WOW that sick, Congrats! way to go.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Congratulations man. I am...jealous! I just enrolled in a Kaplan MCAT class...Nice job on the physical sciences.

Time to celebrate?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an AMG :(
Heartfelt congratulations to you!
Good news about your grandfather also!

I dig the coincidental 36-hour babysitting! 36S is a very formidable score and I hope you get into your medical school of choice.

I think I can speak for many here on the C32/C55 forum and say that we are collectively proud of you! Over the past year, I've seen various posts from you alluding to your study efforts, so it's fantastic to hear that it all worked out for you!

You are going to love medicine - I was telling you previously that I am in medical school right now (started a month ago). Despite the massive workload, I absolutely love it. I should have done it sooner!

Best of luck in the admissions and interviewing process and keep us posted where you end up!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Congrats. Great score. Now the hard work begins.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MercedesFTW
Congratulations man. I am...jealous! I just enrolled in a Kaplan MCAT class...Nice job on the physical sciences.

Time to celebrate?
thanks! you can do it.....if it is any consolation since you just enrolled, my first practice test score (before studying) was an 18. it was like a P:5 V:6 B:7.......worked my way up slowly but surely. best advice i can give is to do TONS of practice tests. TONS. like, 15+.....if thats possible. while studying this summer, i was doing 1 a week, and then two weeks up to my exam, i was doing one every other day.

verbal is rough. always has been my weakest section. i'm so happy with a 10, i can't begin to explain lol. i was getting 8s and 9s on the verbal practices. only had 1 or so 10s on a practice exam.

if you need any tips or have questions about the test, lemme know! i might be teaching for your rival company soon lol

Originally Posted by boohooramblers
Heartfelt congratulations to you!
Good news about your grandfather also!

I dig the coincidental 36-hour babysitting! 36S is a very formidable score and I hope you get into your medical school of choice.

I think I can speak for many here on the C32/C55 forum and say that we are collectively proud of you! Over the past year, I've seen various posts from you alluding to your study efforts, so it's fantastic to hear that it all worked out for you!

You are going to love medicine - I was telling you previously that I am in medical school right now (started a month ago). Despite the massive workload, I absolutely love it. I should have done it sooner!

Best of luck in the admissions and interviewing process and keep us posted where you end up!
thanks! yes....the morning was filled with some strange omens. my grandfather suddenly getting better, and then the 36 hours thing, which took me an hour to remember since i freaked out and called the world. very strange. coincidence? who knows?

i cant wait to start! now to just cut down my list of schools from 38....lol....way too many.......

glad you are liking medicine! maybe we can have "medical" talks some day haha!

thanks to everyone for their best wishes! i really do appreciate it
Old 09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
congrats! youll get into the medical school in no time :-]
with ur scores like that i dont see why not!
Best way though, as you already iknow the LOONG waitlist for med students trying to get into such programs, try to apply at private med schools! its expensive, but itll be worth it!
worked for me ;-) $75 an hour, and only work for days a week :-]
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Great news my friend. I wish you ALL the best that you can achieve

One more reason that I miss and still hang out in the C32/55 board. GREAT people as in you Jturtkel
Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by MiZterC32AMG
congrats! youll get into the medical school in no time :-]
with ur scores like that i dont see why not!
Best way though, as you already iknow the LOONG waitlist for med students trying to get into such programs, try to apply at private med schools! its expensive, but itll be worth it!
worked for me ;-) $75 an hour, and only work for days a week :-]
yah. i figured for the out of state schools (which they ALL are except for U of Arizona lol), I would stick mostly with private since public schools are more difficult to get in to from out of state and are more expensive than private schools (frequently though not always) from out of state

awesome! what do you do, working four days a week at $75/hr?

Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Great news my friend. I wish you ALL the best that you can achieve

One more reason that I miss and still hang out in the C32/55 board. GREAT people as in you Jturtkel
thanks!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Congrats, jturkel - that's outstanding news. My best friend from college is doing his residency right now. Like you, he did quite well with both GPA and MCAT scores. Somewhat recently found out that he's been tapped to be chief resident where he works (major metropolitan children's hospital).

Hope it all goes well for you, best of luck w/ the med school apps and interviews.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
congrats!!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
Originally Posted by jturkel
yah. i figured for the out of state schools (which they ALL are except for U of Arizona lol), I would stick mostly with private since public schools are more difficult to get in to from out of state and are more expensive than private schools (frequently though not always) from out of state

awesome! what do you do, working four days a week at $75/hr?

thanks!
exactly bro!
dude, im just an RN lol thats how much RNs get paid if working at a hospital, but if ur in a management position u get paid salary.
whatever medical expertise u choose in the field bro, u will get paid bank!
MED field is by far the only and most stable job u can get!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Way to go Josh!!

Soon no more saving up for car mods...just go crazy like Hooley!

Congrats!

Greg
Old 09-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' BMW M3
...see...now that's a cool story...congratulations bro...
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by MiZterC32AMG
dude, im just an RN lol thats how much RNs get paid if working at a hospital
Just a "regular" RN, no additional specialty? Didn't realize hospital RN's make ~$150k per year... impressive.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:18 PM

2005 E55
Congrats! That's awesome man. It gives me some hope. I finally broke down and decided to take the GMAT. I've been in a prep course for a few weeks now and have been dreading the actual test.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Congratulations, Josh. Very happy for you!

Your family must be exceptionally proud.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
woooohooo!

Josh your only a **** stache away from following in your Pop's footsteps. Its truly amazing how a Med guy like yourself can manage to not know your limit when drinking.. and pass out while sitting at the bar.

Lets celebrate this weekend and find a good bar to pass out at. I'll have Zingo on call.

congrats!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Just a "regular" RN, no additional specialty? Didn't realize hospital RN's make ~$150k per year... impressive.
Yes and more, there was a report a few years back of a female Rn in Chicago making over $ 250 K with over-time, so yes its possible. The docs here were goin crazy when they saw what she made??

Here's from the Trib (and this was on top of her $92,000 salary??):Peraica unveiled a web-based database of the 24, 500 Cook County employees [accessible from Peraica’s campaign web site], which when Cook County Forest Preserve employees are added, will contain data on over 25,000 Cook County employees, including name, title, hire date, town/zipcode of residence and salary. The database will be updated and ultimately will include such additional data as overtime compensation for Cook County employees, which spectacular excesses [one nurse's overtime tab:$187,500] were written about in Sunday’s Chicago Tribune “Top of the Fold,” p. 1 article by Mickey Ciokajlo and Todd Lighty, "[Cook] County

Last edited by Newzchspy; 09-23-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
woooohooo!

Josh your only a **** stache away from following in your Pop's footsteps. Its truly amazing how a Med guy like yourself can manage to not know your limit when drinking.. and pass out while sitting at the bar.

Lets celebrate this weekend and find a good bar to pass out at. I'll have Zingo on call.

congrats!
Hey Josh, while you're on a roll, might as well try the LSAT too MD/JD is really a good thing to have. Not many out there??
Old 09-23-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
congratz on the Mcats, i guess someone is going to med school!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off-topic, but some of you wanted to know...